Clarence Thomas - 5 Year Silence

where did i present myself as a moderate to you? i am a moderate on israel, which is what we were discussing, since i'm neither neo-con, bomb bomb bomb iran nutcase, nor terrorist apologist. but i do believe that was in pm's and i do believe that's a bannable offense.

Give me a break ..I think you're a little too full of yourself and thats evident with the way you post.

as for the rest.. no, i don't have to prove to you that thomas is stupid. it's pretty common knowledge among lawyers and judges that he is. and i'm not going to start parsing his writings and waste my time for someone to whom it wouldn't matter anyway because you agree with him. many pretend constitutionalists do.

Really? do you know him? If you can't prove it then you should say it try to deal in facts

Give me a break ..I think you're a little too full of yourself and thats evident with the way you post.

who cares what you think? i think that makes you the one who's too full of *yourself* and i don't care if mommy and daddy told you that you're a prince.

Really? do you know him? If you can't prove it then you should say it try to deal in facts

why do i have to *know* him? i know his body of work and i know what i and others who do what i do for a living and every judge i know thinks of him.

you have a better basis for your opinion of him?

i'm going to bet no on that one.

oh... and yes, talking about the contents of pm's is bannable.

or do you think you're immune?

Last edited:
who cares what you think? i think that makes you the one who's too full of *yourself* and i don't care if mommy and daddy told you that you're a prince

:lol: You're a riot "Mommy and daddy" :lol: I've probably got more life experiance in my little finger then you have had in you whole little protected, stuck up, noise in the air life. "Mommy and Daddy" :lol:

why do i have to *know* him? i know his body of work and i know what i and others who do what i do for a living and every judge i know thinks of him.

you have a better basis for your opinion of him?

i'm going to bet no on that one.

Actually i would take the opinion of people that know him over a liberal hack like you

oh... and yes, talking about the contents of pm's is bannable.

or do you think you're immune?

I didn't talk about anything... Lawyers are so full of shit. Especially liberals

Last edited:
Justice Thomas has even DISCUSSED his reluctance to ask questions from the bench: "if you wait long enough, someone will ask your question."

A Supreme Court Justice with this view?

What if there is no "long enough" and his questions do not get asked?

I'm amazed that some would agree with this extension. On a discussion board, why not?

In my personal view, for a Supreme Court Justice to follow such an extension is a travesty.

I thought Canadians were too polite to a fault. Justice Thomas takes it to another level.

The level of invisibility.

It's more amazing to me that you folks seem to think that there's a whole lot of value in asking these posturing questions from the bench. I happily agree that it serves a purpose from time to time. IT is informative, perhaps, to pin one of the advocates down with a good solid intellectual question. Yep. it can be a wonderful tool.

But, even so, if you think (in most cases) that it's actually necessary after all the briefs that have to have been filed (both AT the SCOTUS level and earlier) and all the oral arguments at those levels and a reviews by fairly intelligent law clerks of the minutiae of the law's and cases, and particularly in light of the rather simple, straightforward and ultimately CORRECT legal reasoning that holds "the Constitution itself is what determines," then you seriously have another think coming.

I heard a tape of an old college friend of mine (now serving as a kind of upper level State Assistant AG over on the left coast) as he argued a case before the SCOTUS. It was akin to an oral examination. But there wasn't one fucking thing asked that hadn't already been discussed to death in the legal pleadings and briefs. If the oral arguments and the Justices' show-y little Q and A session had been entirely canceled in that matter, there is not a doubt in the universe that the ultimate decision (and the opinions) would have come out almost exactly the same. The vote would not have changed one iota and the official decision and the dissenting opinion would be effectively no different at all.

The fact is: Justice Thomas is right.

Yeah this guy is really "stupid" I would venture to say if Thomas was a liberal, our little miss lawyer here would be praising him for his accomplishments. Thomas came from nothing, he should be viewed as an example for everybody that you can make it in this country with a little hard work :clap2: Not slandered by snooty libs .

Thomas was the only black person at his high school in Savannah, where he was an honor student.[ He was raised Roman Catholic. (He later attended an Episcopal church with his first wife but returned to the Catholic Church in the late 1990s.) He considered entering the priesthood at the age of 16, and became the first black student to attend St. John Vianney's Minor Seminary (Savannah) on the Isle of Hope.[9] He also briefly attended Conception Seminary College, a Roman Catholic seminary in Missouri. No one in Thomas's family had attended college. Thomas has said that during his first year in seminary, he was one of only "three or four" blacks attending the school. Thomas told interviewers that he left the seminary in the aftermath of the assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr. He had overheard another student say after the shooting, "Good, I hope the son of a bitch died." He did not think the church did enough to combat racism.[9]
At a nun's suggestion, Thomas attended the College of the Holy Cross in Worcester, Massachusetts. While there, Thomas helped found the Black Student Union. Once he walked out after an incident in which black students were punished while white students went undisciplined for committing the same violation, and some of the priests negotiated with the protesting black students to return to school.[10]

Having spoken the Gullah language as a child, Thomas reportedly realized in college that he still sounded unpolished despite having been drilled in grammar at school, and he chose to major in English literature "to conquer the language".[12] At Holy Cross, he was also a member of Alpha Sigma Nu and the Purple Key Society.[13] Among Thomas's classmates at Holy Cross were future defense attorney Ted Wells and author Edward P. Jones, who won the Pulitzer Prize for his novel, The Known World.[14] Thomas graduated from Holy Cross in 1971 with an A.B. cum laude in English Thomas entered Yale Law School, from which he received a Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree in 1974, graduating towards the middle of his class.[16]

He's also not the only quite justice in history.

