CNN/Time Pick 25 Most Fascinating People

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
CNN is celebrating 25 years in the broadcasting business. Together with Time Magazine, CNN compiled a list of who they think were the 25 most fascinating people who made news during that 25-year period. The article is worth a read. Pretty interesting.

Top 25: Fascinating People
Monday, May 2, 2005

1) Ronald Reagan
2) Pope John Paul II
3) Ayatollah Khomeini
4) George W. Bush
5) Deng Xiaoping
6) Bill Clinton
7) Osama bin Laden
8) Mikhail Gorbachev
9) Nelson Mandela
10) Yasser Arafat
11) Bill Gates
12) Margaret Thacher
13) Saddam Hussein
14) Sam Walton
15) Ariel Sharon
16) Steve Jobs
17) Newt Gingrich
18) Lech Walesa
19) Mother Teresa
20) Alan Greenspan
21) Michael Jordan
22) Princess Diana
23) Rev. Billy Graham
24) Oprah Winfrey
25) Steven Spielberg

(CNN) -- The world of politics is home to some of the most fascinating people of the last quarter-century, according to a Top 25 list compiled by CNN and editors at Time magazine.

President Bush, ranked No. 4 on the list, entered the White House for the first of his two-term tenure in the wake of the bitterly contested 2000 election. Shortly thereafter, he led the nation through the September 11 attacks and subsequent wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

"He embraced an idea in foreign policy, the notion of a pre-emptive war and the possibility that that war can spread democracy in a region," said Priscilla Painton, executive editor at Time. "Over the objections of many people, he pushed that idea forward in ways history will judge. But where historians won't disagree is accessing the boldness of that idea."

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/05/02/CNN25.top.fascinating/
If URL does not work, go to www.cnn.com. Then do a search for "25 Most Fascinating People."

Ever since those long, bewitching legs of Ann Coulter graced the pages of Time, I've been mesmerized. Actually, I'm in love with her brain. So where is my blond bazooka in the list, huh???

I mean Yassir Arafat is fascinating? Like EWE!!! The prick probably looks better now in his tomb then he ever did in real life.

Okay, this list sucks.

1) Ronald Reagan

Very great man, not so mysterious or fascinating. He's dead, and his accomplishments are properly, and most duely noted as world-shattering.

But fascinating? Maybe, but I feel like I know the man, that's how good his life achievements feel to me.

The fact that he's number one on this list is the only redeeming quality of the whole, entire, pathetic thing.

And oh, yes, this will be a right fisking!

2) Pope John Paul II

I'm not Catholic, so what do I care? All I know is the guy really couldn't go out on a limb and support the liberation of Iraq from Saddam, and that he was kind of like Clinton, for being such a schmooze to the UN and the Euro appeasers in that critical time. Dead, still not fascinating.

3) Ayatollah Khomeini

God, #3 is this misogynistic bastard and not someone still alive like Charles Manson? I mean this prick is no more fascinating than that wife beater who lives down the street, and always has the police show up every time he gets drunk. Fugget about it.

4) George W. Bush

They just threw him in here because he fits nicely between an Islamic Extremist, and a Communist figurehead.

5) Deng Xiaoping

Booooooring. At least Kim Il and his diplomatic corps have a flair for the dramatic. I mean how fascinating IS CHINA? I can say, since I've been there, not very.

6) Bill Clinton

oh, sure, I'd probably read the whole artical about how he bagged a new intern in his Alabama Library, but who the hell cares anymore? The real news would be about how his wife reacted, since she's the only one with a possible career path in politics. And when Bolton gets confirmed to the U.N., you can kiss of Bill Clinton as the next U.N. head.

7) Osama bin Laden

Gaaagh! Screw 'em.

8) Mikhail Gorbachev

What have you done for me lately?

9) Nelson Mandela

Another winner who fiercely opposed the violation of human rights by keeping Saddam in power. Yaaawn.

10) Yasser Arafat

Smelly, rotting, terrorist bastard.

11) Bill Gates

A very lowkey, serious businessman. God bless him, his motivation, his brilliance, and his charitable inclinations. The only way for him to be fascinating is if he dumped his wife and started dating Paris Hilton. Ain't gonna happen.

12) Margaret Thacher

Hard ass. Loved her for it. Ewe factor still at Severe.

13) Saddam Hussein

LOL!

24-7 video feed of his time in captivity = Millions in worldwide gross access fees.

A live execution sold through select cable venues = a cool Billion.

A CBS mini-series on the life and times of Saddam, and how he struggled to hold his country together during hard times... bankruptcy for CBS. May it come sooner than later.

14) Sam Walton

Another dead rich guy? Do you think there will be a movie like 'The Aviator' surrounding the life and times of Mr. Walton, the grocery store owner?

15) Ariel Sharon

Can't Isreal possibly elect someone more charismatic and interesting?

16) Steve Jobs

Working a job sucks. His name sucks. Boooring.

17) Newt Gingrich

With a name like that, who needs a fascinating life?

18) Lech Walesa

Who? No, I mean serious, who is this?

19) Mother Teresa

Nice lady. Now dead.

20) Alan Greenspan

Almost retired, soon to be dead. And since when is finance a 'sexy' topic anyway? I mean am I missing something, or do old guys like this get all kind of chicks from being math nerds their entire life? Should I quit my pilot career and go back to being an actuary?

21) Michael Jordan

Would have been dead, if not for the far more fascinating field of medicine, and not baseball... er, I mean basketball. Or was it baseball?

22) Princess Diana

Shame that she's dead. But Prince Charles always wanted a horse. Haha. Isn't the Brit royalty and the media rags which hype them up so ever fascinating? Not.

23) Rev. Billy Graham

I can't honestly say whether he's dead, in jail, or still harvesting millions from his TV listeners. Fascination Level: Nil.

24) Oprah Winfrey

I heard she lost some weight, and gave away some cars. Also very rich. Good for her.

25) Steven Spielberg

Jumped the shark after E.T.

Survey says, the CNN/Time list sucks!

Hell, I find the two final chicks in the Apprentice far more fascinating than any on this list... what does that say about me? Don't answer that. :)

Well, they both had/have a talent for shaking things up pretty good, but I think you'll agree that he probably made more news during that 25-year period. Coulter is just now coming into her own. Maybe she will be on the next "25 Most Fascinating" list, if CNN lasts that long. :)

Forum List

Back