CNN Sues Manafort Trial Court For Names And Addresses Of Jury Members

No, of course I don't think the judge is lying. I'm just puzzled why he is being threatened. It is a straight tax evasion case, isn't it?

Not really, it is based on evidence from someone who has outright admitted to stealing money from the defendant. Turning state's evidence to save his own skin. Top that with using Manafort to get Trump and you have a giant political circus.

Then change the CIA/intelligence agency policies for ALL retired folks. There is actually a good reason to keep their years of experience on board for those who are currently working in sticky situations. Otherwise they would not have done it all these years.
This was targeted and for no valid reason. The CIA didn't even know about it. Trump just announced it, and announced that he plans to do it to more folks who have criticized him. None of them have done anything to violate the rules. They have simply spoken out against the President. You should see the problem with that, Lucy.

Most retired intelligence agents DO have their clearances revoked.
There are plenty walking around with their security clearances. It doesn't matter how many or what the percentage is. If you have determined all of a sudden that no one should keep it, do it across the board, fairly. This has not been done fairly.

I am not using the word for effect. He is using his power to inflict punishment on those who speak badly of him. Period. That is dictator shit and the last I knew, we didn't take kindly to that in this country.

You mean like using the IRS to stop non profit status to conservative groups? That happened under Obama. There are many other examples.

There are plenty walking around with their security clearances. It doesn't matter how many or what the percentage is. If you have determined all of a sudden that no one should keep it, do it across the board, fairly. This has not been done fairly.

I have no problem with that personally. I'd say you make exceptions for those actively working as contracted employees after retirement.

No, of course I don't think the judge is lying. I'm just puzzled why he is being threatened. It is a straight tax evasion case, isn't it?

Not really, it is based on evidence from someone who has outright admitted to stealing money from the defendant. Turning state's evidence to save his own skin. Top that with using Manafort to get Trump and you have a giant political circus.
Manafort is not "getting Trump;" he is apparently in hot water for cheating on his taxes. I don't understand how this affects Trump or the Mueller investigation or anything else except Manafort and I think everyone who has taken sides has let politics take over their brains.

I am not using the word for effect. He is using his power to inflict punishment on those who speak badly of him. Period. That is dictator shit and the last I knew, we didn't take kindly to that in this country.

You mean like using the IRS to stop non profit status to conservative groups? That happened under Obama. There are many other examples.
That sucked, too. The IRS didn't get away with it, though (thanks to the media, btw). Trump is totally up front about it; there is no question what he's up to. Went and did an interview and fucking admitted it. So I ask you, if you didn't like all these things you accuse Obama of, why would you be supporting Trump for doing it.

That sucked, too. The IRS didn't get away with it, though (thanks to the media, btw). Trump is totally up front about it; there is no question what he's up to. Went and did an interview and fucking admitted it. So I ask you, if you didn't like all these things you accuse Obama of, why would you be supporting Trump for doing it.

Its legal to revoke security clearances, not using the IRS to hurt organizations. You don't even have to give a reason publicly to revoke it.

I am just glad this judge is not one of those activist judges who always try to find ways to thrust themselves into the spotlight

Right now, I'm with them. He's gone too far.

Oh bullshit. Tell us what Trump has actually done to justify removing him from office under our Constitution.
He's acting like a two bit tinpot dictator. It's only going to get worse. I have no idea if he's done anything that could get him out of office, but in spirit, I'm behind demolishing this bastard. I gave him the benefit of the doubt for long enough and tried to take a step back and be reasonable, not fall for the hair on fire shit I see here everyday. But Trump has gone too far with this security clearance thing. I'm done playing reasonable. Fuck him.

"But Trump has gone too far with this security clearance thing."

There is no logical need for them to still have security clearance, they are retired they are not still working for the organisations, they are all now working in the MSM in one way or another.
Then change the CIA/intelligence agency policies for ALL retired folks. There is actually a good reason to keep their years of experience on board for those who are currently working in sticky situations. Otherwise they would not have done it all these years.
This was targeted and for no valid reason. The CIA didn't even know about it. Trump just announced it, and announced that he plans to do it to more folks who have criticized him. None of them have done anything to violate the rules. They have simply spoken out against the President. You should see the problem with that, Lucy.
Having held a clearance myself....and having retired from the military...I would assume that calling the president a traitor on CNN would lead to some sort of punitive action. That's a given. Never mind the fact that he is a former CIA director. He knows things that are highly sensitive. He also is supposed to be non-political. He's not a politician. I think he's forgotten what his job was, and which country he owes his secrecy to.
Brennan knows many things you and I don't know. And he has never spoken of them on NBC or anywhere else.
I disagree that you would expect punitive action for speaking his mind on CNN. I disagree that he is expected to be non-political, either. You are just making up rules to fit your scenario.

I am just glad this judge is not one of those activist judges who always try to find ways to thrust themselves into the spotlight
I'm sure he didn't ask for this case, but it is said he is quite a character and frequently gives the prosecution a hard time.

