Clinton had no problem deporting 12.3 million illegal aliens...so why would Trump have a problem?

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Could Trump Actually Deport 11 Million People?
I read the above thread title and wondered if people knew that Bill Clinton, with much fewer assets in the field, deported 12.3 million immigrants during his presidency, almost four times the number of the Obama Administration. - See more at: Clinton Deported 4 Times as Many Illegal Aliens As Obama

Screen Shot 2016-05-23 at 6.28.47 AM.png

I read the above thread title and wondered if people knew that Bill Clinton, with much fewer assets in the field, deported 12.3 million immigrants during his presidency, almost four times the number of the Obama Administration. - See more at: Clinton Deported 4 Times as Many Illegal Aliens As Obama

View attachment 75696
Your subject line, "Clinton had no problem deporting 12.3 million illegal aliens..." is a lie, but your chart is accurate.

Evidently, you just aren't able to understand it.

Ted Cruz gets it very wrong on recent presidents’ deportation numbers
What Cruz did, it seems, is use the number of returns for Bill Clinton and George W. Bush instead of the number of removals. Under Clinton, there were only about 870,000 removals/deportations, but 11.4 million returns. Under Bush, the numbers were about 2 million deportations and 8.3 million returns.

NOW the wankers want to count "returned" as "deported", which is not the same thing as finding the illegals HERE, seizing them, and deporting them.

View attachment 75696
Your subject line, "Clinton had no problem deporting 12.3 million illegal aliens..." is a lie, but your chart is accurate.

Evidently, you just aren't able to understand it.

Ted Cruz gets it very wrong on recent presidents’ deportation numbers
What Cruz did, it seems, is use the number of returns for Bill Clinton and George W. Bush instead of the number of removals. Under Clinton, there were only about 870,000 removals/deportations, but 11.4 million returns. Under Bush, the numbers were about 2 million deportations and 8.3 million returns.

I was mimicking a prior Thread title: "Could Trump Actually Deport 11 million people" which you obviously didn't understand the premise, i.e. if Clinton
could "deport" then why would it be impossible for Trump?

One problem is the continued use of “deportation” in virtually all media reporting. In actuality, that category has been obsolete in immigration law since 1996. Prior to 1996, immigration law distinguished between immigrants who were “excluded,” or stopped and prevented from entering U.S. territory, and those who were “deported,” or expelled from the United States after they had made their way into U.S. territory. After 1996, both exclusion and deportation were rolled into one procedure called “removal.” At that point, the term “deportation” no longer had any meaning within the official immigration statistics. Its continued use in media reports is part of the confusion.

The large number of immigrants who are apprehended, usually but not exclusively along the southwestern border, and prevented from entering the country were part of a category called “voluntary departure” before 2006. Now that is called “return,” which also includes the subcategory of “reinstatement.” There is also a large category of “expedited removals” of persons that do not appear before an immigration judge but the procedure carries all the sanctions as a judge ordered removal.

These would-be immigrants accept this sanction that forgoes a court appearance before an immigration judge because formal removal — in which the U.S. government runs them through legal proceedings and pays for their return to their home country — would result in a multi-year bar (five to 20 years) on their eligibility to legally reenter the United States. Critics deride this policy “as catch and release.” The consequences of a return are much less harsh than a formal removal because the returned immigrant could come back legally, and presumably illegally, at any time.
Lies, damned lies, and Obama’s deportation statistics

So since the term "deportation" has been obsolete since 1996... Stop blaming Trump for wanting to "return" 11 million illegal immigrants!
Stop confusing people by saying Trump is "anti-immigrant" when I am sure you don't know it but Trump's wife is a LEGAL immigrant!
But because you and the volume of people are influenced by the MSM attacking Trump as "anti-immigrant"... you buy in to it!
He is not nor am I with a Legal immigrant daughter-in-law and 45 million legal immigrants "ANTI-IMMIGRANT!!!

Then you in the far right should stop using the word DEPORTATION, should you not?

Try 'relocation to homeland' or something.

We all know what Donnie meant.

Its not a question, illegals will be leaving our country and not returning unless they do so legally. And since they don't qualify to immigrate here legally they will not be returning. They are free to get an education and re-apply. If they can come here and not be a welfare sucking loss to the USA maybe they will be allowed back.

Its not a question, illegals will be leaving our country and not returning unless they do so legally. And since they don't qualify to immigrate here legally they will not be returning. They are free to get an education and re-apply. If they can come here and not be a welfare sucking loss to the USA maybe they will be allowed back.
They are not going anywhere unless they are forcibly deporte. But that you think all eleven million, or even a significant minority, are going to be rounded and deported demonstrates you don't understand this subject.

Then you in the far right should stop using the word DEPORTATION, should you not?

Tell you what! I'll stop using the term "deportation" if YOU along with the MSM get it through your heads that Trump who has
an "legal immigrant" wife, my legal immigrant daughter-in-law, and 45 million other "legal immigrants" are NOT ANTI--Immigrant!
If you can agree with are ANTI-ILLEGAL Immigrants" I'll stop using the term "Deportation"! Sounds fair and accurate!

Tell you what! I'll stop using the term "deportation" if YOU along with the MSM get it through your heads that Trump who has
an "legal immigrant" wife, my legal immigrant daughter-in-law, and 45 million other "legal immigrants" are NOT ANTI--Immigrant!
If you can agree with are ANTI-ILLEGAL Immigrants" I'll stop using the term "Deportation"! Sounds fair and accurate!
Most of the 45 mm do not agree with deportation forcibly in a police state is the point.

Forum List

Back