CNN Sues Manafort Trial Court For Names And Addresses Of Jury Members

CNN-Logo-Building.jpg

Oh-oh...... CNN is anticipating an acquittal.

CNN Sued The Government For Names, Addresses Of Manafort Jurors
The anti-Trump cable news network has a long history of doxxing threats and harassment.
August 17, 2018 By Bre Payton

In a motion filed in federal court on Thursday, CNN and several other media outlets requested that the court release the names and home addresses of all jurors in the Paul Manafort fraud case. Jurors haven not yet rendered a verdict on any of the 18 charges against Manafort, who briefly served as President Donald Trump’s campaign manager in 2016.

The motion — filed on behalf of CNN, Washington Post, BuzzFeed, POLITICO, New York Times, NBC Universal, and the Associated Press — asks the court to provide to the media organizations the full names and home addresses of the men and women who were summoned and selected by the federal government to serve as jurors in Manafort’s fraud case.

Why would they do this now? It does seem a bit unsightly.
Kind of makes you wonder if they are wanting to do criminal conduct and jury tamper...

They are the enemy of the people, Trump is right.

Despite their overall rarity in American history, “nameless juries have progressed from a judicial fluke to a well-established departure from ordinary procedure, and a measure which some authorities argue seriously should be ordinary procedure.”[5] Today, every federal judicial circuit, excluding the 10th Circuit, has approved of the use of anonymous juries.[6] This past summer, for instance, a federal judge in Brooklyn ordered the empanelment of an anonymous jury in the criminal trial of an al Qaeda terrorist who threatened to kill prosecutors and court staff.[7]More troubling is the practice of trial courts in Los Angeles County of withholding juror names in the majority of criminal cases.[8] Even in situations where courts decide to disclose the identities of jurors to the parties, they may refuse to disclose such information to members of the news media.[9]

Moreover, at least one federal statute would seemingly permit the use of anonymous juries. The Jury Selection and Service Act states that each district court shall put into operation a written plan for the random selection of jurors that fixes “the time when the names drawn from the qualified jury wheel shall be disclosed to parties and to the public.” [19] That Act also states, however, that judges may keep the names of jurors “confidential in any case where the interests of justice so require.”[20]

The right of access to juror names and addresses | Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press

Jury tampering is the crime of attempting to influence a jury through other means than the evidence presented in court, such as conversations about the case outside the court, offering bribes, making threats or asking acquaintances to interfere with a juror.

A person commits the crime of jury tampering if, with intent to influence a juror's vote, opinion, decision or other action in the case, he attempts directly or indirectly to communicate with a juror other than as part of the proceedings in the trial of the case. Jury tampering may be committed by conducting conversations about the case outside the court, offering bribes, making threats or asking acquaintances to communicate with a juror.

Jury Tampering Law and Legal Definition | USLegal, Inc.
The media would not do that. They just wanted to have a jump start and be ready to get in someone's driveway first. You know how they are.
I can't believe anyone would believe this horse hockey about the media actually planning to tamper with the jury. THAT is ridiculous. These people are professionals, and they may be blood suckers but they are not criminals.
The mainstream media is vested in bringing down Trump.
Nothing else matters to them.
Right now, I'm with them. He's gone too far.

Oh bullshit. Tell us what Trump has actually done to justify removing him from office under our Constitution.
He's acting like a two bit tinpot dictator. It's only going to get worse. I have no idea if he's done anything that could get him out of office, but in spirit, I'm behind demolishing this bastard. I gave him the benefit of the doubt for long enough and tried to take a step back and be reasonable, not fall for the hair on fire shit I see here everyday. But Trump has gone too far with this security clearance thing. I'm done playing reasonable. Fuck him.

"But Trump has gone too far with this security clearance thing."

There is no logical need for them to still have security clearance, they are retired they are not still working for the organisations, they are all now working in the MSM in one way or another.

CNN-Logo-Building.jpg

The anti-Trump cable news network has a long history of doxxing threats and harassment.

In a motion filed in federal court on Thursday, CNN and several other media outlets requested that the court release the names and home addresses of all jurors in the Paul Manafort fraud case. Jurors haven not yet rendered a verdict on any of the 18 charges against Manafort, who briefly served as President Donald Trump’s campaign manager in 2016.

The motion — filed on behalf of CNN, Washington Post, BuzzFeed, POLITICO, New York Times, NBC Universal, and the Associated Press — asks the court to provide to the media organizations the full names and home addresses of the men and women who were summoned and selected by the federal government to serve as jurors in Manafort’s fraud case.

