Church denies funeral to gay man

You know what, Androw? I'm also adding you to most annoying posters list. TOP of the list!!!

Oh come on ChrisL lol. You know it doesn't mean anything :)

You're annoying me! Besides, later, I'm going to go through the whole thread, and I think you've posted here more than me, so that means I'm going to win!!! :biggrin:

LOL! Awesome! Go for it! It was about 15 minutes for me to go through all 34 pages. The load time is slower on this new forum software :( Oh well.

I probably won't because I'm not as mean as you are.

Stoning and killing people is not love, mercy, grace, or forgiveness. Saying that people will burn and suffer for ETERNITY for a relatively small infraction is also far from love, mercy, grace, and forgiveness.

I know that some things are just wrong. No book written by ancient peoples who thought dinosaur bones were the bones of mythical creatures and Gods is going to convince me otherwise.

I had a extended family member... a man who married a relative of mine. He was an alcoholic. I apologize if this is disgusting, but it's to make a point. He drank, and drank, and ruined his family, and his career, and literally everything, and yet.... continued to drink. Everyone warned him, and eventually gave him an ultimatum.... and he ignored everyone, and continued to drink.

He started having some health problems, and finally, after losing everything, went to a doctor. His esophagus was being destroyed by the constant alcohol. The doctor said directly, that if he did not stop drinking.... he was going to die, and it would be painful and horrific.

He refused to stop. He ended up blowing out his esophagus. In the ER they worked on him, and he bled, and sputtered, and laid in agony, as they stitched, and restitched, and restitched his esophagus together, only to have it blow apart from the years of drinking that destroyed his flesh. Whether he died of blood loss, or of being choked by his blood in his lungs, we'll never know.

Tell me... were all the people who warned him, doing so because they were mean and evil, and hateful to him?

Or was his wife pleading because she loved him, and wanted to save their marriage? Was the doctor caring, and that is why he gave such dire warnings, to save his life?

None of us wants people to go to Hell. I don't want anyone to die for their sins. I'm not saying "ha ha ha! You all are going to BURN hahahahaha!".

No. I'm saying... please. Please don't go there. Please stop going towards what will harm you. Please take forgiveness that is offered to you. Please turn back to G-d. Please repent, turn from what G-d says is evil, and live forever in Heaven.

There is no sarcastic smile of delight when I think of what will happen to some after they die. There's no pleasure in it. And if I could change G-d's word, I would. But its not mine to change. I'm only trying to living it out.

That is a completely different scenario! Why do you keep trying to compare REAL life dangerous situations with your God fantasies?

What if... it's not a different scenario?
What if.... it's not a fantasy?

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

It's no Fantasy to me. G-d is real. G-d forgives. G-d does not want anyone to perish. He promises forgiveness, and he keeps that promise to anyone who repents.

I believe there could be a higher power, from time to time I go from believing in God to not believing in God, but I do not believe in man made religions.

Here's a scenario for you, what if you're wrong and the Jewish people's religion is right, or the Muslim people's religion is right? Then what? Do you think you'd go to hell for worshiping the wrong way? I'm thinking that if God is anything like you say he is, then you probably would.

Depends on what their religion says. If their belief system is right, then whatever they teach, is what was true... by definition.

Um... the Jewish belief system is actually correct... they just stop at the 'waiting for the messiah' point. Christianity is merely the completion of the Jewish faith. That's why if you meet Christian Jews, they call themselves "Completed Jews". Yahway (Jesus) is the Messiah, which completed the Old Testament scriptures.

What is Messianic Judaism
Question: "What is Messianic Judaism?"

Answer:
Messianic Judaism is the term given to Jewish people who believe and have accepted Yeshua (the Hebrew name for Jesus) of Nazareth as the promised Messiah of the Hebrew Scriptures. These Jewish people do not stop being Jewish, but they continue to remain strong in their Jewish identity, lifestyle and culture, while following Yeshua as He is revealed in the Brit Chadashah, the New Covenant.​

So Judiasm is in fact true. They just stop at the "Old Covenant" waiting for the coming messiah.

We, Christians, believe in the completion of the Old Covenant, which is fulfilled in Jesus Christ, which brought us to the New Covenant. Or "New Testament", in English... which is to say the new promise.

