CNN reports on Isaac

The problem with only thinking one number for hurricanes is that you have more than one factor affecting an area like Louisiana. 10 hours of a Cat 1 storm will do more damage than 4 hours of a Cat 2. The amount of rain the storm carries is a significant factor in the amount of damage that it will do. And then there is the storm surge, and whether it comes in on a low or high tide. Any storm covering an area as big as Isaac should be taken seriously.

Having said all of that, I certainly hope for the safety of all the people in that area, and have the greatest of sympathy for their losses.

Just heard my relatives are undergoing a "mandatory emergency evacuation" but not sure what that means??? Sounds like they are evacuating most of the parish. And St. Bernard's as well.

I hope everyone is okay too. Many people did leave. The problem with this storm is it is moving so slowiy and dumping large amounts of rain.

All reports indicated that rainfall would be the big problem as they were predicting up to 24 inches. That's a lot of water and it has no place to go. Lower lying areas could easily see four to six feet of water.

Is reporting that a levee has been overtopped and some homes flooded in Plaqqeman Parrish. How said.

Plaquemine Parrish.

Ole CNN & GE/NBC were desperately hoping for the worst. They were wetting their panties with excitement anticipating blaming dat mean ole BOOOOOSH and Romney. Looks like they won't get their wish though. It was handled well. So Boo Hoo for them. :(

Is reporting that a levee has been overtopped and some homes flooded in Plaqqeman Parrish. How said.

Plaquemine Parrish.

Ole CNN & GE/NBC were desperately hoping for the worst. They were wetting their panties with excitement anticipating blaming dat mean ole BOOOOOSH and Romney. Looks like they won't get their wish though. It was handled well. So Boo Hoo for them. :(

Republican Govenor of Indian disent. Very Brown. :D

Here's a picture from the area.

A1eh3F0CUAE-_i0.jpg

A1eh3F0CUAE-_i0.jpg

Settle down there Ravi the Raving Lunatic. It's being handled. So control your glee. No blaming dat mean ole BOOOOSH and Romney on this one. Better luck next time. ;)

A1eh3F0CUAE-_i0.jpg

Settle down there Ravi the Raving Lunatic. It's being handled. So control your glee. No blaming dat mean ole BOOOOSH and Romney on this one. Better luck next time. ;)
Luckily, neither of them are in charge of anything.

Aw, po wittle Wingnut. Don't cry, they'll be plenty more natural disasters for you to blame dat BOOOOSH meanie and Romney for. Keep your fingers crossed.

Fuck off asshole, she's worried about her family...

He's just a classless asshole, no biggie.

Say Whaaa? This coming from the nutter who wished for Herman Cain and his family to be murdered? Please, spare me the righteous indignation. You're a despicable deranged douchebag, of the highest order.

Plaquemine Parrish.

Republican Govenor of Indian disent. Very Brown. :D

Yeah, kind of throws a wrench into Ravi the Raving Lunatic's much desired 'He's a Racist!!" rant. :)

I know, that's why I negged him. :D

Have you ever actually read her posts? You really should pick your friends more wisely.

Gave you some back, on principle only.....

Hey thanks Auto. Yeah, she's just pissy because she won't get to blame her mean ole BOOOOOSH Boogeyman this time. But like i said, they'll be many other natural disasters for her to blame on dat BOOOOOSH. And then there's Mitt Romney. She'll be able to throw a few "He's a Racist!!" rants his way in the future as well. So she's all set. Thanks again.

Forum List

Back