CNN Sues Manafort Trial Court For Names And Addresses Of Jury Members

Yes, he has the power. But does it make it right? No President has ever done this before, and I think it is because we have never ever elected such a piece of shit President. Sorry, Save, but he's asked for it this time. I'm done giving this guy the benefit of the doubt.

There is a lot of confusion about security clearances. It is actually attached to job descriptions and not the people themselves. The person has to qualify once in the job. Being job based it makes a lot of sense to remove it when they no longer have the job. No president has been attacked in this fashion repeatedly by ex officials OldLady. Which came first?
If he doesn't want to be called a "traitor" by the ex CIA chief, maybe Trump shouldn't have kissed Putin's ass in Helsinki. And he could stop tweeting like a deranged idiot. No President has ever done as much to be criticized for as Trump. Yes, some of it is petty, and I never said I always agree with Brennan, but he has the right to say it damn it and not be personally punished for it.

Of course, WaPo, BuzzFeed, NYT, NBC and AP plus POLITICO asked for the information, not just CNN. It was so they could interview them (or try to) after the trial is over.
It is completely illegal to screw with a sitting juror.

So leave business cards with the judge for the jury. Those interested can contact them. No, this is out and out jury tampering.
Of course it isn't. Why did the judge encourage them to appeal if he says no?
I'm surprised. I would think the jurors should be protected from the press and everyone else until the verdict is in. I would think that is what the media is thinking, too. They will be ready to move in like carrion as soon as it is over. Especially if it is a hung jury, or he is found not guilty.

Media requests for jurors’ names and addresses is not uncommon in high-profile cases, and federal courts have ruled that the information can be made public except under certain circumstances. (RELATED: Trump Calls Case Against Manafort ‘Very Sad’)

“A thirsty press is essential to a free county,” Ellis said in court when addressing the media companies’ motion. He also urged the news outlets, which are being represented by the firm Ballard Spahr, to appeal his decision should he rule against publicizing the jury’s information.

CNN, NYT And Other News Outlets Ask Manafort Judge To Release Jurors’ Names, Addresses

I have to wonder if he "encouraged" or "urged" them to appeal, or if he just said they had the right to do so. I note that there's no actual quote of him doing it.

If he doesn't want to be called a "traitor" by the ex CIA chief, maybe Trump shouldn't have kissed Putin's ass in Helsinki. And he could stop tweeting like a deranged idiot. No President has ever done as much to be criticized for as Trump. Yes, some of it is petty, and I never said I always agree with Brennan, but he has the right to say it damn it and not be personally punished for it.

I am sorry you are so upset. I am going to stop now, because I like you. :)

Yes, he has the power. But does it make it right? No President has ever done this before, and I think it is because we have never ever elected such a piece of shit President. Sorry, Save, but he's asked for it this time. I'm done giving this guy the benefit of the doubt.

There is a lot of confusion about security clearances. It is actually attached to job descriptions and not the people themselves. The person has to qualify once in the job. Being job based it makes a lot of sense to remove it when they no longer have the job. No president has been attacked in this fashion repeatedly by ex officials OldLady. Which came first?
COMPARTMENTILIZATON AND NEED TO KNOW... People have no clue..

Just having a security clearance is not in and of itself cart blanch authority to gain access to information.

Brennen has shown he is willing to compromise his ethical conduct by his statements publicly. I would rip his security clearance too..

There's nothing political about cheating on your taxes. Everyone seems to be conveniently forgetting that RUSSIA HACKED US and interfered with our election and that the Russians were so thick in the Trump campaign that you couldn't swing a cat without running into one. So yeah, the investigation into RUSSIAN interference in the 2016 election included whether any Americans were involved in that.
ANY Americans. Enter Don Jr. and June 2016, emails and all.
Everyone is forgetting the real reason for this investigation to begin with. I would say the average Trump supporter actually HAS forgotten and could care less that a hostile foreign government tried to influence our vote for the President of the United States.
Well, a few of us haven't forgotten and we still care and what Trump has done to poison the well of this investigation is sickening. Sickening.

You are switching subjects there OldLady. Taxes to Russians? Weird how Mueller hasn't got one conviction on what you suggest, so he tries someone on taxes instead. Does that sound within the scope of what his investigation was suppose to do?
You said the investigation which picked up Manafort's tax evasion was entirely politically motivated. I reminded you of what the investigation is really about. I'm not changing the subject; I am reminding you that this is not purely a political witch hunt. Shame on you for even thinking so.

I am sorry you are so upset. I am going to stop now, because I like you. :)
Okay, Save. I like you, too. I'm not upset with you, but with Trump. And boy, I'm really upset with him this time.

I am not using the word for effect. He is using his power to inflict punishment on those who speak badly of him. Period. That is dictator shit and the last I knew, we didn't take kindly to that in this country.

