Coal, If Hillary is elected what will it cost the average consumer?

Coal is an obsolete energy source

It is being killed by natural gas and low cost oil......Hillary had nothing to do with it, she is just stating the obvious
Look at the chart & compare it to your ridiculous statement. Then try again.

You're denying that the costs of natural gas and oil are down?

Whoa.
over 70% of our electricity according to the chart posted is produced by coal

If it really was obsolete wouldn't that number be ZERO?

It's your chart that's obsolete.
it wasn't my chart
The chart isn't even a year old. They're grasping.

Seriously, Grandpa. Natl gas is down to about half the price of coal. I put up a link before. This is not even debatable. You're being absurd.

The issue about energy costs was that the far left on the enviro side wanted to close coal plants that had not "worn out." But no rational energy producer will build new coal plants when natl gas is so cheap.

Obama has loved making energy unaffordable for the poor, Hillary will continue that crusade.

The poor love their $2 a gallon Obamagas
The poor hate their $400 electric bill.
Thank God for fracking to keep Obamas $5 gas from returning

You mean the way Bush took care of the poor's electricity bills?

2aaa71s.png

Residential Cost of Electricity in the United States | Sustainable Home Energy Solutions

Hillary like Obama wants to kill the coal industry. The following link contains a chart that shows how our electricity is generated here in the KC area. As with every metro area KC has a large poor population and killing coal as Hillary would, would have a dramatic impact on their day to day budgets.

Electricity Generation - KCPL

Do YOU believe coal jobs need to be killed & the use of it restricted or banned?

Just because your area is still using coal doesn't mean that everyone else is too. Just because your state will see difficulties if coal isn't used as much anymore doesn't mean that's going to happen everywhere else.

In 2005 we started shutting down our last coal fired plant. I'm not sure if it's completed but it should be close to it. Which means my state doesn't use coal to generate electricity.

Only 2 other states have lower electric prices than my state. Idaho and West Virginia. One by one tenth of a cent, the other two tenths of a cent.

The majority of electricity in my state is generated by water. Another portion is wind, we have one of the largest wind farms in the nation. Another is natural gas. We have so much excess energy in my state, we sell it to neighboring states. I'm about to pay my electric bill that covers a two month billing cycle. It's 35 dollars for the two months for my 3800 sq. ft. house.

The only coal that comes to my state is on those horrible coal trains that transport coal from one part of the nation to here to be loaded up on a ship and sent to China.

Coal is dirty and expensive. The cost to clean up the mess it makes and the health problems it creates makes it illogical to use since we have other cleaner and renewable sources now.

No one wants to kill the coal industry. Coal can be used for other things besides being spewed into our air that destroys the planet and harms the health of human beings.

Hillary sees the writing on the wall, unlike some. She sees that those who work in the coal industry need to be given an opportunity to be retrained in a field that can keep them in the middle class. Hillary wants to make education and retraining available to those people yet so many just don't want that opportunity. It doesn't make sense.
Your first paragraph says all you need to know about democrat compassion. "I don't live in your state so the problems the federal government could cause your residents is not my problem"
It also goes to show how the liberal philosophy of one size fits all is a complete failure. From education to minimum wage the challenges each state faces are unique to their region. Mandates that may work for one state can absolutely wreck the economy of another.

What you did was take what's happening in your area and applyed it to everyone else. As in the conservative one size fits all or black and white situation for everything.

Which in reality you're forcing your one size situation on everyone else.

Which is one of the reasons why I told you what's happening in my state.

I was trying to show you show you that coal isn't necessary anymore and that what you claim for your state doesn't apply to other states. This isn't a one size fits all situation. Which is what you want to force on our nation.

We have a large population in my state and we don't use coal. There are a lot of other alternatives out there now. My state has been taking the lead and setting the example that clean energy is possible and cheap.

Just because they live in the east doesn't mean they can't be retrained to do other work that can't be outsourced or isn't a dying industry. That is unless you're saying that those people aren't capable of learning which I find very short sighted. They can learn anything they want, they just have to want to and do the work.

The choice, whether it was forced on them by economics or family pressure, or they chose not to learn to do something that pays well, can't be outsourced or isn't a dying industry was a very bad one on their part. Our economy and employment environment leans to those who are properly educated. If you don't have that education, you're left behind.

Growth of electricity prices is much lower than during the Bush Administration.

of34bd.jpg

Hillary like Obama wants to kill the coal industry. The following link contains a chart that shows how our electricity is generated here in the KC area. As with every metro area KC has a large poor population and killing coal as Hillary would, would have a dramatic impact on their day to day budgets.

Do YOU believe coal jobs need to be killed & the use of it restricted or banned?

Just because your area is still using coal doesn't mean that everyone else is too. Just because your state will see difficulties if coal isn't used as much anymore doesn't mean that's going to happen everywhere else.

In 2005 we started shutting down our last coal fired plant. I'm not sure if it's completed but it should be close to it. Which means my state doesn't use coal to generate electricity.

