CNN: Biased or incompetent?

M14 Shooter

The Light of Truth
Sep 26, 2007
Bridge, USS Enterprise
You decide:

The retired general who asked about gays and lesbians serving in the military at the CNN/YouTube Republican debate on Wednesday is a co-chairman of Hillary Rodham Clinton's National Military Veterans group.

Retired Brig. Gen. Keith H. Kerr was named a co-chairman of the group this month, according to a campaign press release.

He was also active in John F. Kerry's 2004 campaign for president.

CNN anchor Anderson Cooper, who moderated the debate and the panel, said that if that was the case, CNN should have identified Kerr as such.

David Bohrman, a CNN senior vice president and executive producer of the debate, later said: "We regret this and apologize to the Republican candidates. We never would have used the general's question had we known that he was connected to any presidential candidate."
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1107/7085.html

Perhaps the organizers of the next Dem debate will allow Limbaugh to ask questions...?

I wont hold my breath...

You decide:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1107/7085.html

Perhaps the organizers of the next Dem debate will allow Limbaugh to ask questions...?

I wont hold my breath...

Oh no! The sky is falling! LOL. What a nickel-and-dime game. Look. CNN made a mistake and apologized. The guy in question was one of several. It was not a debate for the general election. The debaters were all Republicans. I watched parts of the debate and reviewed the “incident” on youtube. It actually took the general less than 3 minutes to make his comments and pose his questions. It is hardly the big deal that you are making it out to be. So what if he is in league with the opposition? Didn’t you or some people on the right rant and rave when Democrats supposedly chickened out of having a debate hosted by FOX? It sounds like a double standard to me. You don’t want tough questions asked by an opinionated viewer but you don’t mind holding Democrats to the fire.

I happened to see the question about having written exams for gun ownership.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvBeJHBL8DY&eurl=http://www.youtube.com/republicandebate

I thought that it was rude and uncalled for when audience members booed Rudi for daring to suggest that exams might be a good idea for gun ownership. I thought that conservatives were to show class and civility. By the way, check out Rudi’s record in New York:

http://soconsforrudy.wordpress.com/2007/06/10/rudy-and-guns-the-case-for-federalism/

So, if in the next Dem debate, Glen Beck suddenly appeared and asked questions, your response would be a similar 'who cares'?

How many members of the opposition asked questions? How long did it take for the members of the opposition to ask questions? I saw bits and pieces of the Republican debate. If you were to replace the Republican presidential candidates with Democrat presidential candidates and replace the general with Glenn Beck, I would have no objection. Basically, if a similar format was done for a Democrat debate and someone with Beck’s ideology slipped in for just a couple of minutes, I would not mind.

Luckily for you, there's almost no chance your response will be put to the test.

I don’t consider myself to be lucky or unlucky in that respect. I’m an independent. I don’t think I want Hillary for president. I will probably vote for Rudi (a Republican).

Biased and Incompetent. And the Hillary campaign worker isn't even the reason! If you watched the youtube questions, you could see how the timer below the video ran incorrectly. As in, at least once the video continued after the timer hit zero. This tells me that the videos were not presented through youtube, which leads to the questioning of if the videos were actually created by youtube or by CNN and with the use of actors. This is a scary thing to consider, since it would expose major bias in CNN.

Both. And what the hell relevance does a question about the rebel flag have ANYTHING to do with the major issues that face us. Keep the soothing feel good questions in the dem camp. They're very good at stuttering and hedging answers.

I have an idea. Make a rule that each questioner is subject to being fined if he misrepresents himself. Then have each person who wants to ask questions to take a lie detector test and swear that he has never campaigned for a member of the other party. Make him swear that he is not campaigning for a member of another party. Have him swear that he is truly undecided. Get his name, address, and phone number, and social security number so that if it is later discovered that he lied, he can be fined. Confirm his ID and then allow him to ask his question.

Perhaps this would satisfy those on the right who seem so offended that someone from the opposing party would make a comment and ask a challenging question. :rolleyes:

It wasn't a trick question, so what was the answer? This has become the world of politics today, lost in the minutiae with no real world in site. It is the answers that matter.

How could charge bias?

CNN (Wolf Blitzer) set up the Democrate debate with Democratic Activists acting as "regular folks"

CNN(Anderson Cooper) set up the Republican debate with Democratic Activists acting as "regular folks"

:rofl:

Seems CNN thinks whats good for one is good for the other.......

I have an idea. Make a rule that each questioner is subject to being fined if he misrepresents himself. Then have each person who wants to ask questions to take a lie detector test and swear that he has never campaigned for a member of the other party. Make him swear that he is not campaigning for a member of another party. Have him swear that he is truly undecided. Get his name, address, and phone number, and social security number so that if it is later discovered that he lied, he can be fined. Confirm his ID and then allow him to ask his question.

Perhaps this would satisfy those on the right who seem so offended that someone from the opposing party would make a comment and ask a challenging question. :rolleyes:

Thanks for shedding that light on this situation, matt. When you put it that way, I guess it really doesn't matter who asks the questions, b/c they were all (except the last one to rudy about the redsox) relevant and deserved an answer. Even the rebel flag question served to show if any candidate would put morality below the support of the deep south redneck vote.

Forum List

Back