Citizenship vs. Liberalism

Ironic given that you don't know that tories/loyalists are just other names for conservatives.
Ironic since you think so.
Amazing, isn't it? The Tories allied with the Crown and its rule, yet they were "conservative," while the "liberal" faction - the Whigs - opposed the state.

Revisionist historians are sincere, I'll grant them that. Their ignorance is both funny and scary.

And so I wonder if I'm missing something. Are the liberals the ones who call for limited constitutional government? If I'm not mistaken, conservatives are the ones who do that. Except in the 1780s, apparently.

Weird.

Amazing, isn't it? The Tories allied with the Crown and its rule, yet they were "conservative," while the "liberal" faction - the Whigs - opposed the state.

Revisionist historians are sincere, I'll grant them that. Their ignorance is both funny and scary.

And so I wonder if I'm missing something. Are the liberals the ones who call for limited constitutional government? If I'm not mistaken, conservatives are the ones who do that. Except in the 1780s, apparently.

Weird.
Yes, I think maybe that's it. The liberals were the original freedom fighting independant small government folks until the government was firmly established then while attempting to blossom into its' full glory the conservatives stole their idea to use it against them to destroy the country.

Forum List

Back