CNN Tries to Script Students’ Meeting with President Trump

CNN Tries to Script Students’ Meeting with President Trump!

Shooting Survivor: CNN Gave Me "Scripted Question" After Denying Question About Armed Guards

Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School student Colton Haab said he was approached by CNN to ask a question at Wednesday night's town hall but decided not to after the network gave him a "scripted question," quashing one he wrote himself. Haab, a member of the Junior ROTC shielded students while the school was under attack from the shooter, said he was going to ask about using veterans as armed security guards.

"CNN had originally asked me to write a speech and questions and it ended up being all scripted," Haab told WPLG-TV.

"I expected to be able to ask my questions and give my opinion on my questions," Haab said.

"Colton Haab, a member of the Junior ROTC who shielded classmates in the midst of terror says he did not get to share his experience," WPLG's Janine Stanwood explained.

"Colton wrote questions about school safety, suggested using veterans as armed school security guards but claims CNN wanted him to ask a scripted question instead so he decided not to go," Stanwood reported.

"CNN had originally asked me to write a speech and questions and it ended up being all scripted," Haab said. "I don't think that it's going get anything accomplished. It's not gonna ask the true questions that all the parents and teachers and students have."

Shooting Survivor: CNN Gave Me "Scripted Question" After Denying Question About Armed Guards

Another Donna Brazil moment? Or is it just status quo with CNN? They control both sides of an interview or the guest doesn’t get on! Now why is CNN called fake news? Let me think…

Proud of those kids who refused to be sheep.

So, you just completely dismiss CNN's response?

Yea, for you! Way to be intelligent.

And the FACT that what he wanted to talk about was discussed.

Veterans as armed guards at schools.

I am okaying talking about that-- As long as we include a discussion of PTSD and the NICs list.

veterans are heros, they put themselves in harms way to keep us safe. they sacrificed for our safety. are they willing to discuss safety issues with severe symptoms of PTSD?

It is wrong to "script" partisanly on the left as it is on the right. I hope the OP continues to call out both sides when it happens.
cnn denies it happened

UPDATE: CNN released the following statement Thursday morning:

CNN did not, and does not, script any questions for town hall meetings, ever.

The kid should be able to produce the prepared scripted question CNN wanted him to ask.....
What if CNN took it back when the kid refused to do what they wanted?

Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School student Colton Haab said he was approached by CNN to ask a question at Wednesday night's town hall but decided not to after the network gave him a "scripted question," quashing one he wrote himself. Haab, a member of the Junior ROTC shielded students while the school was under attack from the shooter, said he was going to ask about using veterans as armed security guards.

"CNN had originally asked me to write a speech and questions and it ended up being all scripted," Haab told WPLG-TV.

"I expected to be able to ask my questions and give my opinion on my questions," Haab said.

"Colton Haab, a member of the Junior ROTC who shielded classmates in the midst of terror says he did not get to share his experience," WPLG's Janine Stanwood explained.

"Colton wrote questions about school safety, suggested using veterans as armed school security guards but claims CNN wanted him to ask a scripted question instead so he decided not to go," Stanwood reported.

"CNN had originally asked me to write a speech and questions and it ended up being all scripted," Haab said. "I don't think that it's going get anything accomplished. It's not gonna ask the true questions that all the parents and teachers and students have."

Another Donna Brazil moment? Or is it just status quo with CNN? They control both sides of an interview or the guest doesn’t get on! Now why is CNN called fake news? Let me think…

Why are you dismissing the students' statements? CNN is trying to defend themselves. What are they going to say> Yes we did but we promise not to do it again? CNN is the one with the honesty problems. The kids just wanted to ask THEIR OWN question as planned...Was that so wrong?

It is wrong to "script" partisanly on the left as it is on the right. I hope the OP continues to call out both sides when it happens.
cnn denies it happened

The kid should be able to produce the prepared scripted question CNN wanted him to ask.....
What if CNN took it back when the kid refused to do what they wanted?

