CNN reports on Isaac

God, some people want to politicize everything!! Absolutely disgusting. :mad:

People are in trouble, they were told a Cat 1 was not big deal. There were no mandatory evacuations, people chose to stay because they didn't think it would be anything like Katrina. I wish they hadn't but what's done is done, now let's see how we might be able to help them.

Sending prayers to everyone there and those that have family there.

Several hundred years produces quite the amalgam of French, Spanish, Native American and English.

Last edited:
Is reporting that a levee has been overtopped and some homes flooded in Plaqqeman Parrish. How said.

That would be Plaquemines Willow... but hey, you should hear how my GPS pronounces Tchoupitoulas!

:lol:

Hey did you evacuate? Just wondering because looks like you've still got power.

Nope. I live in a well protected area... 20 ft levees and all. Still have power, cable & Internet (obviously). Power surge last night apparently fried my A/C however. That sucks. good news is that with all the bad weather, it is in the 70's.

That would be Plaquemines Willow... but hey, you should hear how my GPS pronounces Tchoupitoulas!

:lol:

Nope. I live in a well protected area... 20 ft levees and all. Still have power, cable & Internet (obviously). Power surge last night apparently fried my A/C however. That sucks. good news is that with all the bad weather, it is in the 70's.

We live on Metairie ridge in mid-city - would have stayed if we didn't have the 2 month old. Grandpa's got a big generator so we came up to BR.

I hope you can get your AC fixed soon, as soon as the hurricane passes its going to boil.

Good luck with the rest of the storm, looks like its going to take a while to pass.

We live on Metairie ridge in mid-city - would have stayed if we didn't have the 2 month old. Grandpa's got a big generator so we came up to BR.

I hope you can get your AC fixed soon, as soon as the hurricane passes its going to boil.

Good luck with the rest of the storm, looks like its going to take a while to pass.

Wise move, gotta watch out for the baby...

Good luck and stay safe.

Several hundred years produces quite the amalgam of French, Spanish, Native American and English.

I once lived in Baton Rouge and in Gonzales. The people of Louisiana are wonderful. So is the sausage and the coffee.

and their parties...I lived in Alexandria for two years...other than the ungodly heat and humidity, Louisiana is a pretty cool state. I refer to their climate as "the armpit of the US".

I once lived in Baton Rouge and in Gonzales. The people of Louisiana are wonderful. So is the sausage and the coffee.

and their parties...I lived in Alexandria for two years...other than the ungodly heat and humidity, Louisiana is a pretty cool state. I refer to their climate as "the armpit of the US".

oh yes,, the parties, every weekend, kegs of beer, boiled crayfish and peanuts a pot of stew and fresh baked french bread. It rained every single day in Baton Rouge.

oh yes,, the parties, every weekend, kegs of beer, boiled crayfish and peanuts a pot of stew and fresh baked french bread. It rained every single day in Baton Rouge.

wow...it's kind of nice having a conversation with you without us calling each other names. thanks....

Forum List

Back