Clearing Up The Mystery Why HIV/AIDS Epidemic Keeps Getting Worse

How effective do you think the CDC's ad campaign to ask gay guys to be honest with each other is?

• Fine, it is a perfect solution. Gay guys will be honest with each other.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Somewhat OK but it doesn't seem to be working.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A very poor choice. This subpopulation isn't going to suddenly curb its appetite to "get honest".

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters
Wrong: Statistically HIV is being spread by UNPROTECTED ANAL SEX AMONG GAY MEN/HYPERSEXUALS who are seeking mulitple, often anonymous, sex partners that can often be in the 100s each year.

Misinformation kills Jake. Aren't you worried about killing any youngsters who might take your advice at face value and not see the exponentially-increased risk of anal sex?

Jake stated that unprotected sex is how the HIV/AIDs epidemic keeps getting worse. He is absolutely right. There may be more, or a greater percentage of homsexuals getting AIDs this way, but it is still the way they are contracting AIDs.

Unsafe sex. If they use a condom, anal sex is not dangerous. If they know that their partner is disease free, anal sex is not dangerous. Simple facts.

Koshie, you need to get over your sexual hangups. Teens are going to have sex, they need to be educated about the consequences and taught how to do it safely.

Tell me Joe, does teaching kids how to "do it safely" include explaining the details of how anal sex and typical teen non-use of condoms predict almost certainly HIV infection? Or do we leave that part out, and risk young lives, in favor of having a few boys "take one for the team" in order to not dissuade any of the youngsters from "trying the pleasures of anal sex"?

How about we teach them the importance of condoms and make them available to them???

I had condoms in my home (available for my kids) well before they were sexually active. My instructions for the were as follows: "I don't want you to have sex. You are not emotionally ready. But if you are going to disobey me, use a condom so you do not die."

Koshie, you need to get over your sexual hangups. Teens are going to have sex, they need to be educated about the consequences and taught how to do it safely.

Tell me Joe, does teaching kids how to "do it safely" include explaining the details of how anal sex and typical teen non-use of condoms predict almost certainly HIV infection? Or do we leave that part out, and risk young lives, in favor of having a few boys "take one for the team" in order to not dissuade any of the youngsters from "trying the pleasures of anal sex"?

How about we teach them the importance of condoms and make them available to them???

I had condoms in my home (available for my kids) well before they were sexually active. My instructions for the were as follows: "I don't want you to have sex. You are not emotionally ready. But if you are going to disobey me, use a condom so you do not die."
How about you read the statistics on how many kids through the ages of sex ed actually use condoms vs those that don't "in the moment" and get back to me.

I guess we're discussing two different concepts. You are talking about sex education that theoretically should save lives. I'm talking about sex education that would actually save lives..

I repeat:

So, just to sum up your answer, you, unlike Joe or Asclepias, feel it's better to save young boys and young men's lives than it is to thin the prospective herd of new gay recruits that might otherwise imprint themselves differently if they were afraid of anal sex since early grade school?

I tend to agree with you High Gravity. At first the curriculum-appropriate message could be a poster of a human body with arrows saying "never put anything in these places" ....with arrows pointing to the ears, eyes, nose and anus. Then next to that picture on the same poster could be a scary scene with a patient in a hospital looking very ill with concerned doctors tending him.

As the children get older, they can learn about the lower digestive tract and why it's harmful to try to use it as an artificial vagina. Because it resorbs fluids and things like viruses right into the bloodstream very readily. Unlike the vagina. Then that course could come along with a psychological component that addressing "the urges of rising hormones. Young boys' natural frustrations with girls not being easy to access sexuallly. And the notion that turning to anal sex with either boys or girls is a deadly substitute for the real thing.

I tend to agree with Joe and Asclepias on one aspect: that teaching kids to use condoms is pretty fruitless given their statistical and ongoing penchant not to use them. Kids are notoriously irresponsible and that's the reason we keep a tight watch on them until they're 18. So we all agree in theory at least that teaching "safe anal sex" [there is no such thing with youngsters for the reason I just said] is not acceptable. The only option we are left with is to put the same fear into very little kids from the earliest of ages about sticking things in certain parts of their bodies = illness, injury or death.

From there if they are truly oriented gay, they will find other ways of expressing that without killing themselves barebacking/getting HIV.