As for Islam... if that is the true religion, then all of us are screwed no matter what... even the Muslims.

Islam teaches that no one has any assurance of anything.

In fact, Muhammad himself, taught that people should pray for him, Muhammad. Muhammad is quoted as saying “By Allah, though I am the Apostle of Allah, yet I do not know what Allah will do to me.”

Muhammad had no assurance of salvation himself. So he if doesn't, and Muslims don't, then if that belief system is true, then certainly I have no idea what will happen to me either.

In fact, many Islamic scholars teach that there is only one verse, which shows assurance, that being Sura 3:157: "And if ye are slain, or die, in the way of Allah, forgiveness and mercy from Allah are far better than all they could amass."

The context of "and if ye are slain" is that of Jihad. So they actually teach that only in death of holy war, can one be assured of Heaven.

Which again... means I'm screwed. No way I'm doing that.

You know what, Androw? I'm also adding you to most annoying posters list. TOP of the list!!!

Oh come on ChrisL lol. You know it doesn't mean anything :)

You're annoying me! Besides, later, I'm going to go through the whole thread, and I think you've posted here more than me, so that means I'm going to win!!! :biggrin:

LOL! Awesome! Go for it! It was about 15 minutes for me to go through all 34 pages. The load time is slower on this new forum software :( Oh well.

I probably won't because I'm not as mean as you are.

Hm... I don't think so. You've been pretty brutal to me in the past, which was more mean than clicking "disagree". And I didn't even consider that mean when you clicked disagree on my posts. I just thought it it meant.... that you disagree. :p

I only did that because I thought it was funny you were like " don't disagree with me! Or I'll disagree with you!".... lol... ok! :D

Stoning and killing people is not love, mercy, grace, or forgiveness. Saying that people will burn and suffer for ETERNITY for a relatively small infraction is also far from love, mercy, grace, and forgiveness.

I know that some things are just wrong. No book written by ancient peoples who thought dinosaur bones were the bones of mythical creatures and Gods is going to convince me otherwise.

I had a extended family member... a man who married a relative of mine. He was an alcoholic. I apologize if this is disgusting, but it's to make a point. He drank, and drank, and ruined his family, and his career, and literally everything, and yet.... continued to drink. Everyone warned him, and eventually gave him an ultimatum.... and he ignored everyone, and continued to drink.

He started having some health problems, and finally, after losing everything, went to a doctor. His esophagus was being destroyed by the constant alcohol. The doctor said directly, that if he did not stop drinking.... he was going to die, and it would be painful and horrific.

He refused to stop. He ended up blowing out his esophagus. In the ER they worked on him, and he bled, and sputtered, and laid in agony, as they stitched, and restitched, and restitched his esophagus together, only to have it blow apart from the years of drinking that destroyed his flesh. Whether he died of blood loss, or of being choked by his blood in his lungs, we'll never know.

Tell me... were all the people who warned him, doing so because they were mean and evil, and hateful to him?

Or was his wife pleading because she loved him, and wanted to save their marriage? Was the doctor caring, and that is why he gave such dire warnings, to save his life?

None of us wants people to go to Hell. I don't want anyone to die for their sins. I'm not saying "ha ha ha! You all are going to BURN hahahahaha!".

No. I'm saying... please. Please don't go there. Please stop going towards what will harm you. Please take forgiveness that is offered to you. Please turn back to G-d. Please repent, turn from what G-d says is evil, and live forever in Heaven.

There is no sarcastic smile of delight when I think of what will happen to some after they die. There's no pleasure in it. And if I could change G-d's word, I would. But its not mine to change. I'm only trying to living it out.

That is a completely different scenario! Why do you keep trying to compare REAL life dangerous situations with your God fantasies?

The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

It's no Fantasy to me. G-d is real. G-d forgives. G-d does not want anyone to perish. He promises forgiveness, and he keeps that promise to anyone who repents.

I believe there could be a higher power, from time to time I go from believing in God to not believing in God, but I do not believe in man made religions.

Here's a scenario for you, what if you're wrong and the Jewish people's religion is right, or the Muslim people's religion is right? Then what? Do you think you'd go to hell for worshiping the wrong way? I'm thinking that if God is anything like you say he is, then you probably would.

