Clinton: "A few years ago this guy would have been getting us coffee"

I think the point is that we don't know if it was racist or not. We don't know if what Trent Lott said was racist either.

Still, Democrats were screaming from the rafters for Lott's resignation. Yet not a peep from Democrats about Dingy Harry's "light skinned Negro dialect" comment or Bubba's "get my coffee" comment. There is a double standard.

Reid's comments I can understand ... Clinton's I don't.

How do you spin what Clinton said as racist?

I had this explained to me, inside baseball style, by a lawyer. Clinton's comment was a classic senior lawyer slam of a junior lawyer. Goes on all the time. I told him not one rightwinger will buy that, no matter how true it might be.

I get a kick out of the claims that if it were two Republicans then the left would be all over them.

For starters on what planet is one big whig Republican seeking the endorsement of another over an upstart black candidate about to take their party's nomination for President of the United States?

Both sets of comments were racist. The diff here is that the Dems want to keep Reid while the Pubs so wanted Lott gone. The GOP got a 2-fer: Lott gone, the Dems to blame. I happen to agree: Harry Reid must resign.

It's not going to happen but if Reid resigns, good riddence.

I agree. There is nothing racist at all when powerful two white men discuss their preferences in negroes. Personally, I prefer a negro that is light skinned, clean, and without a negro dialect. Some people say it does helps if the negro fetches coffee.

I agree. There is nothing racist at all when powerful two white men discuss their preferences in negroes. Personally, I prefer a negro that is light skinned, clean, and without a negro dialect. Some people say it does helps if the negro fetches coffee.

Like I said ... I can buy that what Reid said shows his ignorance and I get it when people say that it's racist.

The alleged Clinton/Kennedy conversation, not so much.

Where was Obama's race mentioned in what Clinton said?
Really?

You are going to stick with that position in the light of every GOP'er who has been called a racist for simply opposing Mr. Obama's policies; having never mentioned his race at all....

And are you really going to stick with that position knowing full well that a negro serving coffee to two powerful white men doesn't have any racial connotations at all?

I've already heard the stretch ( I think the left have pulled their collective hammies with this one) that Clinton said it because Mr. Obama was an aide and aides always bring the coffee.

What you claim is a "stretch" is a lot more likely than what you are peddling.
Not even by a hair.

Far too often, the left either are racists, or they condone racism in others of their own party for the sake of power.

I don't recall who the politician was, but when it was reported that they were throwing Oreo cookies at him just for being a Republican, the left defended the action. It turned out later to be a false report. But the damage had been done. It was the left defending despicable actions, yet again, for the sake of party.

Sorry. Clinton's little slip is a perfect insight into who he is, his racist attitudes and his willingness to do anything to get that shrew of a wife out of his house.

Well, as Rush said. I am sure that Ted "Where is my car?" Kennedy was pissed off because people of real couth know that the women bring the coffee. His blacks brought him his booze.

Both sets of comments were racist. The diff here is that the Dems want to keep Reid while the Pubs so wanted Lott gone. The GOP got a 2-fer: Lott gone, the Dems to blame. I happen to agree: Harry Reid must resign.

He won't need to resign. His reelection chances stand a snowballs chance...

Really?

You are going to stick with that position in the light of every GOP'er who has been called a racist for simply opposing Mr. Obama's policies; having never mentioned his race at all....

And are you really going to stick with that position knowing full well that a negro serving coffee to two powerful white men doesn't have any racial connotations at all?

I've already heard the stretch ( I think the left have pulled their collective hammies with this one) that Clinton said it because Mr. Obama was an aide and aides always bring the coffee.

Not even by a hair.

Far too often, the left either are racists, or they condone racism in others of their own party for the sake of power.

I don't recall who the politician was, but when it was reported that they were throwing Oreo cookies at him just for being a Republican, the left defended the action. It turned out later to be a false report. But the damage had been done. It was the left defending despicable actions, yet again, for the sake of party.