Why are you dismissing the students' statements? CNN is trying to defend themselves. What are they going to say> Yes we did but we promise not to do it again? CNN is the one with the honesty problems. The kids just wanted to ask THEIR OWN question as planned...Was that so wrong?
looks like a quote misfire - care4all is the one defending CNN.

They do this crap constantly. They do it at Town Halls, they stage interviews, they give people like Clinton questions before they are asked. They also engage in ambush journalism. Honestly CNN has the lowest Journalistic Integrity of any media outlet I can think of. I'd trust The National Enquirer before I'd trust them.

Too bad the alt right is gettingkicked in the face. This is only to get worse for the bad guys.

iowa hawk.png

Shooting Survivor: CNN Gave Me “Scripted Question” After Denying Question About Armed Guards.

Last week these kids were eating Tide Pods and couldn't figure out which bathroom to use. This week, we're supposed to take firearms policy advice from them.

cnn denies it happened

Where does it say he was handed a physical document?

Shooting Survivor Quit CNN Town Hall After Refusing to Ask 'Scripted' Question | Breitbart
Colton Haab, a student who survived last week’s mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, refused to participate in a CNN Town Hall on Wednesday night after he was told to ask a “scripted” question.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah you won't see msm telling their sheep followers about scripted information.

There have been so many news anchors who have quit because of similar reasons, or they were told NOT to report the truth. One that stands out is Amber Lyons.

Haab probably saved many lives and is a hero, imho.
To the Leftards he’s a liar because CNN (with their long history of dishonesty) must be believed. Lol.

Haab reportedly "ushered 60 to 70 people to shelter in an open Junior Reserve Officers' Training Corps room" and used "Kevlar sheets generally used for the Junior ROTC marksmanship program" to hide and shield those in the room the shooter and possible gunfire.

"We took those sheets, and we put them in front of everybody so they weren't seen, because they were behind a solid object and the Kevlar would slow the bullet down," Haab told CNN at the time.

"I didn't think it was going to stop it, but it would definitely slow it down to make it from a catastrophic to a lifesaving thing," he added.

He protected kids with his own body and helped them to safety. CNN approached him for an interview and gave him a script..and rejected his own questions and statements. This is your state run media.

Channel 4 of Washington DC came up to me, to ask my opinion of the first Tranny who was elected for office in the Prince William county. I told them that any person who willingly self mutilates HIS body, so he can then get the sympathetic vote from stupid insane people, is just that, fucking insane and those who voted for him. Channel 4 did not interview me or share my thoughts to the viewers. Same goes with CNN the liberal propaganda machine that Adolf Hitler and Joseph Stalin could only dream about...

84d539ebe54563c2cadbe2c4b0731591.jpg

Why can't Rubio give up NRA $$$$?
I liked Rubio's response to that. Why should he? He said he believes in the 2nd and those who support his ideas are welcome to contribute. Some of his suggestions are not NRA approved.
I believe he's sincere about that.
The NRA's push for more guns is obscene. Their wish for better mental health intervention is perfectly logical, though.
The only thing that will "break" the NRA is the public refusing to buy guns. Retail chains refusing to sell AR's. The NRA isn't the problem. It's people who want these weapons.

We can't have somebody wandering off the plantation right in the middle of a propaganda rally, can we?

He protected kids with his own body and helped them to safety. CNN approached him for an interview and gave him a script..and rejected his own questions and statements. This is your state run media.

From your link:

There is absolutely no truth to this. CNN did not provide or script questions for anyone in last night's town hall, nor have we ever. After seeing an interview with Colton Haab, we invited him to participate in our town hall along with other students and administrators from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. Colton’s father withdrew his name from participation before the forum began, which we regretted but respected. We welcome Colton to join us on CNN today to discuss his views on school safety.

According to a CNN insider Haab wanted to give an extensive speech and not just ask a question, something the network said the forum was not designed for.

-----------------

So, if CNN is wrong, it appears they invited him back to give a statement.

Sounds fair, doncha think?

Forum List

Back