Depends on what their religion says. If their belief system is right, then whatever they teach, is what was true... by definition.

Um... the Jewish belief system is actually correct... they just stop at the 'waiting for the messiah' point. Christianity is merely the completion of the Jewish faith. That's why if you mean Christian Jews, they call themselves "Completed Jews". Yahway (Jesus) is the Messiah, which completed the Old Testament scriptures.

Answer:
Messianic Judaism is the term given to Jewish people who believe and have accepted Yeshua (the Hebrew name for Jesus) of Nazareth as the promised Messiah of the Hebrew Scriptures. These Jewish people do not stop being Jewish, but they continue to remain strong in their Jewish identity, lifestyle and culture, while following Yeshua as He is revealed in the Brit Chadashah, the New Covenant.​

So Judiasm is in fact true. They just stop at the "Old Covenant" waiting for the coming messiah.

We, Christians, believe in the completion of the Old Covenant, which is fulfilled in Jesus Christ, which brought us to the New Covenant. Or "New Testament", in English... which is to say the new promise.

As for Islam... if that is the true religion, then all of us are screwed no matter what... even the Muslims.

In fact, Muhammad himself, taught that people should pray for him, Muhammad. Muhammad is quoted as saying “By Allah, though I am the Apostle of Allah, yet I do not know what Allah will do to me.”

Muhammad had no assurance of salvation himself. So he if doesn't, and Muslims don't, then if that belief system is true, then certainly I have no idea what will happen to me either.

In fact, many Islamic scholars teach that there is only one verse, which shows assurance, that being Sura 3:157: "And if ye are slain, or die, in the way of Allah, forgiveness and mercy from Allah are far better than all they could amass."

The context of "and if ye are slain" is that of Jihad. So they actually teach that only in death of holy war, can one be assured of Heaven.

Well, although I'm not very familiar with the Jewish religion, I would think some of them at least would disagree. Otherwise, it's just Christianity . . .

I believe in nature. It would be nice if you were correct, but I think the more likely scenario is that we cease to exist and become a part of the earth eventually.

Um... the Jewish belief system is actually correct... they just stop at the 'waiting for the messiah' point. Christianity is merely the completion of the Jewish faith. That's why if you mean Christian Jews, they call themselves "Completed Jews". Yahway (Jesus) is the Messiah, which completed the Old Testament scriptures.

Answer:

Well, although I'm not very familiar with the Jewish religion, I would think some of them at least would disagree. Otherwise, it's just Christianity . . .

I believe in nature. It would be nice if you were correct, but I think the more likely scenario is that we cease to exist and become a part of the earth eventually.

It is Christianity.... in that we both, Jews and Christians, believe 100% in the old testament.

The only difference is... Christians waiting for the Messiah, are not waiting anymore. He came. His name was Yeshua (Jesus). We're waiting for the completion of the second promise, because the first was fulfilled.

Judaism, only think Yeshua was not the Messiah, and that the Messiah is still to come.

If they right... then Christians are still good, we just got the wrong guy. Same G-d, same belief system, just the wrong dude.

But that actually isn't possible, because all the prophesies in the Old Covenant, clearly pointed to Yeshua. His origins, his birth, his death, what he would do, and dozens of others. Additionally the prophesies about Israel itself, being destroyed, the jewish people being scattered across the globe, the rebirth of the nation, the people being regathered from all the world, the war and fighting in the land of Israel, and so on...

All of these things were written for thousands of years, and most have all come true, just as it said. So the possibility that Jesus was the wrong man, is nill. He was and is the messiah. No one else could fit all those prophesies, and the time frame.

Answer:

It is Christianity.... in that we both, Jews and Christians, believe 100% in the old testament.

The only difference is... Christians waiting for the Messiah, are not waiting anymore. He came. His name was Yeshua (Jesus). We're waiting for the completion of the second promise, because the first was fulfilled.

Judaism, only think Yeshua was not the Messiah, and that the Messiah is still to come.

If they right... then Christians are still good, we just got the wrong guy. Same G-d, same belief system, just the wrong dude.

