CNN Tries to Script Students’ Meeting with President Trump

If 95% of the major media pushed a right wing agenda, the Left would be screaming and the Right would be defending it.

This is how fucked up things are. We don't even care if our media is objective and comprehensive, as long as we agree with their partisan agenda.

This isn't good for a democracy, and we're seeing the results play out in real time.
Agreed. The thing is the MSM is controlled by the ruling class. The MSM also fears a big omnipresent tyrannical government that spies on journalists and can put you in prison on trumped up charges. No doubt much of the leading MSM talking heads are controlled by the government.

Trying to find quality investigative journalism in the MSM, is akin to finding a needle in a haystack.
The worst part is that we don't even care.

Don't people want to know the whole story any more?

If 95% of the major media pushed a right wing agenda, the Left would be screaming and the Right would be defending it.

This is how fucked up things are. We don't even care if our media is objective and comprehensive, as long as we agree with their partisan agenda.

This isn't good for a democracy, and we're seeing the results play out in real time.
Agreed. The thing is the MSM is controlled by the ruling class. The MSM also fears a big omnipresent tyrannical government that spies on journalists and can put you in prison on trumped up charges. No doubt much of the leading MSM talking heads are controlled by the government.

Trying to find quality investigative journalism in the MSM, is akin to finding a needle in a haystack.

Anyone that wanted to know the whole story would not go to CNN to start with.

If you're happy with this situation, great. You're getting your way.

These WeakWhyte fools are so triggered that they can't convince anyone that a White Nationalist rag doesn't have an agenda with one kid with no script.

Drum up the TIki Torches and Rah Rah Filthy Don campaign tour! :113:

I know there are students who don't agree with banning guns. The fact that the taking heads have no interest in hearing what they have to say is telling.

I am not the one going to CNN for my news, but it seems that you are. So, I would say that you are the happy one. Or maybe you think whining about it on a political forum will change it. Do you really think the same people that post daily from the most biased sites possibly care about fair or unbiased? Fuck, most of the people on this forum go out of their way to find biased sources that reinforce what they already believe to be true?

It is wrong to "script" partisanly on the left as it is on the right. I hope the OP continues to call out both sides when it happens.
cnn denies it happened

UPDATE: CNN released the following statement Thursday morning:

CNN did not, and does not, script any questions for town hall meetings, ever.

The kid should be able to produce the prepared scripted question CNN wanted him to ask.....
so is this where i go find CNN lies also?

as in saying reporters are in different locations yet we see the same cars stream behind them.
or how they rearrange a muslim protest to be better on camera
and now they call a verified kid who goes to that school a liar - why would he lie? maybe he did but i'm not believing a source who's sole job is to divide and push their causes. period.

i'll wait for more info but CNN has to do more than say "wasn't us" given their gaffs in the last few years alone.

CNN Tries to Script Students’ Meeting with President Trump!

Shooting Survivor: CNN Gave Me "Scripted Question" After Denying Question About Armed Guards

Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School student Colton Haab said he was approached by CNN to ask a question at Wednesday night's town hall but decided not to after the network gave him a "scripted question," quashing one he wrote himself. Haab, a member of the Junior ROTC shielded students while the school was under attack from the shooter, said he was going to ask about using veterans as armed security guards.

"CNN had originally asked me to write a speech and questions and it ended up being all scripted," Haab told WPLG-TV.

"I expected to be able to ask my questions and give my opinion on my questions," Haab said.

"Colton Haab, a member of the Junior ROTC who shielded classmates in the midst of terror says he did not get to share his experience," WPLG's Janine Stanwood explained.

"Colton wrote questions about school safety, suggested using veterans as armed school security guards but claims CNN wanted him to ask a scripted question instead so he decided not to go," Stanwood reported.

"CNN had originally asked me to write a speech and questions and it ended up being all scripted," Haab said. "I don't think that it's going get anything accomplished. It's not gonna ask the true questions that all the parents and teachers and students have."

