Clinton: "A few years ago this guy would have been getting us coffee"

Referring to Obama. :rolleyes:

Teddy's anger - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com
A]s Hillary bungled Caroline, Bill’s handling of Ted was even worse. The day after Iowa, he phoned Kennedy and pressed for an endorsement, making the case for his wife. But Bill then went on, belittling Obama in a manner that deeply offended Kennedy. Recounting the conversation later to a friend, Teddy fumed that Clinton had said, A few years ago, this guy would have been getting us coffee.

Amazing.

Wasn't it George Allen that got run out of town because he uttered the word, "macaca"?

Now we see Clinton reffering to bama as a servant and Reid saying "at least he doesn't have a negro dialect"....

The funniest thing about this is...this quote is all heresay.

Look at the source for crying out loud...the Republican and RW tool...Politico.com. FOXNews on the net.

Try again Neo-Cons.

roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif

OK, for all those still in doubt.

If Clinton had said "this guys would have been serving us dinner in our home", THAT would be racist.

But since the quote was "A few years ago this guy would have been getting us coffee", it's an obvious reference to inexperience, not race.

"Getting someone coffee" is a common reference to lower level flunkies/assistants in the white collar world.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Obvious denial, I can't put up enough laughing faces on this post.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Another person who has never worked as an intern or in a large office. Or perhaps you have and are just being purposely obtuse. Oh well, either way you come off as an idiot.

Really??????????????????:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: If you only knew what I did you would be wearing a paper bag over your head or turning red from head to toe. :lol::lol::lol: I don't think I was being obtuse, Clinton made a racist statement in denigrating Obama, I don't care how you try to spin it.

Did you learn that big word obtuse from Shaw Shenk Redemption or did you learn it ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL by yourself. :lol::lol:

What does working in a large office have to do with anything? At one point in my Career 1,700 troops moved out on my word. Doesn't mean a damned thing today.

It goes to the context of the conversation. "A few years ago" Barack Obama was a lowbie state senator in from Illinois ... a complete nobody in the Democratic party. If he were around the Clinton's or the Kennedy's it would have been as a low level lackey and not as an equal amongst his peers. It has nothing to do with his skin color and everything to do with his perceived "rank" based on the position he held at the time.

Kind of like how a General would have a butter bar get him coffee. Get it now?
JohnLovitz.jpg

Yeah, yeah. That's the ticket!! It was uh, different. Yeah that's it!! He loves his niggahs - they is his homies!! Everyone knows that he "feels their pain"......He says the N-Word with an AH, not an ER.
Bill-Clinton-I-Feel-Your-Pain-by-Dan-Youra-qpps_9321219522932806.LG.jpg,272,340,crop

Besides he can't be a racist - Democrats are not racist! They can't be!! Only Republicans are racist. Yeah, that's the ticket!!:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Genuine Thread Closer!

I've peer reviewed this post and found it 100% accurate -- funny too

A]s Hillary bungled Caroline, Bill’s handling of Ted was even worse. The day after Iowa, he phoned Kennedy and pressed for an endorsement, making the case for his wife. But Bill then went on, belittling Obama in a manner that deeply offended Kennedy. Recounting the conversation later to a friend, Teddy fumed that Clinton had said, A few years ago, this guy would have been getting us coffee.

Amazing.

Wasn't it George Allen that got run out of town because he uttered the word, "macaca"?

Now we see Clinton reffering to bama as a servant and Reid saying "at least he doesn't have a negro dialect"....

I take Clintons Comments differently. I dont think he meant it as a slave reference. I think Obama meant he was a freshman senator who would have been the coffee lackey for the senior democrat party officials.

I couldn't be wrong though, it is "I can't tell a lie" Bill Clinton after all.

What does working in a large office have to do with anything? At one point in my Career 1,700 troops moved out on my word. Doesn't mean a damned thing today.

It goes to the context of the conversation. "A few years ago" Barack Obama was a lowbie state senator in from Illinois ... a complete nobody in the Democratic party. If he were around the Clinton's or the Kennedy's it would have been as a low level lackey and not as an equal amongst his peers. It has nothing to do with his skin color and everything to do with his perceived "rank" based on the position he held at the time.

Kind of like how a General would have a butter bar get him coffee. Get it now?
JohnLovitz.jpg

Yeah, yeah. That's the ticket!! It was uh, different. Yeah that's it!! He loves his niggahs - they is his homies!! Everyone knows that he "feels their pain"......He says the N-Word with an AH, not an ER.
Bill-Clinton-I-Feel-Your-Pain-by-Dan-Youra-qpps_9321219522932806.LG.jpg,272,340,crop

Besides he can't be a racist - Democrats are not racist! They can't be!! Only Republicans are racist. Yeah, that's the ticket!!:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

That's pretty funny.