I think that's a fair compromise, right Joe, Asclepias? No amount of teaching will dissuade a truly gay boy, right? So you can put your fears/panic to rest that a truly gay boy will always grow up that way no matter what he is taught.

Here's a solution: have the Federal Government require everyone to use Good2Go before they have sex. In addition to the drunk thing, the app could have modules for STDs!

Here's a solution: have the Federal Government require everyone to use Good2Go before they have sex. In addition to the drunk thing, the app could have modules for STDs!
WTF are you talking about? Is it theoretical life-saving via wishful sex education; or actual life-saving through pragmatic sex education?

How about you read the statistics on how many kids through the ages of sex ed actually use condoms vs those that don't "in the moment" and get back to me.

I guess we're discussing two different concepts. You are talking about sex education that theoretically should save lives. I'm talking about sex education that would actually save lives..

So your idea is, rather than teaching about safe sex and making condoms available, you want to teach them to never have any anal sex at all??

In other words, you want to reply on Abstinence Only sex ed?? How has abstinence only worked so far? A miserable failure?

You claim teens will not use condoms. But you expect them to listen to the "Anal Sex will kill you every time!" bullshit?

lmao

It is obvious this is more about your hatred of gays than about solving any problems.

So your idea is, rather than teaching about safe sex and making condoms available, you want to teach them to never have any anal sex at all??

In other words, you want to reply on Abstinence Only sex ed?? How has abstinence only worked so far? A miserable failure?

You claim teens will not use condoms. But you expect them to listen to the "Anal Sex will kill you every time!" bullshit?

lmao

It is obvious this is more about your hatred of gays than about solving any problems.

You'll have to quote me where you said I said teaching abstinence was what I consider a pragmatic sex education. Because you are putting words in my mouth. You know that all I said was to teach kids to NEVER stick anything in the ears, eyes, nose or anus. Ever. That isn't "in other words".

You behave as if the only type of sex that could be had is anal. Were you born in a sewer pipe or are you just trying to crawl back in one your whole life? I mean seriously dude. You display no little penchant for subversive replies. You twist people's words and context to try to paint a picture of "gay is all good and anyone who disagrees is a hater"...

Want to know who I consider a hater? A perverted sick man who wants to keep little boys away from the truth about anal sex and HIV, even risking their lives and killing some of them doing so, just so that none of them might not be tempted to try it. They're digging out a new level of hell for you bro. It's the basement below the dungeons.

We teach kids about condoms and make them 100% available and free to them. AND AT THE SAME EXACT TIME we teach them that anal sex is deadly dangerous without a condom. We teach them the intricate workings of the colon, how it mainstreams viruses right into the human blood system. We teach them that using the lower digestive tract as an artificial vagina without a good strong, thick condom [that might break with that more rough type of sex] is the same as sticking a 6-shooter in their mouth with two bullets loaded, spinning the chamber and pulling the trigger each time.

THAT is what we teach them...

Not as many kids might try anal sex after that, I'll grant you. But then again less boys would get HIV and die...so...yeah... Hope you're not too disappointed with that compromise and outcome?

We tell kids how to use condoms.

We don't propagandize against Anal sex because, frankly, that'll probably just make it more attractive.

You do realize that 38% of straights have tried Anal. I guess they didn't get your message.

We tell kids how to use condoms.

We don't propagandize against Anal sex because, frankly, that'll probably just make it more attractive.

You do realize that 38% of straights have tried Anal. I guess they didn't get your message.

I'm talking really little kids. They don't go sticking pencils in their ears when they get older because they learned to fear doing so in their formative years [age 0-6]. Your skilled manipulation of issues is only portraying how desperately you want young boys to not be put off to anal sex. Want to talk about it more?

I guarantee you a large percentage of those 36% of "straights" would never have tried anal sex if they feared doing so would bring on death from HIV much much more quickly than any other type of sex.

Your message seems to be "gee I'm glad so many people are ignorant of the dangers of anal sex". Again, care to talk about why you prefer them dying to simply staying away from anal sex? You talk about anal sex as if it's some sort of religious right, that if denied to people, they'll somehow miss out on "salvation"?

Don't forget we are talking about a DISEASE here. An EPIDEMIC. And one that is spread predominantly by anal sex. Even morons can make the connetion: reduce the predominance of anal sex in the population and you reduce the disease. Since people aren't ever big on using condoms in the heat of the moment, especially young ones, you just teach an aversion to anal sex early on.

