Coal, If Hillary is elected what will it cost the average consumer?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Hillary like Obama wants to kill the coal industry. The following link contains a chart that shows how our electricity is generated here in the KC area. As with every metro area KC has a large poor population and killing coal as Hillary would, would have a dramatic impact on their day to day budgets.

Electricity Generation - KCPL

Do YOU believe coal jobs need to be killed & the use of it restricted or banned?

Coal is an obsolete energy source

It is being killed by natural gas and low cost oil......Hillary had nothing to do with it, she is just stating the obvious

And Trump is magically going to create coal industry jobs?

Hell, the biggest killer of coal industry jobs has been the coal industry itself, within which there are people working every day to figure out how to mine coal with fewer and fewer people on the payroll.

• Banned
  • Banned

Hell, the biggest killer of coal industry jobs has been the coal industry itself, within which there are people working every day to figure out how to mine coal with fewer and fewer people on the payroll.
The biggest killer of coal jobs is government regulation

Derp along now hack

It is being killed by natural gas and low cost oil......Hillary had nothing to do with it, she is just stating the obvious
Look at the chart & compare it to your ridiculous statement. Then try again.

Coal s a loser economically. Natural gas and oil are killing it
Not to mention it is ecologically in feasible

Let Trump heat Trump Tower by coal and we can talk

Fail

Look at the chart. Then respond to the op. No more deflection.

Fail

I saw the chart

It was irrelevant to any national energy policy. It only covered energy sources for one supplier

Fail

I saw the chart

It was irrelevant to any national energy policy. It only covered energy sources for one supplier
Aka, it doesn't accurately depict your narrative so you just dismiss it.

Can't say I'm surprised.

Fail

I saw the chart

Can't say I'm surprised.
One company is not a narrative

Fail

I saw the chart

Can't say I'm surprised.
Look at the chart & respond directly to the op.

You can't

It doesn't fit the narrative that is IN YOUR HEAD so you have to obfuscate.

Fail

I saw the chart

Can't say I'm surprised.

You can't

Saw your chart and it is irrelevant

Why don't you explain its significance?

Economics will kill coal. As the solar and wind continue to come down in price, and the push for the energy companies to pay for the externalities of their very dirty product, more and more new energy will be renewables. The grid scale batteries coming online at present will make the renewables 24/7. You are standing by the highway, cussing the new fangled automobiles, yelling get a horse. That will work now as well as it worked then.

Fail

I saw the chart

Can't say I'm surprised.

You can't

Saw your chart and it is irrelevant

Why don't you explain its significance?
Back to ignore for the troll. It's significance was spelled out in the op that you've been ignoring. Bye bye troll

Last edited:
Hillary like Obama wants to kill the coal industry. The following link contains a chart that shows how our electricity is generated here in the KC area. As with every metro area KC has a large poor population and killing coal as Hillary would, would have a dramatic impact on their day to day budgets.

Electricity Generation - KCPL

Do YOU believe coal jobs need to be killed & the use of it restricted or banned?

No..she doesn't want to kill the industry. She recognizes that it is dying....and that the people it employs ( vastly reduced by free market mechanism ) will need new kinds of jobs. Her plan is to promote the industries that will develop those jobs....and to stop promoting a dying industry.

Try harder to be accurate.

Economics will kill coal. As the solar and wind continue to come down in price, and the push for the energy companies to pay for the externalities of their very dirty product, more and more new energy will be renewables. The grid scale batteries coming online at present will make the renewables 24/7. You are standing by the highway, cussing the new fangled automobiles, yelling get a horse. That will work now as well as it worked then.
When that time comes I will welcome it. That time is not now. Renewable sources are not yet economical. If they were companies would switch to save money. That is clearly not the case. What Hillary wants to do is FORCE that switch DESPITE the increase in cost. And that increase will be passed on to the consumer. Which brings us full circle to my op which everyone is trying to avoid.

Forum List

Back