Its legal to revoke security clearances, not using the IRS to hurt organizations. You don't even have to give a reason publicly to revoke it.
Yes, he has the power. But does it make it right? No President has ever done this before, and I think it is because we have never ever elected such a piece of shit President. Sorry, Save, but he's asked for it this time. I'm done giving this guy the benefit of the doubt.

I'm sure he didn't ask for this case, but it is said he is quite a character and frequently gives the prosecution a hard time.

I'd give the prosecution a hard time too, when they bring a politically charged case based on testimony of a confessed thief.

Admitted to what??
If you worked for the government..... leave service and start cussing out the government.....expect the government to respond!!!
There is no law against punishing a former government employee who's fomenting sedition.

Admitted to what??
If you worked for the government..... leave service and start cussing out the government.....expect the government to respond!!!
What if you leave service, only to have an armed standoff with government, is that different or nah?

1397532347000-nevada-grazing.jpg

The utter sheer lack of self awareness by the cognitive dissonant trump supporter is astonishing...

Yes, he has the power. But does it make it right? No President has ever done this before, and I think it is because we have never ever elected such a piece of shit President. Sorry, Save, but he's asked for it this time. I'm done giving this guy the benefit of the doubt.

There is a lot of confusion about security clearances. It is actually attached to job descriptions and not the people themselves. The person has to qualify once in the job. Being job based it makes a lot of sense to remove it when they no longer have the job. No president has been attacked in this fashion repeatedly by ex officials OldLady. Which came first?

I'd give the prosecution a hard time too, when they bring a politically charged case based on testimony of a confessed thief.
There's nothing political about cheating on your taxes. Everyone seems to be conveniently forgetting that RUSSIA HACKED US and interfered with our election and that the Russians were so thick in the Trump campaign that you couldn't swing a cat without running into one. So yeah, the investigation into RUSSIAN interference in the 2016 election included whether any Americans were involved in that.
ANY Americans. Enter Don Jr. and June 2016, emails and all.
Everyone is forgetting the real reason for this investigation to begin with. I would say the average Trump supporter actually HAS forgotten and could care less that a hostile foreign government tried to influence our vote for the President of the United States.
Well, a few of us haven't forgotten and we still care and what Trump has done to poison the well of this investigation is sickening. Sickening.

CNN-Logo-Building.jpg

Oh-oh...... CNN is anticipating an acquittal.

CNN Sued The Government For Names, Addresses Of Manafort Jurors
The anti-Trump cable news network has a long history of doxxing threats and harassment.
August 17, 2018 By Bre Payton

In a motion filed in federal court on Thursday, CNN and several other media outlets requested that the court release the names and home addresses of all jurors in the Paul Manafort fraud case. Jurors haven not yet rendered a verdict on any of the 18 charges against Manafort, who briefly served as President Donald Trump’s campaign manager in 2016.

The motion — filed on behalf of CNN, Washington Post, BuzzFeed, POLITICO, New York Times, NBC Universal, and the Associated Press — asks the court to provide to the media organizations the full names and home addresses of the men and women who were summoned and selected by the federal government to serve as jurors in Manafort’s fraud case.

This is not acceptable that a MSM organisation DEMAND the name and home addresses of jurors, if so the Judge would have said yes they would print this OR the thing would be leaked and onto Twitter and other Social Media and this potentially endangers the lives of the jurors from the Unhinged Far Leftist Antifa Fascists.
Of course, WaPo, BuzzFeed, NYT, NBC and AP plus POLITICO asked for the information, not just CNN. It was so they could interview them (or try to) after the trial is over.
It is completely illegal to screw with a sitting juror.

They can bloody damned ask after the trial is over, then.

And it's STILL none of their frigging business.

Of course, WaPo, BuzzFeed, NYT, NBC and AP plus POLITICO asked for the information, not just CNN. It was so they could interview them (or try to) after the trial is over.
It is completely illegal to screw with a sitting juror.

So leave business cards with the judge for the jury. Those interested can contact them. No, this is out and out jury tampering.

At the very least, I would be creeped out if I was on that jury and hearing that CNN is suing to demand my name and address.

There's nothing political about cheating on your taxes. Everyone seems to be conveniently forgetting that RUSSIA HACKED US and interfered with our election and that the Russians were so thick in the Trump campaign that you couldn't swing a cat without running into one. So yeah, the investigation into RUSSIAN interference in the 2016 election included whether any Americans were involved in that.
ANY Americans. Enter Don Jr. and June 2016, emails and all.
Everyone is forgetting the real reason for this investigation to begin with. I would say the average Trump supporter actually HAS forgotten and could care less that a hostile foreign government tried to influence our vote for the President of the United States.
Well, a few of us haven't forgotten and we still care and what Trump has done to poison the well of this investigation is sickening. Sickening.

You are switching subjects there OldLady. Taxes to Russians? Weird how Mueller hasn't got one conviction on what you suggest, so he tries someone on taxes instead. Does that sound within the scope of what his investigation was suppose to do?

Forum List

Back