Like I said JoeB, if a boy is "truly gay" "truly born that way", you don't have to worry about the numbers of new fresh chicken. They'll be gay no matter what you teach them when they're really little. Right?

Last edited:

lmao

You'll have to quote me where you said I said teaching abstinence was what I consider a pragmatic sex education. Because you are putting words in my mouth. You know that all I said was to teach kids to NEVER stick anything in the ears, eyes, nose or anus. Ever. That isn't "in other words".

You behave as if the only type of sex that could be had is anal. Were you born in a sewer pipe or are you just trying to crawl back in one your whole life? I mean seriously dude. You display no little penchant for subversive replies. You twist people's words and context to try to paint a picture of "gay is all good and anyone who disagrees is a hater"...

Want to know who I consider a hater? A perverted sick man who wants to keep little boys away from the truth about anal sex and HIV, even risking their lives and killing some of them doing so, just so that none of them might not be tempted to try it. They're digging out a new level of hell for you bro. It's the basement below the dungeons.

We teach kids about condoms and make them 100% available and free to them. AND AT THE SAME EXACT TIME we teach them that anal sex is deadly dangerous without a condom. We teach them the intricate workings of the colon, how it mainstreams viruses right into the human blood system. We teach them that using the lower digestive tract as an artificial vagina without a good strong, thick condom [that might break with that more rough type of sex] is the same as sticking a 6-shooter in their mouth with two bullets loaded, spinning the chamber and pulling the trigger each time.

THAT is what we teach them...

Not as many kids might try anal sex after that, I'll grant you. But then again less boys would get HIV and die...so...yeah... Hope you're not too disappointed with that compromise and outcome?

Well haven't you gone on a rant? I guess I touched on a nerve.

Since the beginning ofthis thread I have repeatedly said anal sex is safe as long as you use a condom or that neither partner has any communicable disease. You have repeatedly either ignored my posts or contradicted them.

Now, as far as my "new level of hell", you will have to explain how I rank such? I have not contradicted your claim that anal sex is the easiest way to transmit STDs (not just the AIDs virus). I have simply asked a few questions which you have not answered and suggested that sex ed include condoms and have them made available.

And as for me being a perverted sick man who wants to prevent education, you can kiss my lily-white ass. I have never suggested anything but a thorough education for both genders where sex is concerned. If you see anything in my posts where I said the kids should NOT be taught something, please come down off your high horse and point it out. I have been civil in my discussion in this thread and have been called everything but a child of god by you and your cohorts. I will happily admit any error I have made. But please don't whine about me putting words in your mouth and then claim I have said all sorts of shit I did not.

[

I'm talking really little kids. They don't go sticking pencils in their ears when they get older because they learned to fear doing so in their formative years [age 0-6]. Your skilled manipulation of issues is only portraying how desperately you want young boys to not be put off to anal sex. Want to talk about it more?

I guarantee you a large percentage of those 36% of "straights" would never have tried anal sex if they feared doing so would bring on death from HIV much much more quickly than any other type of sex.

Your message seems to be "gee I'm glad so many people are ignorant of the dangers of anal sex". Again, care to talk about why you prefer them dying to simply staying away from anal sex? You talk about anal sex as if it's some sort of religious right, that if denied to people, they'll somehow miss out on "salvation"?

Don't forget we are talking about a DISEASE here. An EPIDEMIC. And one that is spread predominantly by anal sex. Even morons can make the connetion: reduce the predominance of anal sex in the population and you reduce the disease. Since people aren't ever big on using condoms in the heat of the moment, especially young ones, you just teach an aversion to anal sex early on.

Like I said JoeB, if a boy is "truly gay" "truly born that way", you don't have to worry about the numbers of new fresh chicken. They'll be gay no matter what you teach them when they're really little. Right?

Okay, your usual, sorry homophobic rants aside.

1) YOu are more likely to die of Cancer or Heart Disease than AIDS. Yet we all keep smoking and eating fatty foods. No matter how much brainwashing you guys put out there.

2) My message is, "I'm glad gays can be who they are now and not be bullied by religious assholes." Seriously.

3) Okay, you think anal sex is icky. But you are really the vegetarian who can't stop talking about Steak at this point.

Yes, correct! You HAVE touched on a nerve.

I have an issue with people invested in the promotion of anal sex over the promotion of saving the lives of young men and boys. Very good captain obvious. Do you have any more gems to share?