You mean like using the IRS to stop non profit status to conservative groups? That happened under Obama. There are many other examples.
That sucked, too. The IRS didn't get away with it, though (thanks to the media, btw). Trump is totally up front about it; there is no question what he's up to. Went and did an interview and fucking admitted it. So I ask you, if you didn't like all these things you accuse Obama of, why would you be supporting Trump for doing it.
Admitted to what??
If you worked for the government..... leave service and start cussing out the government.....expect the government to respond!!!
What if you leave service, only to have an armed standoff with government, is that different or nah?

1397532347000-nevada-grazing.jpg

The utter sheer lack of self awareness by the cognitive dissonant trump supporter is astonishing...
So you ask a question and don't wait for the answer.

You're talking apples and oranges.
In one case, (my understanding of the facts mind you) the government was trying to take away a man's grazing rights. The government slaughtered several of his animals...until they were discovered and stopped. The armed individuals took it upon themselves to help this guy....protect him from murderous government officials.

In the other case we have a former government employee inciting other's to rebel against the current government through any means necessary.
Totally different situations.

Last edited:
There's nothing political about cheating on your taxes. Everyone seems to be conveniently forgetting that RUSSIA HACKED US and interfered with our election and that the Russians were so thick in the Trump campaign that you couldn't swing a cat without running into one. So yeah, the investigation into RUSSIAN interference in the 2016 election included whether any Americans were involved in that.
ANY Americans. Enter Don Jr. and June 2016, emails and all.
Everyone is forgetting the real reason for this investigation to begin with. I would say the average Trump supporter actually HAS forgotten and could care less that a hostile foreign government tried to influence our vote for the President of the United States.
Well, a few of us haven't forgotten and we still care and what Trump has done to poison the well of this investigation is sickening. Sickening.

You are switching subjects there OldLady. Taxes to Russians? Weird how Mueller hasn't got one conviction on what you suggest, so he tries someone on taxes instead. Does that sound within the scope of what his investigation was suppose to do?
You said the investigation which picked up Manafort's tax evasion was entirely politically motivated. I reminded you of what the investigation is really about. I'm not changing the subject; I am reminding you that this is not purely a political witch hunt. Shame on you for even thinking so.
Manafort wasn't even on the radar until he was hired by Trump.

Manafort was exonerated by Rosenstine himself and until he was hired by Trump there was not even an inkling of him being in trouble.

This 100% politically motivated!

Last edited:
CNN-Logo-Building.jpg

Oh-oh...... CNN is anticipating an acquittal.

CNN Sued The Government For Names, Addresses Of Manafort Jurors
The anti-Trump cable news network has a long history of doxxing threats and harassment.
August 17, 2018 By Bre Payton

In a motion filed in federal court on Thursday, CNN and several other media outlets requested that the court release the names and home addresses of all jurors in the Paul Manafort fraud case. Jurors haven not yet rendered a verdict on any of the 18 charges against Manafort, who briefly served as President Donald Trump’s campaign manager in 2016.

The motion — filed on behalf of CNN, Washington Post, BuzzFeed, POLITICO, New York Times, NBC Universal, and the Associated Press — asks the court to provide to the media organizations the full names and home addresses of the men and women who were summoned and selected by the federal government to serve as jurors in Manafort’s fraud case.

This is not acceptable that a MSM organisation DEMAND the name and home addresses of jurors, if so the Judge would have said yes they would print this OR the thing would be leaked and onto Twitter and other Social Media and this potentially endangers the lives of the jurors from the Unhinged Far Leftist Antifa Fascists.
Of course, WaPo, BuzzFeed, NYT, NBC and AP plus POLITICO asked for the information, not just CNN. It was so they could interview them (or try to) after the trial is over.
The media should not have a right to such information about jurors.
If a juror or jurors WANT to speak to the media, the onus should be on them to contact the media, rather than the press being given details on ALL of the jurors. Unbelievable.

CNN-Logo-Building.jpg

The anti-Trump cable news network has a long history of doxxing threats and harassment.

In a motion filed in federal court on Thursday, CNN and several other media outlets requested that the court release the names and home addresses of all jurors in the Paul Manafort fraud case. Jurors haven not yet rendered a verdict on any of the 18 charges against Manafort, who briefly served as President Donald Trump’s campaign manager in 2016.

The motion — filed on behalf of CNN, Washington Post, BuzzFeed, POLITICO, New York Times, NBC Universal, and the Associated Press — asks the court to provide to the media organizations the full names and home addresses of the men and women who were summoned and selected by the federal government to serve as jurors in Manafort’s fraud case.