Shooting Survivor: CNN Gave Me "Scripted Question" After Denying Question About Armed Guards

Another Donna Brazil moment? Or is it just status quo with CNN? They control both sides of an interview or the guest doesn’t get on! Now why is CNN called fake news? Let me think…

Proud of those kids who refused to be sheep.
FYI-this was an update at the end of the article ?:

The Trumptards here only accept unsubstantiated, unsupported denials when they're made by conservatives.
Unsubstantiated??? Unsupported???? The students told what they experienced. At least two came up wit the same kind of account. It appears CNN's side is unsubstantiated.
have they shown the alleged script from CNN?

IF NOT, why not?
The talks where the CNN people were giving the kids their questions would not be in the script. Just as Donna Brazil's call to the debate moderator was no part of the show. Thus not in a transcript. However, that doesn't make it untrue. She admitted it,
nope!

It was a transcript of the questions people at the town hall were going to ask....

Donna somehow got/stole the transcript of the town haller's questions, one for Bernie and one for Hillary and she rewrote those questions verbatim, in an email giving them a heads up at the DNC/campaign.... :eek:

I am not the one going to CNN for my news, but it seems that you are. So, I would say that you are the happy one. Or maybe you think whining about it on a political forum will change it. Do you really think the same people that post daily from the most biased sites possibly care about fair or unbiased? Fuck, most of the people on this forum go out of their way to find biased sources that reinforce what they already believe to be true?
Then don't respond to my posts.

You and I have different opinions on the role of the major media.

Facebook, YouTube Removing Any And All Posts About Witness David Hogg And Emma Gonzalez – Twitter Lockout

12033146_10207855509059985_9193439422190761732_n-copy.jpeg

CNN is why you have so many stupid and ill informed leftists on this very forum. You can spot a CNN viewer a mile away

It is wrong to "script" partisanly on the left as it is on the right. I hope the OP continues to call out both sides when it happens.
cnn denies it happened

The kid should be able to produce the prepared scripted question CNN wanted him to ask.....
What if CNN took it back when the kid refused to do what they wanted?

I would prefer that Haab got to ask his question(s). That said, I don't know that I can complain a lot about the questions that were asked because they were germane questions.

I cannot say Haab's attestation about being given a "scripted' question is untruthful; however, neither can I say that I'd put it past a CNN producer or someone providing editing support to the kids so the questions were succinct. I'd like very much to see the question(s) Haab composed and what be the scripted question(s) he says CNN gave him.

I can add that an acquaintance who attended a presidential town hall some years back shared that he was required to share his questions with the event moderator and informed that he had to ask the question he shared not one he conjured later. His wife submitted a question that the moderators discussed with her and was asked about ways to tighten up her rambling inquiry so it wouldn't take forever to ask the question. She agreed to the edits. It may be that something similar is what Haab construes as having been given a scripted question. ???

FWIW, neither my acquaintance nor his wife asked their questions during the televised town hall; however they and other attendees did get to ask them of campaign spokespersons who stayed behind after the airing. The guy I know was satisfied with that; he like all the attendees knew that most people wouldn't get to ask their question on the air.

I can say that the repetition of some of the question themes struck me as uncharacteristic with the approach news personalities take when posing interview, townhall and/or debate questions. The repeated "what are we supposed to do/how are we supposed to feel" emotional themes just aren't lines of inquiry news folks pursue so unrelentingly. Far more typical of newsies is it to take whatever response they get and move on to the next topic. They do that mainly because time is limited and newsies are obliged to try to cover as many of a matter's various themes and angles as they can.

Off-topic:
FWIW, all morning long, CNN's anchors have repeatedly -- when speaking to people who were of a mind to be very critical of Sen. Rubio, particularly with regard to his "bobbing and weaving" answers from the town hall -- stressed the specific nature and extent to which Sen. Rubio expressed his willingness to adopt slightly different gun-policy stances than he heretofore has been willing to embrace.​

cnn denies it happened

What if CNN took it back when the kid refused to do what they wanted?
kinda makes you wish people would look for this type of "proof" even on things they agreed with, huh?

it's no secret CNN sells out. it's no secret they make shit up. yet this is somehow not plausible?

for trump a lot is very plausible for no other reason than he does a lot of stupid shit so it's easy to believe. when something comes up don't verify, pile on trump! WHEEE PARTY!!!!

yet when it comes up against their views, suddenly proof is needed.

amazing to me.

New Topics

Forum List

Back