1) YOu are more likely to die of Cancer or Heart Disease than AIDS. Yet we all keep smoking and eating fatty foods. No matter how much brainwashing you guys put out there.
2) My message is, "I'm glad gays can be who they are now and not be bullied by religious assholes." Seriously.
3) Okay, you think anal sex is icky. But you are really the vegetarian who can't stop talking about Steak at this point.

1. What I'm more likely to die of is irrelevant to a recent 20+% spike in new HIV in boys ages 13-24 from having sex with each other anally.

2. Guys can be who they are without anal sex.

3. Are you seeking to silence a legitimate concern and conversation about saving boys lives using ridicule?

Last edited:

I have an issue with people invested in the promotion of anal sex over the promotion of saving the lives of young men and boys. Very good captain obvious. Do you have any more gems to share?

No, once I have made the point that condoms make anal sex safe, I was done. But now that you mention it, if the couple (straights this time) take teh time to make sure neither of them has HIV, then anal sex without condoms also prevents pregnancy. :D

Please point out where I have promoted anything other than safe sex?? Other than the sarcastic remark in my last post, I have consistently stated that safe sex should be taught. That you demand that sex ed include "NEVER stick anything in your eyes, nose, ears or asshole when have sex", you seem to think what I have suggested is trivial. It isn't. In fact, it is more likely to be taken seriously by the teens than your diatribes.

Please point out where I have promoted anything other than safe sex?? Other than the sarcastic remark in my last post, I have consistently stated that safe sex should be taught. That you demand that sex ed include "NEVER stick anything in your eyes, nose, ears or asshole when have sex", you seem to think what I have suggested is trivial. It isn't. In fact, it is more likely to be taken seriously by the teens than your diatribes.
It was either you or JoeB who just said that teenagers if told not to stick things in the lower digestive tract would rebel and do it. My goodness you folks are very flexible in your "truth"...

Young kids would take that lesson to heart and it is precisely at that age, preschool or kindergarten get a poster on the wall for their health segment with a basic human form and arrows pointing to the eyes, the nose, the ears and the anus region saying "never put things in there, you could get sick or die". Then a picture insert of a basic human lying in a hospital bed with very concerned doctors looking on. The message at that age will sink much much deeper than at an older age. Like I said, you don't see kids warned in preschool not to stick pencils in their ears growing up to "rebel" by jamming pencils in their ears as teens.

Pretty basic stuff. And you guys know all too well, the younger you teach kids stuff the more permanent the lessons become.

It was either you or JoeB who just said that teenagers if told not to stick things in the lower digestive tract would rebel and do it. My goodness you folks are very flexible in your "truth"...

Young kids would take that lesson to heart and it is precisely at that age, preschool or kindergarten get a poster on the wall for their health segment with a basic human form and arrows pointing to the eyes, the nose, the ears and the anus region saying "never put things in there, you could get sick or die". Then a picture insert of a basic human lying in a hospital bed with very concerned doctors looking on. The message at that age will sink much much deeper than at an older age. Like I said, you don't see kids warned in preschool not to stick pencils in their ears growing up to "rebel" by jamming pencils in their ears as teens.

Pretty basic stuff. And you guys know all too well, the younger you teach kids stuff the more permanent the lessons become.

I am not part of JoeB's "folks". And no, I did not post that. But keep looking for justification for your rants at me.

Would the kids learn a more permanent lesson about not sticking things in the eyes, nose, ears and anus at age 5 or age 15?

[

1. What I'm more likely to die of is irrelevant to a recent 20+% spike in new HIV in boys ages 13-24 from having sex with each other anally.

2. Guys can be who they are without anal sex.

3. Are you seeking to silence a legitimate concern and conversation about saving boys lives using ridicule?

1. AIDS is a disease you can probably live with proper treatment. Magic Johnson has lived with it for 30 years now.

2. I'm sure they could. But if they do, it's not a big deal.

3. I think homophobes need to be ridiculed at every opportunity. Because, honestly, I couldn't imagine a more useless activity.

Would the kids learn a more permanent lesson about not sticking things in the eyes, nose, ears and anus at age 5 or age 15?

I don't know, I didn't know anyone who stuck things in their anus at age 5.

I did have an aunt who was a lesbian and they tried to beat it out of her. Poor woman was miserable, made the guy she was married to for a year miserable, made her train wreck of a daughter miserable.

Maybe if they just let her be gay, a lot of misery could have been avoided.

Forum List

Back