This is not acceptable that a MSM organisation DEMAND the name and home addresses of jurors, if so the Judge would have said yes they would print this OR the thing would be leaked and onto Twitter and other Social Media and this potentially endangers the lives of the jurors from the Unhinged Far Leftist Antifa Fascists.
Of course, WaPo, BuzzFeed, NYT, NBC and AP plus POLITICO asked for the information, not just CNN. It was so they could interview them (or try to) after the trial is over.
It is completely illegal to screw with a sitting juror.

Laws never stop democrats or their media, ever.

The media would not do that. They just wanted to have a jump start and be ready to get in someone's driveway first. You know how they are.
I can't believe anyone would believe this horse hockey about the media actually planning to tamper with the jury. THAT is ridiculous. These people are professionals, and they may be blood suckers but they are not criminals.

Oh bullshit. Tell us what Trump has actually done to justify removing him from office under our Constitution.
He's acting like a two bit tinpot dictator. It's only going to get worse. I have no idea if he's done anything that could get him out of office, but in spirit, I'm behind demolishing this bastard. I gave him the benefit of the doubt for long enough and tried to take a step back and be reasonable, not fall for the hair on fire shit I see here everyday. But Trump has gone too far with this security clearance thing. I'm done playing reasonable. Fuck him.

So, the final straw for you was the lawful revocation of a security clearance? Do you realize how insane that is?

"Do you realize how insane that is?"

No they do not, how can they when they all have Extreme Trump Derangement Syndrome? To the non-afflicted this is all totally insane and demented, but to the Trump Derangement Syndrome Crowd it's totally normal and sane.

Arrest CNN and Obama for conspiring against America and witness tampering

Manafort will be acquitted by Monday morning -- Mueller will end his investigation in shame

Manafort will then be a very critical member of Trump's white house staff

Time to face it, Trump is just unstoppable

If by dictator, Oldlady means president have amassed too much power, I'd agree. That was brought about by Congress abandoning their responsibilities. Any other use of dictator is simply using a word for effect. Much like Nazi or racist.

The jury will be told, if they haven't already, that they do not need to speak to the media.

But CNN just informed them..........We will find you anyway. And we will make you a target.

The jury will be told, if they haven't already, that they do not need to speak to the media.

But CNN just informed them..........We will find you anyway. And we will make you a target.
MOB mentality... When the MOB rules people die unnecessarily. Democrats want MOB rule so they can herd the sheep to do their bidding..

Yes disgusting, the MSM are vermin.

Of course, WaPo, BuzzFeed, NYT, NBC and AP plus POLITICO asked for the information, not just CNN. It was so they could interview them (or try to) after the trial is over.
It is completely illegal to screw with a sitting juror.

So leave business cards with the judge for the jury. Those interested can contact them. No, this is out and out jury tampering.
Of course it isn't. Why did the judge encourage them to appeal if he says no?
I'm surprised. I would think the jurors should be protected from the press and everyone else until the verdict is in. I would think that is what the media is thinking, too. They will be ready to move in like carrion as soon as it is over. Especially if it is a hung jury, or he is found not guilty.

Media requests for jurors’ names and addresses is not uncommon in high-profile cases, and federal courts have ruled that the information can be made public except under certain circumstances. (RELATED: Trump Calls Case Against Manafort ‘Very Sad’)

“A thirsty press is essential to a free county,” Ellis said in court when addressing the media companies’ motion. He also urged the news outlets, which are being represented by the firm Ballard Spahr, to appeal his decision should he rule against publicizing the jury’s information.

CNN, NYT And Other News Outlets Ask Manafort Judge To Release Jurors’ Names, Addresses
The judge was going to hear the motion at 2 p.m. today. I haven't found where the judge made a decision yet, except Mud's comment that the judge told them to go pound sand.
You got a link, mudwhistle?
Yeah....in the OP.

Despite their overall rarity in American history, “nameless juries have progressed from a judicial fluke to a well-established departure from ordinary procedure, and a measure which some authorities argue seriously should be ordinary procedure.”[5] Today, every federal judicial circuit, excluding the 10th Circuit, has approved of the use of anonymous juries.[6] This past summer, for instance, a federal judge in Brooklyn ordered the empanelment of an anonymous jury in the criminal trial of an al Qaeda terrorist who threatened to kill prosecutors and court staff.[7]More troubling is the practice of trial courts in Los Angeles County of withholding juror names in the majority of criminal cases.[8] Even in situations where courts decide to disclose the identities of jurors to the parties, they may refuse to disclose such information to members of the news media.[9]

Moreover, at least one federal statute would seemingly permit the use of anonymous juries. The Jury Selection and Service Act states that each district court shall put into operation a written plan for the random selection of jurors that fixes “the time when the names drawn from the qualified jury wheel shall be disclosed to parties and to the public.” [19] That Act also states, however, that judges may keep the names of jurors “confidential in any case where the interests of justice so require.”[20]

The right of access to juror names and addresses | Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press

Jury tampering is the crime of attempting to influence a jury through other means than the evidence presented in court, such as conversations about the case outside the court, offering bribes, making threats or asking acquaintances to interfere with a juror.

