Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam

Churchill on Islam

How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many countries. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live. A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement; the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property – either as a child, a wife, or a concubine – must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men. Thousands become the brave and loyal soldiers of the Queen: all know how to die: but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science, the science against which it had vainly struggled, the civilisation of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilisation of ancient Rome.[5]:
248–250

From "The River War"

It would help if you read your own link.

"Churchill never seriously considered converting," Dr Dockter told The Independent. "He was more or less an atheist by this time anyway.

The letter never suggests that Churchill was considering converting to Islam.

Churchill on Islam

How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many countries. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live. A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement; the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property – either as a child, a wife, or a concubine – must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men. Thousands become the brave and loyal soldiers of the Queen: all know how to die: but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science, the science against which it had vainly struggled, the civilisation of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilisation of ancient Rome.[5]:
248–250

From "The River War"

If true, that he considered converting, it had to be before he discovered the butchery and evil that the Islamic religion purveys. Although, in 1907 he was already 33 years old. Hard to believe he didn't know by that time.

Churchill on Islam

248–250

From "The River War"

If true, that he considered converting, it had to be before he discovered the butchery and evil that the Islamic religion purveys. Although, in 1907 he was already 33 years old. Hard to believe he didn't know by that time.

Here is my take on it:

Churchill being Churchill started to feel affinity towards certain aspects of Arabic culture (including Islam). Then his family and friends got concerned and started to wean him away from Islam.

Churchill on Islam

248–250

From "The River War"

Here is my take on it:

Churchill being Churchill started to feel affinity towards certain aspects of Arabic culture (including Islam). Then his family and friends got concerned and started to wean him away from Islam.

But we'll never know for sure, will we?

Lets not forget there was the whole thing about gassing uncivilized Arab tribes... Winston Churchill s Secret Poison Gas Memo

This makes sense given the fact that Churchill was a hardcore bigot.

When it comes to ISIS, al Qaeda and the like I'm for dropping a nuclear weapon on their heads. So I guess I'm a bigot.

There was no Al Queda or ISIS when Churchill was around.

I wasn't talking about when Churchill was around. I'm talking NOW.

Lets not forget there was the whole thing about gassing uncivilized Arab tribes... Winston Churchill s Secret Poison Gas Memo

When it comes to ISIS, al Qaeda and the like I'm for dropping a nuclear weapon on their heads. So I guess I'm a bigot.

I wasn't talking about when Churchill was around. I'm talking NOW.

Well, you do not need to drop nukes on ISIS or Al Qaida. I think daisy cutters will be sufficient. And, if that is not enough, FOAB will certainly do the job:

Hating the evil that is Mohammedanism makes him a bigot? I don't think so.

First you fall for a false lead in in hopes to direct the narrative trying to prove your false accusation false.

Weird

I think Churchill saw Islam as an efficient tool to control and administer people. I think that was his big attraction towards Islam.

The fact that he was fascinated with Islam and built a Mosque in London should piss off the bigots on the Right.

Just arab nationalists who banded together to eradicate the Jews

Forum List

Back