But that actually isn't possible, because all the prophesies in the Old Covenant, clearly pointed to Yeshua. His origins, his birth, his death, what he would do, and dozens of others. Additionally the prophesies about Israel itself, being destroyed, the jewish people being scattered across the globe, the rebirth of the nation, the people being regathered from all the world, the war and fighting in the land of Israel, and so on...

All of these things were written for thousands of years, and most have all come true, just as it said. So the possibility that Jesus was the wrong man, is nill. He was and is the messiah. No one else could fit all those prophesies, and the time frame.

If you believe in the OT, then you should still be sacrificing goats and lambs on the alter as an offering to God. That is just one of many OT "customs" that all of you modern day Christians would be violating.

Anyways, I don't really like trashing people's religions like that. I have absolutely no problem with people believing in their respective religions and I realize that some people really need that, but sometimes it's annoying when they treat others like crap because of it. My only REAL problem with what this church did is that they actually did hurt a person, at least on a basic emotional level, whereas the deceased man and his mom (as far as we know) hurt no one, yet they are the ones being demonized.

Don't even tell me it didn't feel, for the mom, like her heart was ripped out of her chest (AGAIN), thrown onto the floor and stomped on. It must also be extremely painful for people to insinuate that your loved one was not or is not good enough.

Again... what would you have us do about Hypocrites in the church? You yourself claimed there were tons of hypocrites in the church. Right?

I agree with you.

So what would you have us do about it? Because anything that we do about hypocrites, is going to come across as 'hurtful', right?

But if you suggest that we do nothing about hypocrites, while at same time attacking the church for being full of hypocrites.... wouldn't that be hypocritical on your part?

So what should we do?

He's dead. He couldn't hurt your precious church anymore. IMO, good people would have had the funeral for the mom's sake, out of kindness and sympathy for her. I think GOD would understand that.

That would make those same people hypocrites, and you hate hypocrites.

Answer:

If you believe in the OT, then you should still be sacrificing goats and lambs on the alter as an offering to God. That is just one of many OT "customs" that all of you modern day Christians would be violating.
A blood sacrifice is needed for the forgiveness of sins. You are correct on that. However, when Jesus died, He became the ultimate sacrifice, and did away with the old customs of sacrifice.

Matthew 27: 51And behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; and the earth shook and the rocks were split.

Mark 15: 38And the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom.

Luke 23:45because the sun was obscured; and the veil of the temple was torn in two

Answer:

A blood sacrifice is needed for the forgiveness of sins. You are correct on that. However, when Jesus died, He became the ultimate sacrifice, and did away with the old customs of sacrifice.

Matthew 27: 51And behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; and the earth shook and the rocks were split.

Luke 23:45because the sun was obscured; and the veil of the temple was torn in two

There are plenty of other OT customs that you all don't follow. You don't fool me.

Answer:

There are plenty of other OT customs that you all don't follow. You don't fool me.
And there are Biblical reasons for not following those as well.

By the way, you don't fool me, you are still just a troll.

:lmao:Biblical reasons? You mean they aren't convenient anymore, perhaps outdated or even illegal? Such as stoning women, or isolating them when they have their period?

Oh, I know, you don't have to sacrifice animals to God anymore. He accepts cash donations now. I wonder if he accepts Visa and Mastercard too? :smile:

:lmao:Biblical reasons? You mean they aren't convenient anymore, perhaps outdated or even illegal? Such as stoning women, or isolating them when they have their period?

Oh, I know, you don't have to sacrifice animals to God anymore. He accepts cash donations now. I wonder if he accepts Visa and Mastercard too? :smile:
:trolls:

so stop trolling.

Answer:

that's not quite correct. sacrifices aren't allowed because of the destruction of the temple.

so stop trolling.

so stop trolling.

dude, you're a nasty little newby religious nut. behave yourself.

so stop trolling.

dude, you're a nasty little newby religious nut. behave yourself.

:lame2:

I guess it's too much to find another church

oh that's right, they'd rather force themselves on others

how sad and pathetic poor poor pitiful them

I was talking with Androw. No asked you to butt your obnoxious self into our conversation. If you don't want to talk with me and think I'm a troll, then STOP addressing my posts.

Forum List

Back