Clinton: "A few years ago this guy would have been getting us coffee"

why was this comment considered racist? obama was a noob "a few years ago" and new people/interns/etc tend to be forced to get coffee for the higher ups. what this has to do with race I have no idea
Because Republicans see everything from a racial viewpoint.

i think most republicans have never worked in an office or for a company that requires any advanced degree since they are so against education

I mean honest to God. Do you libs actually think before you post?

:lol:

OK, for all those still in doubt.

If Clinton had said "this guys would have been serving us dinner in our home", THAT would be racist.

But since the quote was "A few years ago this guy would have been getting us coffee", it's an obvious reference to inexperience, not race.

"Getting someone coffee" is a common reference to lower level flunkies/assistants in the white collar world.

If Clinton had said "this guys would have been serving us dinner in our home", THAT would be racist.

But since the quote was "A few years ago this guy would have been getting us coffee", it's an obvious reference to inexperience, not race.

"Getting someone coffee" is a common reference to lower level flunkies/assistants in the white collar world.

Possibly. fact is we'll never know for certain which context he meant it in.

This is why it is different when a R uses antiquated language

Florida Central Voter File - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

James Lee's testimony
On 17 April, 2001, James Lee testified, before the McKinney panel, that the state had given DBT the directive to add to the purge list people who matched at least 90% of a last name. DBT objected, knowing that this would produce a huge number of false positives (non-felons).[7]

Lee went on saying that the state then ordered DBT to shift to an even lower threshold of 80% match, allowing also names to be reversed (thus a person named Thomas Clarence could be taken to be the same as Clarence Thomas). Besides this, middle initials were skipped, Jr. and Sr. suffixes dropped, and some nicknames and aliases were added to puff up the list.

"DBT told state officials", testified Lee, "that the rules for creating the [purge] list would mean a significant number of people who were not deceased, not registered in more than one county, or not a felon, would be included on the list. DBT made suggestions to reduce the numbers of eligible voters included on the list". According to Lee, to this suggestion the state told the company, "Forget about it".

"The people who worked on this (for DBT) are very adamant... they told them what would happen", said Lee. "The state expected the county supervisors to be the failsafe." Lee said his company will never again get involved in cleansing voting rolls. "We are not confident any of the methods used today can guarantee legal voters will not be wrongfully denied the right to vote", Lee told a group of Atlanta-area black lawmakers in March 2001.[8]

[edit] Errors in the list
Florida has re-edited its felon list five times since 1998 to correct errors

Caging (voter suppression) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1980s
In 1981 and 1986 the Republican National Committee (RNC) sent out letters to predominately African-American neighborhoods. When tens of thousands of them were returned undeliverable, the party successfully challenged the voters and had them deleted from voting rolls. Due to the violation of the Voting Rights Act, the RNC was taken to court. Its officials entered a consent decree which prohibited the party from engaging in anti-fraud initiatives that targeted minorities or conducting mail campaigns to "compile voter challenge lists."

It is COURT documented fact that republicans have disenfranchised black voters.

its fucking hilarious that the gop douchebags have complained for months that anytime they criticize obama they get called racist, and as soon as a democrat says something about obama, with no obvious racist meaning, they start calling the dem racist

partisan hacks are funny

i think most republicans have never worked in an office or for a company that requires any advanced degree since they are so against education

Translation - "I AM A COMPLETE FUCKING IDIOT"

Translation - "I AM A COMPLETE FUCKING IDIOT"

translation - "I can't understand obvious sarcasm" and it ties in with a theme thats been running around the boards.

Referring to Obama. :rolleyes:

Teddy's anger - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com
A]s Hillary bungled Caroline, Bill’s handling of Ted was even worse. The day after Iowa, he phoned Kennedy and pressed for an endorsement, making the case for his wife. But Bill then went on, belittling Obama in a manner that deeply offended Kennedy. Recounting the conversation later to a friend, Teddy fumed that Clinton had said, A few years ago, this guy would have been getting us coffee.

Amazing.

Wasn't it George Allen that got run out of town because he uttered the word, "macaca"?

Now we see Clinton reffering to bama as a servant and Reid saying "at least he doesn't have a negro dialect"....

Get my coffee means you are a "servant"? There is a 20 year age difference.

Negro dialect and don't forget the "light skin". Spike Lee covered the same issues in "School Daze".

Would America vote for someone as dark as Al Sharpton or who spoke like Al Sharpton. Probably not, no, most definitely not.

The difference is that Republicans want to put Obama's picture on money. Only the bills look like this:

obama-bucks-01.jpg

And if Hillary would have said wolverine make great house pets would you run out and get one?

uh huh... and I am sure you libs would be as charitable had it been a conservative. :lol:

not everyone is a partisan retard like you and not everyone defending him is liberal.

Right. :lol:

^^ LOL!!!

Look, I can't t y p e a n y s l o w e r f o r y o u , so if you can't understand, get someone to help.

So again, do you libs actually believe the partisan shit you post? :lol:

And are you really trying to say that had it been a republican, you would have been as charitable? :lol: :eusa_liar:

Maybe your ass-kissing friends over at KOS, Huffer or the DU is buying that, but no one with half a brain cell is going to buy it.

:lol:

its fucking hilarious that the gop douchebags have complained for months that anytime they criticize obama they get called racist, and as soon as a democrat says something about obama, with no obvious racist meaning, they start calling the dem racist

partisan hacks are funny

HAHAHA Emphasis mine.

Clearly, you are drowning in the koolaid my friend. :lol:

No hope for you at all.

I guess Clinton wasn't as wowed as Reid by Obama's ability to read a teleprompter.

Referring to Obama. :rolleyes:

Teddy's anger - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com
A]s Hillary bungled Caroline, Bill’s handling of Ted was even worse. The day after Iowa, he phoned Kennedy and pressed for an endorsement, making the case for his wife. But Bill then went on, belittling Obama in a manner that deeply offended Kennedy. Recounting the conversation later to a friend, Teddy fumed that Clinton had said, A few years ago, this guy would have been getting us coffee.

Amazing.

Wasn't it George Allen that got run out of town because he uttered the word, "macaca"?

Now we see Clinton reffering to bama as a servant and Reid saying "at least he doesn't have a negro dialect"....

Get my coffee means you are a "servant"? There is a 20 year age difference.

Negro dialect and don't forget the "light skin". Spike Lee covered the same issues in "School Daze".

Would America vote for someone as dark as Al Sharpton or who spoke like Al Sharpton. Probably not, no, most definitely not.

The difference is that Republicans want to put Obama's picture on money. Only the bills look like this:

obama-bucks-01.jpg

Lets take a look at what I highlighted in your stupid, racist post.
What you wrote is clearly racist, yet you don't see it.

Why wouldn't someone "as dark as Al Sharpton or who spoke like Al Sharpton"? get elected? They should have the same chance as anyone else. Are you kidding me? What do you have against a dark black man??? :eek:

This is clear evidence that democrats that hold this point of view, like you rdean, are racist fucks. You should be embarrassed to even show your face around here, or anywhere else. It's assholes like you that set relations backward, not forward.

And you can spin it all you want. We all know what reid meant. We all know what Clinton meant. Teddy sure did.

The context is obvious. If you see racism there you must be squinting your eyes like crazy.

The context is obvious. If you see racism there you must be squinting your eyes like crazy.

Obvious? From the guy who questioned the definition of "IS"? Please!

Forum List

Back