CNN Sues Manafort Trial Court For Names And Addresses Of Jury Members

CNN-Logo-Building.jpg

Oh-oh...... CNN is anticipating an acquittal.

CNN Sued The Government For Names, Addresses Of Manafort Jurors
The anti-Trump cable news network has a long history of doxxing threats and harassment.
August 17, 2018 By Bre Payton

In a motion filed in federal court on Thursday, CNN and several other media outlets requested that the court release the names and home addresses of all jurors in the Paul Manafort fraud case. Jurors haven not yet rendered a verdict on any of the 18 charges against Manafort, who briefly served as President Donald Trump’s campaign manager in 2016.

The motion — filed on behalf of CNN, Washington Post, BuzzFeed, POLITICO, New York Times, NBC Universal, and the Associated Press — asks the court to provide to the media organizations the full names and home addresses of the men and women who were summoned and selected by the federal government to serve as jurors in Manafort’s fraud case.

CNN wants to intimidate, perhaps assault the jury.

Such is the way of democrats.

CNN-Logo-Building.jpg

The anti-Trump cable news network has a long history of doxxing threats and harassment.

In a motion filed in federal court on Thursday, CNN and several other media outlets requested that the court release the names and home addresses of all jurors in the Paul Manafort fraud case. Jurors haven not yet rendered a verdict on any of the 18 charges against Manafort, who briefly served as President Donald Trump’s campaign manager in 2016.

The motion — filed on behalf of CNN, Washington Post, BuzzFeed, POLITICO, New York Times, NBC Universal, and the Associated Press — asks the court to provide to the media organizations the full names and home addresses of the men and women who were summoned and selected by the federal government to serve as jurors in Manafort’s fraud case.

Why would they do this now? It does seem a bit unsightly.

CNN?

They're Communist thugs. They want an implied threat against the families of the jurors to rig the verdict.

CNN-Logo-Building.jpg

Prior to the trial ending...??? Are they going to go Jury Tampering and threaten families if they don't convict?

Yes, that is exactly what they are trying to do.

Despite their overall rarity in American history, “nameless juries have progressed from a judicial fluke to a well-established departure from ordinary procedure, and a measure which some authorities argue seriously should be ordinary procedure.”[5] Today, every federal judicial circuit, excluding the 10th Circuit, has approved of the use of anonymous juries.[6] This past summer, for instance, a federal judge in Brooklyn ordered the empanelment of an anonymous jury in the criminal trial of an al Qaeda terrorist who threatened to kill prosecutors and court staff.[7]More troubling is the practice of trial courts in Los Angeles County of withholding juror names in the majority of criminal cases.[8] Even in situations where courts decide to disclose the identities of jurors to the parties, they may refuse to disclose such information to members of the news media.[9]

Moreover, at least one federal statute would seemingly permit the use of anonymous juries. The Jury Selection and Service Act states that each district court shall put into operation a written plan for the random selection of jurors that fixes “the time when the names drawn from the qualified jury wheel shall be disclosed to parties and to the public.” [19] That Act also states, however, that judges may keep the names of jurors “confidential in any case where the interests of justice so require.”[20]

The right of access to juror names and addresses | Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press

Jury tampering is the crime of attempting to influence a jury through other means than the evidence presented in court, such as conversations about the case outside the court, offering bribes, making threats or asking acquaintances to interfere with a juror.

A person commits the crime of jury tampering if, with intent to influence a juror's vote, opinion, decision or other action in the case, he attempts directly or indirectly to communicate with a juror other than as part of the proceedings in the trial of the case. Jury tampering may be committed by conducting conversations about the case outside the court, offering bribes, making threats or asking acquaintances to communicate with a juror.

Jury Tampering Law and Legal Definition | USLegal, Inc.
The media would not do that. They just wanted to have a jump start and be ready to get in someone's driveway first. You know how they are.
I can't believe anyone would believe this horse hockey about the media actually planning to tamper with the jury. THAT is ridiculous. These people are professionals, and they may be blood suckers but they are not criminals.
The mainstream media is vested in bringing down Trump.
Nothing else matters to them.
Right now, I'm with them. He's gone too far.

Really? How so?
Not that I expect an answer other than Trump is a poopy head.

Last edited:
Gawd I hate being proven right.....

You simply can not make this stuff up... Now outside left wing groups have gone looking for the jurors.....

Waiting for the arrests to begin... The effect on the jurors is going to fold this trial... I hope they publish the names of the those who attempt to intimidate the jurors.

"Eliis said during a hearing Friday afternoon he is concerned for the “peace and safety of the jurors.”

“I’ve received criticism and threats,” Ellis said. “I imagine they would, too.”

The judge said he is currently under the protection of U.S. marshals. He declined to delve into specifics, but said he’s been taken aback by the level of interest in the trial."

Manafort judge says he's received threats, won't name jurors - Breitbart

You simply can not make this stuff up... Now outside left wing groups have gone looking for the jurors.....

Waiting for the arrests to begin... The effect on the jurors is going to fold this trial... I hope they publish the names of the those who attempt to intimidate the jurors.