Sorry. Clinton's little slip is a perfect insight into who he is, his racist attitudes and his willingness to do anything to get that shrew of a wife out of his house.

You are prolly talking about Michael Steele and I doubt the collective "left" defended the imaginary oreo throwing.

No, I think a you are definitely strrrrrrrrrrretching to try to paint what he said as racist. Context matters and in this case "a few years ago" Barack Obama was a nobody in the Illinoise State Senate and if he were around Clinton and Kennedy that is what his role would have been. It has nothing to do with skin color and everything to do with rank and status in the party.

Y'all are making something over nothing. It's manufactured outrage.

Referring to Obama. :rolleyes:

Teddy's anger - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com
A]s Hillary bungled Caroline, Bill’s handling of Ted was even worse. The day after Iowa, he phoned Kennedy and pressed for an endorsement, making the case for his wife. But Bill then went on, belittling Obama in a manner that deeply offended Kennedy. Recounting the conversation later to a friend, Teddy fumed that Clinton had said, A few years ago, this guy would have been getting us coffee.

Amazing.

Wasn't it George Allen that got run out of town because he uttered the word, "macaca"?

Now we see Clinton reffering to bama as a servant and Reid saying "at least he doesn't have a negro dialect"....

The funniest thing about this is...this quote is all heresay.

Look at the source for crying out loud...the Republican and RW tool...Politico.com. FOXNews on the net.

Try again Neo-Cons.

roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif
Harry appologized for saying it...

Gee you must feel like a dick now.

He won't need to resign. His reelection chances stand a snowballs chance...

That is quite possible, but never, ever underestimate in a Mormon's chance in a western state, regardless of what the polls read.

This thread is an example of why Republicans are perceived as racist.

The statement Clinton made was not racist and yet we've had the majority of rightwingers insist that it is.

:clap2:

A strong thread of racism runs through the far right wing in my Republican Party, Ravi. Some of them on this thread may not be racist but simply see an opportunity to play politics.

The funniest thing about this is...this quote is all heresay.

Look at the source for crying out loud...the Republican and RW tool...Politico.com. FOXNews on the net.

Try again Neo-Cons.

roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif
Harry appologized for saying it...

Gee you must feel like a dick now.

feel like one?....he has been a dick since Aug. 2009...

Last edited:
The truth is, Obama, white or black, would have been getting coffee for the boys club a few years back; metaphorically.
Becuase he is black, one can not use that metaphore?
What if someone said that about JFK? Would there be this faux outrage?
What is the problem here?

No comparison to what Reid said about skin tone.

Not even by a hair.

You are prolly talking about Michael Steele and I doubt the collective "left" defended the imaginary oreo throwing.

No, I think a you are definitely strrrrrrrrrrretching to try to paint what he said as racist. Context matters and in this case "a few years ago" Barack Obama was a nobody in the Illinoise State Senate and if he were around Clinton and Kennedy that is what his role would have been. It has nothing to do with skin color and everything to do with rank and status in the party.

Y'all are making something over nothing. It's manufactured outrage.

If he said "shining our shoes" there would be a valid argument becuase of the stereotype affiliated with shining shoes.
Serving coffee? That is, or was a black thing?
I dont get it.

Hillary bungled Caroline, Bill’s handling of Ted was even worse. The day after Iowa, he phoned Kennedy and pressed for an endorsement, making the case for his wife. But Bill then went on, belittling Obama in a manner that deeply offended Kennedy. Recounting the conversation later to a friend, Teddy fumed that Clinton had said, A few years ago, this guy would have been getting us coffee.

This is the funniest post I have read all week. To top it off Bill offended a fuck-up like Teddy.

Democrat motto: "Do as your dictator tells you not he does & don't ask questions!!"

Very similar to how Clinton is supposed to be a champion of womens rights, but he is actually the biggest violator of womens rights. HA! HA! HA!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back