This is not acceptable that a MSM organisation DEMAND the name and home addresses of jurors, if so the Judge would have said yes they would print this OR the thing would be leaked and onto Twitter and other Social Media and this potentially endangers the lives of the jurors from the Unhinged Far Leftist Antifa Fascists.
If a juror or jurors WANT to speak to the media, the onus should be on them to contact the media, rather than the press being given details on ALL of the jurors. Unbelievable.
Imagine what would happen if the OJ jurists had been revealed.

Despite their overall rarity in American history, “nameless juries have progressed from a judicial fluke to a well-established departure from ordinary procedure, and a measure which some authorities argue seriously should be ordinary procedure.”[5] Today, every federal judicial circuit, excluding the 10th Circuit, has approved of the use of anonymous juries.[6] This past summer, for instance, a federal judge in Brooklyn ordered the empanelment of an anonymous jury in the criminal trial of an al Qaeda terrorist who threatened to kill prosecutors and court staff.[7]More troubling is the practice of trial courts in Los Angeles County of withholding juror names in the majority of criminal cases.[8] Even in situations where courts decide to disclose the identities of jurors to the parties, they may refuse to disclose such information to members of the news media.[9]

Moreover, at least one federal statute would seemingly permit the use of anonymous juries. The Jury Selection and Service Act states that each district court shall put into operation a written plan for the random selection of jurors that fixes “the time when the names drawn from the qualified jury wheel shall be disclosed to parties and to the public.” [19] That Act also states, however, that judges may keep the names of jurors “confidential in any case where the interests of justice so require.”[20]

The right of access to juror names and addresses | Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press

Jury tampering is the crime of attempting to influence a jury through other means than the evidence presented in court, such as conversations about the case outside the court, offering bribes, making threats or asking acquaintances to interfere with a juror.

A person commits the crime of jury tampering if, with intent to influence a juror's vote, opinion, decision or other action in the case, he attempts directly or indirectly to communicate with a juror other than as part of the proceedings in the trial of the case. Jury tampering may be committed by conducting conversations about the case outside the court, offering bribes, making threats or asking acquaintances to communicate with a juror.

Jury Tampering Law and Legal Definition | USLegal, Inc.
The media would not do that. They just wanted to have a jump start and be ready to get in someone's driveway first. You know how they are.
I can't believe anyone would believe this horse hockey about the media actually planning to tamper with the jury. THAT is ridiculous. These people are professionals, and they may be blood suckers but they are not criminals.
Dear God. I really can’t believe you are so clueless about the media and their agenda, particularly since they don’t even go out of their way to conceal it.
Wow!
Just.
Wow!

Paul Manafort trial: judge won't release jurors' names over safety concerns

Ellis also revealed he had personally been threatened and was being protected by US marshals. Jury lists are usually made public unless a judge articulates a reason for keeping them secret.

“I’ve received criticism and threats,” Ellis said. “I imagine they would, too.”

His comments came hours after Donald Trump defended Manafort as “a good person” and declined to rule out a pardon as a jury spent Friday deliberating the fate of the former campaign chairman.

“I think the whole Manafort trial is very sad,” Trump told reporters on the South Lawn at the White House, before departing for a fundraiser on Long Island. “I think it’s a very sad day for our country. He happens to be a very good person, and I think it’s very sad what they’ve done to Paul Manafort.”

Manafort faces 18 counts of tax evasion and bank fraud. Asked if he would pardon him, Trump said: “I don’t talk about that now.”

Trumps remarks are not helpful when a trial is ongoing. Especially when they operate on the most brain deficient amongst his followers.

It looks like democracy is under threat in the USA.
I wonder if the Judiciary will join the press as enemies of the people ?

The jury will not be safe if they come back with not guilty. The left wing will go nuts. That is why the judge is keeping their names hidden. He is being threatened because he is keeping the trial as fair as it can be with politically motivated prosecutors....the left doesn't want a fair trial, they demand a conviction.
From where I sit it seems like it is just Trump trying to influence the course of the trial. He should shut up and let the court get on with it.

He can't. the jury can't look at any news while the trial is ongoing, and the trial is in an anti Trump area you doofus.... if anything, he would hurt Manafort with his tweets.
He is obviously stirring his base up with his idiocy. They are threatening the judge.
Prove who is threatening the judge.
Thanks.

CNN-Logo-Building.jpg

EXACTLY! I tend to be a rather private, antisocial sort of person, and I would be having kittens if I submitted myself for jury duty (about which I do not have a choice), and then had reporters on my phone or my doorstep because they thought my compulsory civic duty somehow constituted a an invitation to get all up in my face.

If I want to talk to you, I'll call you. Sit by the phone and frigging wait.