A person commits the crime of jury tampering if, with intent to influence a juror's vote, opinion, decision or other action in the case, he attempts directly or indirectly to communicate with a juror other than as part of the proceedings in the trial of the case. Jury tampering may be committed by conducting conversations about the case outside the court, offering bribes, making threats or asking acquaintances to communicate with a juror.

Jury Tampering Law and Legal Definition | USLegal, Inc.
Then essentially you are part of the problem.
BTW, in what way has Trump gone too far???
Try repeating a particular crime Trump has committed off the top of your head.

If by dictator, Oldlady means president have amassed too much power, I'd agree. That was brought about by Congress abandoning their responsibilities. Any other use of dictator is simply using a word for effect. Much like Nazi or racist.
That's a real head scratcher.

People are ending up dead because they had the goods on Hillary and Obama.....yet Trump can't scratch his butt without every liberal in America finding fault in it.........AND DOING SO OPENLY.....WITHOUT FEAR!!!!

Dictator.....my hairy ballsack.

The stupidity and lack of logical thought involved in that is breathtaking.

Last edited:
CNN-Logo-Building.jpg

The Judge is being threatened and has armed guards, he's now protecting the jurors from the MSM, how can this not be declared a Mistrial under this situation.
I can't believe anyone cares enough about this to be threatening anyone. I don't know why the judge is being threatened, except that he very characteristically gave loads of shit to the prosecution, which they say he's famous for.
Why does anyone care? If they find the guy guilty, he goes to jail. If they don't, he joins the millions of American rich guys who cheat on their taxes and get away with it because they have good accountants and good lawyers.
Wake me up if it gets interesting. Which it won't.

I can't believe anyone cares enough about this to be threatening anyone. I don't know why the judge is being threatened, except that he very characteristically gave loads of shit to the prosecution, which they say he's famous for.
Why does anyone care? If they find the guy guilty, he goes to jail. If they don't, he joins the millions of American rich guys who cheat on their taxes and get away with it because they have good accountants and good lawyers.

You think the judge is lying about getting threats? The only part of this that made it interesting was the political motivation behind it to begin with. That drama was courtesy of liberals.

There is no logical need for them to still have security clearance, they are retired they are not still working for the organisations, they are all now working in the MSM in one way or another.
Then change the CIA/intelligence agency policies for ALL retired folks. There is actually a good reason to keep their years of experience on board for those who are currently working in sticky situations. Otherwise they would not have done it all these years.
This was targeted and for no valid reason. The CIA didn't even know about it. Trump just announced it, and announced that he plans to do it to more folks who have criticized him. None of them have done anything to violate the rules. They have simply spoken out against the President. You should see the problem with that, Lucy.

You think the judge is lying about getting threats? The only part of this that made it interesting was the political motivation behind it to begin with. That drama was courtesy of liberals.
No, of course I don't think the judge is lying. I'm just puzzled why he is being threatened. It is a straight tax evasion case, isn't it?

Then change the CIA/intelligence agency policies for ALL retired folks. There is actually a good reason to keep their years of experience on board for those who are currently working in sticky situations. Otherwise they would not have done it all these years.
This was targeted and for no valid reason. The CIA didn't even know about it. Trump just announced it, and announced that he plans to do it to more folks who have criticized him. None of them have done anything to violate the rules. They have simply spoken out against the President. You should see the problem with that, Lucy.

Most retired intelligence agents DO have their clearances revoked.

I am not using the word for effect. He is using his power to inflict punishment on those who speak badly of him. Period. That is dictator shit and the last I knew, we didn't take kindly to that in this country.

Having held a clearance myself....and having retired from the military...I would assume that calling the president a traitor on CNN would lead to some sort of punitive action. That's a given. Never mind the fact that he is a former CIA director. He knows things that are highly sensitive. He also is supposed to be non-political. He's not a politician. I think he's forgotten what his job was, and which country he owes his secrecy to.

Forum List

Back