CNN reports on Isaac

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Is reporting that a levee has been overtopped and some homes flooded in Plaqqeman Parrish. How said.

Plaquemine Parrish.

Last edited:
I hope everyone is okay too. Many people did leave. The problem with this storm is it is moving so slowiy and dumping large amounts of rain.

Yeah, they are saying it will linger in the south until Thursday.
The only bright side, is the drought ridden mid west should get much needed rain. Wish it was through different circumstances.

seems as though this issue with this storm is not it's strength, but it's overall size and how slow it's moving....my prayers go out to them.

CNN is reporting about people who got stuck by flood waters in that Parrish. One man called in and he is stuck in his attic.

Is reporting that a levee has been overtopped and some homes flooded in Plaqqeman Parrish. How said.

I know ... My brother lives very close to this area . He stayed. I am worried about him. No one can get in touch with him..

Keep us updated. I bet cell phone service has been disrupted.

Just talked to my mom. She talked to him. He is fine. No power since 1145 pm but they have a generator.. So far so good. But their friends had to be rescued. They have 9 feet of water in their house...

I know ... My brother lives very close to this area . He stayed. I am worried about him. No one can get in touch with him..

Is he within a levee protected area?

I wouldn't worry too much. Communication blackout is very common in hurricanes.

Forum List

Back