CNBC: Trump says he's going to sign a measure to keep migrant families together

Source: CNBC.COM
Trump says he's going to sign a measure to keep migrant families together

"President Donald Trump said Wednesday he plans to sign an executive order designed to keep families together during detention on the U.S.-Mexico border.

"I'll be signing something in a little while that's going to do that," he told reporters during a White House event after saying he wanted families to be kept together. "I'll be doing something that's somewhat pre-emptive and ultimately will be matched by legislation I'm sure."

Trump added: "We're keeping families together, but we have to keep our borders strong. We will be overrun with crime and with people that should not be in our country."

In other words : Trump Caves

He'll sign the measure as soon as he gets done putting in a new MaxiPad and finding a pen in his purse. :D

How funny. People demand a change, Trump accommodates them and then it ridiculed for doing so. No upside for compromising with the Hillary crowd.

LOL, he didn't compromise with the "Hillary Crowd" he flat out surrendered to them on this issue.

LMAO! Even worse for the anti-Trump folks.

Perhaps... given that if he signs an EO , the Dingbats-D loose their Mid-Term "Poor Lil' Mexican Chilluns" campaign props.

he caved because hes trying to avoid the backlash and save the mid term republicans that have been kissing his butt over the kids.

too late ..

Those ads with the crying kids will be flooding the airwaves in the months before the midterms........Love the karma.

"President Donald Trump said Wednesday he plans to sign an executive order designed to keep families together during detention on the U.S.-Mexico border.

"I'll be signing something in a little while that's going to do that," he told reporters during a White House event after saying he wanted families to be kept together. "I'll be doing something that's somewhat pre-emptive and ultimately will be matched by legislation I'm sure."

Trump added: "We're keeping families together, but we have to keep our borders strong. We will be overrun with crime and with people that should not be in our country."

He'll sign the measure as soon as he gets done putting in a new MaxiPad and finding a pen in his purse. :D

How funny. People demand a change, Trump accommodates them and then it ridiculed for doing so. No upside for compromising with the Hillary crowd.
Why are you pretending that you wanted a compromise in the first place? You are just praising whatever Trump does.

You need to look back. I didn't support the idea of separating kids. I merely pointed out that it was the LAW that children not be jailed in adult jails. I support enforcing the law and love the Lincoln quote that the fastest way to get rid of a bad law is to enforce it.

BTW, I'm not a Trump supporter. Didn't vote for him and don't plan to vote for him in the future.

Why are you pretending that you wanted a compromise in the first place? You are just praising whatever Trump does.

You need to look back. I didn't support the idea of separating kids. I merely pointed out that it was the LAW that children not be jailed in adult jails. I support enforcing the law and love the Lincoln quote that the fastest way to get rid of a bad law is to enforce it.

BTW, I'm not a Trump supporter. Didn't vote for him and don't plan to vote for him in the future.

Now they'll whine about families being locked up together. Doesn't matter what Trump does, he could cure every known form of cancer and they'd complain he didn't sight the blind.

Trump needs to address the nation like Reagan did.....show the pics from when Obama was in office too

Liar.

Trump simply gave the leftist retards what they asked for.

Sorry if what they have been asking for ends up causing another problem these short-sighted assholes didn't think about.

Trump tells his drones he is a celebrity, pulls their drawers down around their ankles then grabs them by the pussy.

works every time.

SUCKERS.

Great,does this mean they will get deported together with their "parents"?

It’s going to be awkward seeing all the conservatives in this board who supported the separation, praising Trump for ending the separation that he started and they loved.

That Obama started you mean, try to be truthful in fact here you earned these :eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar:
Stop lying. Obama separated zero children.
Repeating stuff in a message board doesn’t make it true.
the distinction was that Obama didn't institute a policy of indefinite detention until a court hearing, with the children being separated and held in cages indefinelty unless a foster parent/relative was available. Obama initially built facilities to hold entire families, but it turned out this was illegal, because the Reyes consent decree provided all children had to be released in short order (something like 14 21 days). Not just unaccompanied children, but all children.

In response, Obama's policy was to either send back within 14 days of arrest the parents and children caught within 100 miles of the border. Obama's second tier target was illegal aliens with criminal ties. The third were parents of kids. Those parents were the catch and release people. We gave them a court date and said "please show up." A minority of those were electronically monitored, but most were just released and we hoped they'd show up for their hearings. That practice of catch and release was Session's major source on anal pain during the Obama years. Additionally, the Obama policy was just to let alone families that had been here a long time. Sessions really didn't like the fact that if a family got to Illinois or someplace and wasn't caught for awhile, they got a pass. (Sessions' forefathers were mightly offended by fugitive slaves who made it north, and that might have influenced his choice of scripture that was commonly used to justify slavery in the 19th century.)

Trump also went orange. Despite the fact that overall border crossings are down, they trended up during the spring. And Trump actually yelled at Neilson. As if she could control it. But bound and determined to end catch and release, so he came up with the notion of locking children in cages to deter their parents from coming here. It did not play well with even the evangelicals, to say nothing of progressives and moderates

So now the kids stay with their parents. Meaning what? The kids can now be held over 20 days? Or if the parent can’t get asylum within 20 days they are deported together?

Either way may actually be an improvement.

Trumpov is such a LIAR.
For a week he's been saying his hands are tied, While holding these children HOSTAGE to a bill that incuded his 'wall.'.
It was "The Democrats Fault".
Another Third Reich "Big Lie."

Meanwhile, it was his policy/Sessions order that upgraded the crossing offense that Created this issue.
and could have Reversed that policy

And could always have signed an Executive Order.
Which he has now done as a Grandstanding play of "Mercy."
Because everyone was Bashing his Crooked Fat ass about the issue.

Last edited:
Even if he does, the Communists/Democrats will just manufacture another Immigration 'Crisis' down the road. It's all about their Open Borders Agenda. They're not gonna stop pushing it. This EO will likely just make things worse on our Border. It's an encouragement for more Illegal Immigration.
"Manufacture another Immigration Crisis"....yeah, like the Democrats made this stuff of kids in cages all up out of whole cloth....:71:

You drooling trumpanzees crack me up!

Yeah sure, you really care about kids. It's only about attacking Trump. As usual, y'all Democrats are just using children to advance an Agenda. Another faux outrage scam. And i'm sure there will be many more.

Forum List

Back