They're Communists, our laws don't apply to them. CNN is free to engage in jury tampering.

CNN-Logo-Building.jpg

Why would they do this now? It does seem a bit unsightly.

It would have been news. These are news outlets.

They can ask.

This is a big, fat nothing. Just another red herring from a Trump sympathizer.

They're Communists, our laws don't apply to them. CNN is free to engage in jury tampering.

I hope they link the left wing groups back to CNN and other left wing hacks like MSNBC... That is when things will get really dicey..

Despite their overall rarity in American history, “nameless juries have progressed from a judicial fluke to a well-established departure from ordinary procedure, and a measure which some authorities argue seriously should be ordinary procedure.”[5] Today, every federal judicial circuit, excluding the 10th Circuit, has approved of the use of anonymous juries.[6] This past summer, for instance, a federal judge in Brooklyn ordered the empanelment of an anonymous jury in the criminal trial of an al Qaeda terrorist who threatened to kill prosecutors and court staff.[7]More troubling is the practice of trial courts in Los Angeles County of withholding juror names in the majority of criminal cases.[8] Even in situations where courts decide to disclose the identities of jurors to the parties, they may refuse to disclose such information to members of the news media.[9]

Moreover, at least one federal statute would seemingly permit the use of anonymous juries. The Jury Selection and Service Act states that each district court shall put into operation a written plan for the random selection of jurors that fixes “the time when the names drawn from the qualified jury wheel shall be disclosed to parties and to the public.” [19] That Act also states, however, that judges may keep the names of jurors “confidential in any case where the interests of justice so require.”[20]

The right of access to juror names and addresses | Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press

Jury tampering is the crime of attempting to influence a jury through other means than the evidence presented in court, such as conversations about the case outside the court, offering bribes, making threats or asking acquaintances to interfere with a juror.

A person commits the crime of jury tampering if, with intent to influence a juror's vote, opinion, decision or other action in the case, he attempts directly or indirectly to communicate with a juror other than as part of the proceedings in the trial of the case. Jury tampering may be committed by conducting conversations about the case outside the court, offering bribes, making threats or asking acquaintances to communicate with a juror.

Jury Tampering Law and Legal Definition | USLegal, Inc.
The media would not do that. They just wanted to have a jump start and be ready to get in someone's driveway first. You know how they are.
I can't believe anyone would believe this horse hockey about the media actually planning to tamper with the jury. THAT is ridiculous. These people are professionals, and they may be blood suckers but they are not criminals.
The mainstream media is vested in bringing down Trump.
Nothing else matters to them.
Right now, I'm with them. He's gone too far.

Oh bullshit. Tell us what Trump has actually done to justify removing him from office under our Constitution.
He's acting like a two bit tinpot dictator. It's only going to get worse. I have no idea if he's done anything that could get him out of office, but in spirit, I'm behind demolishing this bastard. I gave him the benefit of the doubt for long enough and tried to take a step back and be reasonable, not fall for the hair on fire shit I see here everyday. But Trump has gone too far with this security clearance thing. I'm done playing reasonable. Fuck him.

So you support antifa?

This is what happens when a bunch of twenty somethings have known nothing but barry, liberal professors and the left wing media since they were in their early to late teens.
A bunch of bubble headed morons.

I can't believe anyone cares enough about this to be threatening anyone. I don't know why the judge is being threatened, except that he very characteristically gave loads of shit to the prosecution, which they say he's famous for.
Why does anyone care? If they find the guy guilty, he goes to jail. If they don't, he joins the millions of American rich guys who cheat on their taxes and get away with it because they have good accountants and good lawyers.
Wake me up if it gets interesting. Which it won't.

You think the judge is lying about getting threats? The only part of this that made it interesting was the political motivation behind it to begin with. That drama was courtesy of liberals.
No, of course I don't think the judge is lying. I'm just puzzled why he is being threatened. It is a straight tax evasion case, isn't it?

Not to the liberal chuckleheads.
They somehow think it's connected to Trump.....I wonder where they got that idea?

CNN-Logo-Building.jpg

Yeah but CNN is not an enemy. No way
They obviously wanted to intimidate the jury and their family members. I hope someone faces CNN's threats with bloody violence.

This is not acceptable that a MSM organisation DEMAND the name and home addresses of jurors, if so the Judge would have said yes they would print this OR the thing would be leaked and onto Twitter and other Social Media and this potentially endangers the lives of the jurors from the Unhinged Far Leftist Antifa Fascists.
Of course, WaPo, BuzzFeed, NYT, NBC and AP plus POLITICO asked for the information, not just CNN. It was so they could interview them (or try to) after the trial is over.
It is completely illegal to screw with a sitting juror.

If the kok-suckers just wanted to do that, they could stand outside the courthouse like everybody else the day proceedings end and ask to interview them as they come out. God, you are dumber than a box of shoes, or you think we are, which is why I suppose you are a leftist in the first place. I gotta stop giving you credit for a little brains that you don't deserve.

Forum List

Back