CNN Exclusive: A 13-year-old witness to ISIS' beheadings, crucifixion in Syria

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
These young children should be home and not witnessing such things.

CNN Exclusive: A 13-year-old witness to ISIS' beheadings, crucifixion in Syria
By Raja Razek, Nick Paton Walsh, and Nick Thompson, CNN
August 29, 2014 -- Updated 0823 GMT (1623 HKT)
Source: CNN
STORY HIGHLIGHTS
  • CNN interviews 13-year-old boy who went to ISIS camp for children in northern Syria
  • The children at the camp witnessed lashings, stonings and crufixion, the boy says
  • The boy's father was told he would be beheaded if he didn't allow his son to attend the camp`

(CNN) -- The little boy looks barely old enough to walk, let alone understand the dark world he's now inhabiting.

He should be toddling around a playground with his friends. But instead, he wears a black balaclava, crouched down in a desolate street with his tiny hands clenched around an AK-47

Read more at:

CNN Exclusive A 13-year-old witness to ISIS atrocities in Syria - CNN.com

I saw some of the crucifixion picture.

I grew numb from death during the war. After a time the smell and sights become like TV images outside by own shell.

I grew numb from death during the war. After a time the smell and sights become like TV images outside by own shell.

Thankfully, Aris, we all are lucky to not have been through what you went through in Lebanon. I would imagine that only the posters and viewers here who were actually in combat and saw dead bodies lying around feel as you do.

Thankfully, Aris, we all are lucky to not have been through what you went through in Lebanon. I would imagine that only the posters and viewers here who were actually in combat and saw dead bodies lying around feel as you do.

I feel great empathy, but the visuals we see in the media and online to not phase me as much as it does other posters. It has become too common place. I get angry or sad but not the revulsion that I might have as a young adult. Too many years of living through the war, trying to forget, getting involved online as an activist to now. I just am not that "shocked" by the blood and gore, but I won't watch horror or scary movies, I also won't go to fireworks shows.

Forum List

Back