Thomas is not the first quiet justice. In the 1970s and 1980s, William J. Brennan, Thurgood Marshall, and Harry Blackmun were likewise generally quiet However, Thomas's silence stood out in the 1990s as the other eight justices engaged in active questioning

Last edited:
it appeared you were being facetious. and i didn't say he plagerized. i said his clerks wrote it.

I was being facetious. He wrote plenty of decisions before he had law clerks, and Congress got to see all of them. Even the ABA rated him as qualified for the court, despite the political pressure not to.

actually, the ABA said he was the least qualified of any justice ever confirmed.

and no. he never wrote a decision without law clerks.

Actually, yes. There is a significant difference between "least qualified" and not qualified at all.

I'm going to bet, dim bulb, that if I look at your posts, I'm going to find out you're racist trash.

We've already established that you are.

So go for it, find racists posts from me.

But no one criticizes Thomas b/c he's black.

Bull-fucking-shit.

You attack, not criticize. You attack because he is a black man who DARES to defy the democratic party. You can deny all you like, but it is rank racism. Sure you hate Roberts as you hate all who are not party members, but NEVER will you launch the kind of filth at him that you do Thomas, because in your mind Thomas is a defiler, one who has defied his role as a a loyal minion of the party - as ALL blacks are expected to be.

I think you are barking up the wrong tree here, J is a blind political hack :lol: but she isnt a racist .

WMIU Press: this just in. A secret listening device attached to Judge Thomas' chair captured his under breath commentary according to 'wikiNowHearThis,' Thomas' remarks are rather bland and generally include the phrases: hang them, who cares, corporations rock, what's that mean, too many big words, I'm the law now, nice ass, and isn't it break time yet. Official confirmation of 'wikiNowHearThis' is unconfirmed but inside sources say, it sounds about right.

"Where there is no law, but every man does what is right in his own eyes, there is the least of real liberty." Henry M. Robert

I'm going to bet, dim bulb, that if I look at your posts, I'm going to find out you're racist trash.

We've already established that you are.

So go for it, find racists posts from me.

But no one criticizes Thomas b/c he's black.

Bull-fucking-shit.

You attack, not criticize. You attack because he is a black man who DARES to defy the democratic party. You can deny all you like, but it is rank racism. Sure you hate Roberts as you hate all who are not party members, but NEVER will you launch the kind of filth at him that you do Thomas, because in your mind Thomas is a defiler, one who has defied his role as a a loyal minion of the party - as ALL blacks are expected to be.

I think you are barking up the wrong tree here, J is a blind political hack :lol: but she isnt a racist .

you know, i'm neither racist nor hack. you should know i have a lot of people i respect on the opposite side of the aisle. but what rightwingnut neocons or racists do when someone criticizes their little pets like thomas and palin (since they worship ignorance) is to scream racism or sexism at the top of their lungs.

because that's so intellectual on their part.

*rant over* :D

oh.. .and thank you for having my back... even in a left-handed kind of way. :razz:

Doesn't he just follow whatever Nino does? He is prolly close to 100% in voting w/ Nino. I could pick someone walking out of a Quik E Mart who could do the same. How much is he paid for this?

Im wondering why the media is being so silent about the fact that Thomas LIED on his financial disclosure statements in not reporting $700K in income his wife earned from right wing activist groups! He had to refile 13 years of ammended disclosures. Since nobody can miss $700K coming into ones household, this could NOT have been an oversight and therefore was a crime! Thomas has called his impartiality into serious question.

:confused:

Im wondering why the media is being so silent about the fact that Thomas LIED on his financial disclosure statements in not reporting $700K in income his wife earned from right wing activist groups! He had to refile 13 years of ammended disclosures. Since nobody can miss $700K coming into ones household, this could NOT have been an oversight and therefore was a crime! Thomas has called his impartiality into serious question.

His wife quit her position as leader of some teaparty group (where the $ was coming from I beleive) as a consequence too. If they were dem's, Faux N00z would be all over it.

Its not that he LIED

It was just that he couldn't ask his wife any questions about where the $700K came from. He was hoping someone else would ask her

This thread demonstrates otherwise.

Jillian is a racist who views blacks as property of the left. Those who DARE move to the center or rights are to be destroyed at all costs.

Supporting the "rights" of blacks to be obedient leftists is not supporting civil rights for blacks.

WMIU Press: this just in. A secret listening device attached to Judge Thomas' chair captured his under breath commentary according to 'wikiNowHearThis,' Thomas' remarks are rather bland and generally include the phrases: hang them, who cares, corporations rock, what's that mean, too many big words, I'm the law now, nice ass, and isn't it break time yet. Official confirmation of 'wikiNowHearThis' is unconfirmed but inside sources say, it sounds about right.

Ah, another racist openly lying about Thomas..

How progressive of you.

Forum List

Back