Despite their overall rarity in American history, “nameless juries have progressed from a judicial fluke to a well-established departure from ordinary procedure, and a measure which some authorities argue seriously should be ordinary procedure.”[5] Today, every federal judicial circuit, excluding the 10th Circuit, has approved of the use of anonymous juries.[6] This past summer, for instance, a federal judge in Brooklyn ordered the empanelment of an anonymous jury in the criminal trial of an al Qaeda terrorist who threatened to kill prosecutors and court staff.[7]More troubling is the practice of trial courts in Los Angeles County of withholding juror names in the majority of criminal cases.[8] Even in situations where courts decide to disclose the identities of jurors to the parties, they may refuse to disclose such information to members of the news media.[9]

Moreover, at least one federal statute would seemingly permit the use of anonymous juries. The Jury Selection and Service Act states that each district court shall put into operation a written plan for the random selection of jurors that fixes “the time when the names drawn from the qualified jury wheel shall be disclosed to parties and to the public.” [19] That Act also states, however, that judges may keep the names of jurors “confidential in any case where the interests of justice so require.”[20]

The right of access to juror names and addresses | Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press

Jury tampering is the crime of attempting to influence a jury through other means than the evidence presented in court, such as conversations about the case outside the court, offering bribes, making threats or asking acquaintances to interfere with a juror.

A person commits the crime of jury tampering if, with intent to influence a juror's vote, opinion, decision or other action in the case, he attempts directly or indirectly to communicate with a juror other than as part of the proceedings in the trial of the case. Jury tampering may be committed by conducting conversations about the case outside the court, offering bribes, making threats or asking acquaintances to communicate with a juror.

The media would not do that. They just wanted to have a jump start and be ready to get in someone's driveway first. You know how they are.
I can't believe anyone would believe this horse hockey about the media actually planning to tamper with the jury. THAT is ridiculous. These people are professionals, and they may be blood suckers but they are not criminals.
Dear God. I really can’t believe you are so clueless about the media and their agenda, particularly since they don’t even go out of their way to conceal it.
Wow!
Just.
Wow!

Why can't you believe that? If she ever had a clue, she left it in her other purse years ago.

The mainstream media is vested in bringing down Trump.
Nothing else matters to them.
Right now, I'm with them. He's gone too far.
Thanks for the admission that:

(1) the media do indeed have an anti trump agenda and
(2) that you support it.

Kind of makes a mockery of your insistence on another thread about the media that they are trustworthy and impartial etc etc etc.

Not that anyone thought that was in any way a proposition based in reality.

Last edited:

Oh bullshit. Tell us what Trump has actually done to justify removing him from office under our Constitution.
He's acting like a two bit tinpot dictator. It's only going to get worse. I have no idea if he's done anything that could get him out of office, but in spirit, I'm behind demolishing this bastard. I gave him the benefit of the doubt for long enough and tried to take a step back and be reasonable, not fall for the hair on fire shit I see here everyday. But Trump has gone too far with this security clearance thing. I'm done playing reasonable. Fuck him.
You have always exhibited signs of TDR and are now adding using idiot of the left to your resume.
Duhhhhh.

Oh bullshit. Tell us what Trump has actually done to justify removing him from office under our Constitution.
He's acting like a two bit tinpot dictator. It's only going to get worse. I have no idea if he's done anything that could get him out of office, but in spirit, I'm behind demolishing this bastard. I gave him the benefit of the doubt for long enough and tried to take a step back and be reasonable, not fall for the hair on fire shit I see here everyday. But Trump has gone too far with this security clearance thing. I'm done playing reasonable. Fuck him.

So, the final straw for you was the lawful revocation of a security clearance? Do you realize how insane that is?
Revoked from a commie voting spy and liar who demonstrates a strongly
politicised anti Trump position that he airs on CNN ad nauseum.

Funny that revoking such a person clearance could possibly be the last straw - or even a straw at all!

Just more evidence of TDR.

I’m surprised Trump allowed the ranting tool to keep his clearance for so long.

Then change the CIA/intelligence agency policies for ALL retired folks.

Dear God, I provided you with a link to Trumps full statement AND C&P’d the particular section whicd states he is indeed reviewing this.

Other people also provided the link to his entire statement.

Do you ever actually read the responses people take the time to post to your ‘assertions’???

Last edited:
If by dictator, Oldlady means president have amassed too much power, I'd agree. That was brought about by Congress abandoning their responsibilities. Any other use of dictator is simply using a word for effect. Much like Nazi or racist.
I am not using the word for effect. He is using his power to inflict punishment on those who speak badly of him. Period. That is dictator shit and the last I knew, we didn't take kindly to that in this country.
He revoked the clearance of a man who spied then lied and who is not exercising good judgement when he rants in public about the President etc.

Brennan is therefore untrustworthy in most sensible peoples estimations, but you don’t seem to care that he has demonstrated he’s a liar.
Your outrage is therefore a direct manifestation of severe TDR, IMO.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back