Too bad I don't hold the belief that only Republicans can be racists and that Democrats can't.

Would you mind explaining why his words were racist?

Amazing.

I take Clintons Comments differently. I dont think he meant it as a slave reference. I think Obama meant he was a freshman senator who would have been the coffee lackey for the senior democrat party officials.

I couldn't be wrong though, it is "I can't tell a lie" Bill Clinton after all.

Not even a freshman Senator. Obama was still in the Illinois State Senate in 2004.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Obvious denial, I can't put up enough laughing faces on this post.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Another person who has never worked as an intern or in a large office. Or perhaps you have and are just being purposely obtuse. Oh well, either way you come off as an idiot.

Really??????????????????:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: If you only knew what I did you would be wearing a paper bag over your head or turning red from head to toe. :lol::lol::lol: I don't think I was being obtuse, Clinton made a racist statement in denigrating Obama, I don't care how you try to spin it.

Did you learn that big word obtuse from Shaw Shenk Redemption or did you learn it ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL by yourself. :lol::lol:

Please explain why what he said was racist.

I think the point is that we don't know if it was racist or not. We don't know if what Trent Lott said was racist either.

Still, Democrats were screaming from the rafters for Lott's resignation. Yet not a peep from Democrats about Dingy Harry's "light skinned Negro dialect" comment or Bubba's "get my coffee" comment. There is a double standard.

it cracks me up how transparent most libs are

outrage over barack the magic negro

full on defense of light skinned negro

the difference....political party

Let me write this down so I don't forget:

In the Democrat party Blacks are "Negroes who should be serving us coffee".

Got it.

Where was Obama's race mentioned in what Clinton said?
Really?

You are going to stick with that position in the light of every GOP'er who has been called a racist for simply opposing Mr. Obama's policies; having never mentioned his race at all....

And are you really going to stick with that position knowing full well that a negro serving coffee to two powerful white men doesn't have any racial connotations at all?

I've already heard the stretch ( I think the left have pulled their collective hammies with this one) that Clinton said it because Mr. Obama was an aide and aides always bring the coffee.

Last edited:

I think the point is that we don't know if it was racist or not. We don't know if what Trent Lott said was racist either.

Still, Democrats were screaming from the rafters for Lott's resignation. Yet not a peep from Democrats about Dingy Harry's "light skinned Negro dialect" comment or Bubba's "get my coffee" comment. There is a double standard.

Reid's comments I can understand ... Clinton's I don't.

How do you spin what Clinton said as racist?

Let me write this down so I don't forget:

In the Democrat party Blacks are "Negroes who should be serving us coffee".

Got it.

Where was Obama's race mentioned in what Clinton said?
Really?

You are going to stick with that position in the light of every GOP'er who has been called a racist for simply opposing Mr. Obama's policies; having never mentioned his race at all....

And are you really going to stick with that position knowing full well that a negro serving coffee to two powerful white men doesn't have any racial connotations at all?

I've already heard the stretch ( I think the left have pulled their collective hammies with this one) that Clinton said it because Mr. Obama was an aide and aides always bring the coffee.

What you claim is a "stretch" is a lot more likely than what you are peddling.

I don't spin. I don't know if it was racist or not - but as Darkwind said -
Darkwind said:
are you really going to stick with that position knowing full well that a negro serving coffee to two powerful white men doesn't have any racial connotations at all?
If Bubba were a Republican this would be condemned by Democrats. There is a double standard.

I don't spin. I don't know if it was racist or not - but as Darkwind said - QUOTE] are you really going to stick with that position knowing full well that a negro serving coffee to two powerful white men doesn't have any racial connotations at all?
If Bubba were a Republican this would be condemned by Democrats. There is a double standard.[/QUOTE]

Not in this case. Like I said before in 2004 Obama was in the Illinois State Senate. A nobody. It fits the context of the conversation perfectly.

But you are correct that if they were both Republicans then some Dems would be attacking whoever said it. Of course this would have to be in bizarro world where the Republicans are on the verge of nominating a black candiate for President and where there is an abundance of black Republican state legislators for them to use the "aid" excuse but I see your point.

Both sets of comments were racist. The diff here is that the Dems want to keep Reid while the Pubs so wanted Lott gone. The GOP got a 2-fer: Lott gone, the Dems to blame. I happen to agree: Harry Reid must resign.

I had this explained to me, inside baseball style, by a lawyer. Clinton's comment was a classic senior lawyer slam of a junior lawyer. Goes on all the time. I told him not one rightwinger will buy that, no matter how true it might be.

Forum List

Back