Only 2 other states have lower electric prices than my state. Idaho and West Virginia. One by one tenth of a cent, the other two tenths of a cent.

The majority of electricity in my state is generated by water. Another portion is wind, we have one of the largest wind farms in the nation. Another is natural gas. We have so much excess energy in my state, we sell it to neighboring states. I'm about to pay my electric bill that covers a two month billing cycle. It's 35 dollars for the two months for my 3800 sq. ft. house.

The only coal that comes to my state is on those horrible coal trains that transport coal from one part of the nation to here to be loaded up on a ship and sent to China.

Coal is dirty and expensive. The cost to clean up the mess it makes and the health problems it creates makes it illogical to use since we have other cleaner and renewable sources now.

No one wants to kill the coal industry. Coal can be used for other things besides being spewed into our air that destroys the planet and harms the health of human beings.

Hillary sees the writing on the wall, unlike some. She sees that those who work in the coal industry need to be given an opportunity to be retrained in a field that can keep them in the middle class. Hillary wants to make education and retraining available to those people yet so many just don't want that opportunity. It doesn't make sense.
Your first paragraph says all you need to know about democrat compassion. "I don't live in your state so the problems the federal government could cause your residents is not my problem"
It also goes to show how the liberal philosophy of one size fits all is a complete failure. From education to minimum wage the challenges each state faces are unique to their region. Mandates that may work for one state can absolutely wreck the economy of another.

What you did was take what's happening in your area and applyed it to everyone else. As in the conservative one size fits all or black and white situation for everything.

I was trying to show you show you that coal isn't necessary anymore and that what you claim for your state doesn't apply to other states. This isn't a one size fits all situation. Which is what you want to force on our nation.

We have a large population in my state and we don't use coal. There are a lot of other alternatives out there now. My state has been taking the lead and setting the example that clean energy is possible and cheap.

Just because they live in the east doesn't mean they can't be retrained to do other work that can't be outsourced or isn't a dying industry. That is unless you're saying that those people aren't capable of learning which I find very short sighted. They can learn anything they want, they just have to want to and do the work.

The choice, whether it was forced on them by economics or family pressure, or they chose not to learn to do something that pays well, can't be outsourced or isn't a dying industry was a very bad one on their part. Our economy and employment environment leans to those who are properly educated. If you don't have that education, you're left behind.
You're a fucking retard. If you want to ignore coal & have the means to do so, more power to you. Me wanting it to not be banned is not forcing anything on you.

Trot along now ya fucking idiot

Coal is an obsolete energy source

It is being killed by natural gas and low cost oil......Hillary had nothing to do with it, she is just stating the obvious
Look at the chart & compare it to your ridiculous statement. Then try again.

You're denying that the costs of natural gas and oil are down?

Whoa.
over 70% of our electricity according to the chart posted is produced by coal

If it really was obsolete wouldn't that number be ZERO?

It's your chart that's obsolete.
it wasn't my chart

Currently coal is fueling less than 40 percent of our nations power. And it's been that way for quite sometime.

Just saying.

Seriously, Grandpa. Natl gas is down to about half the price of coal. I put up a link before. This is not even debatable. You're being absurd.

The issue about energy costs was that the far left on the enviro side wanted to close coal plants that had not "worn out." But no rational energy producer will build new coal plants when natl gas is so cheap.

We export coal in very large quanaries from both the east and west coasts. And will no doubt continue to do so for some time to come.

You're a fucking retard. If you want to ignore coal & have the means to do so, more power to you. Me wanting it to not be banned is not forcing anything on you.

Coal is in no danger of disappearing. Market forces are against coal for the time being but that too will change.

When I think you can have an intelligent conversation, you prove me wrong.

When I think you can have a conversation without lying, you prove me wrong.

No one is banning coal. Your statement that you don't want it banned connotates that someone has banned it or it will be banned. Which is a lie.

What's happening is that alternatives have become much cheaper and coal is obsolete.

Use coal all you want. No one is telling you not to.

All I was doing was trying to show you that it's not necessary to use coal and the alternatives are cheaper.

You want the one size fits all. You want us to still use that filithy coal.

I want many sources of energy which isn't a one size fits all.

Oh, it's a sure sign that you know you've lost the debate with me when you resort to filthy language, personal insults and lies.

Don't bother replying. I will scroll right by it and not read or reply to it.

Coal provides 50% of our dispachable power...yeah, it isn't necessary anymore....

fucking uneducated liberal fucktard........

Do YOU believe coal jobs need to be killed & the use of [coal] restricted or banned?
  • Do I think coal jobs need to be "killed" directly? No.
  • Do I think the whole world should hasten to implement more energy production sources and methods as replacement for coal? Absolutely.
  • Will that necessarily reduce the quantity of jobs in the coal industry and correspondingly reduce the economic/financial prospects of people and regions that depend on coal industry revenue? Yes, it will; however, those "follow on" outcomes are just that, consequences, not, in and of themselves, explicit ends I aim to see realized. Using the toilet will indeed fill the septic tank, but filling the septic tank isn't why one uses the toilet.

Forum List

Back