Church denies funeral to gay man

Anyways, I don't really like trashing people's religions like that. I have absolutely no problem with people believing in their respective religions and I realize that some people really need that, but sometimes it's annoying when they treat others like crap because of it. My only REAL problem with what this church did is that they actually did hurt a person, at least on a basic emotional level, whereas the deceased man and his mom (as far as we know) hurt no one, yet they are the ones being demonized.

Don't even tell me it didn't feel, for the mom, like her heart was ripped out of her chest (AGAIN), thrown onto the floor and stomped on. It must also be extremely painful for people to insinuate that your loved one was not or is not good enough.

Why is anyone surprised that many churches, synagogues and mosques are full of hypocrits?

Yeah, and here's a Church trying to kick the Hypocrites out, and you don't like that. Almost like the forum is full of hypocrites too.

I don't see how it's hypocritical to let God sort out who would go to Heaven and who would not. Do you think you have to do his job for him?

Huh? First off, we don't believe that kicking hypocrites out of the church, has anything at all to do with going to Heaven. Not the same.

Second, again, I gave you the exact verses of the BIble, which we believe is G-d's own word, which detail Church discipline.

We're not doing ANYTHING that G-d himself did not ask us to do.

Third, we are instructed to pray for those who are kicked out of the Church, that they will repent, and come back to us.

Now if you don't like G-d's word... well... I can't help you there Chris. It's not my book. I suppose you can argue with G-d when you get there, but I don't think that will get you far. Just my guess. :)

I've never noticed anything mentioned about being gay in the Bible or in the 10 Commandments.

Why do you think that it's God's words? There is no proof of that. Men wrote the Bible.

Does that matter? You said you have no problem with people practicing their religion. Right?

Why do I think it's G-d's word? That's like a hour long discussion. You don't believe in G-d to begin with, so what difference does it make? I have no problem with you believing what you believe. I'm a Christian. This is what I believe. I'm ok with you. Can't you just be ok with me? Let me and my people believe what we believe?

There is a ton about homosexuality, and Jesus said specifically "in the beginning he created them man and woman". There a reason it says "A man shall leave his mother and father, and cleave to his ........ wife."

It doesn't say "gay".... because gay is actually a hijacked word to begin with. Gay means "happy". The 'gay' crowd, changed the meaning.

It is not specific on what exactly the SIN is though. It could be promiscuity, rape, etc. It never says directly that homosexuality is a sin. Nowhere does it say that.

That is somewhat correct. Can you imagine how massive the Bible would be, if it outlined everyone single sin that man could possibly commit? If it outlined, and detailed every spec of error in every culture, in every age, throughout all human history?

The Bible would be bigger than any book in the world. Everyone would have to have a trailer on the back of their cars, just to carry their Bible to church every Sunday.

Don't do this.... or this, or that... or this.... unless that.... but not that... not this...

The list was go on for volumes. The Bible would end up being larger than the IRS tax code.

The BIble doesn't do that. It gives an outline of the correct, and a broad condemnation of the wrong.

A man shall leave his mother and father, and cleave to his ...... wife. In the beginning he created them ........ male.... and female.

When you look between your legs, and between the legs of a member of the opposite sex... tab A, slot B... right?

So when it refers to sexual immorality, it means all that violate the design that G-d gave. So yeah, it does include promiscuity, rape... and homosexuality.

Are you kidding me? The bible is full of violence and hatred, very reflective of the times from which it was produced. Men wrote the bible because they wanted to make sense of the world around them, and as a way to try to keep people honest IMO.

That would be one view. But that is not our view. The Bible does have hatred.... because man is hateful. But G-d gave so much mercy, and grace to people. That's why we're here. He's still giving people the chance to repent, and accept forgiveness.

It is not specific on what exactly the SIN is though. It could be promiscuity, rape, etc. It never says directly that homosexuality is a sin. Nowhere does it say that.

That is somewhat correct. Can you imagine how massive the Bible would be, if it outlined everyone single sin that man could possibly commit? If it outlined, and detailed every spec of error in every culture, in every age, throughout all human history?

The Bible would be bigger than any book in the world. Everyone would have to have a trailer on the back of their cars, just to carry their Bible to church every Sunday.

Don't do this.... or this, or that... or this.... unless that.... but not that... not this...

The list was go on for volumes. The Bible would end up being larger than the IRS tax code.

The BIble doesn't do that. It gives an outline of the correct, and a broad condemnation of the wrong.

A man shall leave his mother and father, and cleave to his ...... wife. In the beginning he created them ........ male.... and female.

When you look between your legs, and between the legs of a member of the opposite sex... tab A, slot B... right?

So when it refers to sexual immorality, it means all that violate the design that G-d gave. So yeah, it does include promiscuity, rape... and homosexuality.

These people do not choose to be homosexuals (at least MOST of them don't - although I do believe there are "fad" homosexuals out there, seriously, but that's another story for another day).

I don't believe that promiscuity or homosexuality can be put in the same category as rape. That is just odd and wrong.

Are you kidding me? The bible is full of violence and hatred, very reflective of the times from which it was produced. Men wrote the bible because they wanted to make sense of the world around them, and as a way to try to keep people honest IMO.

That would be one view. But that is not our view. The Bible does have hatred.... because man is hateful. But G-d gave so much mercy, and grace to people. That's why we're here. He's still giving people the chance to repent, and accept forgiveness.

The bible is a book of parables IMO, nothing more.

So, let me ask you. Do you believe that Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed by God? Or do you believe that MAYBE, there was a terrible earth quake or some other natural disaster that the ancient peoples did NOT understand because they were ignorant of the workings of nature, and "GOD" was their way to explain it?

Why are the two mutually exclusive? I have no idea how Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed. I do not presume to know how G-d works, or what methods he uses.

I believe in the idea that G-d created a world, soiled by evil, which is groaning with death.

Romans 8:22
We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time.

So, I do believe in 'natural disaster'. Things that happen, simply because this world is cursed by sin.

At the same time, I also believe G-d can directly cause a natural disaster. I also believe that G-d can if he so chooses, do whatever he wants.

So to answer your question.... "yes". G-d wiped out Sodom and Gomorrah? Yes. Could it have been an Earthquake, or Hurricane, or Volcano, or some other thing that G-d used? Yes.

That does not mean that every natural disaster is directly caused by G-d. But I am more than convinced that some are.

So, let me ask you. Do you believe that Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed by God? Or do you believe that MAYBE, there was a terrible earth quake or some other natural disaster that the ancient peoples did NOT understand because they were ignorant of the workings of nature, and "GOD" was their way to explain it?

Why are the two mutually exclusive? I have no idea how Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed. I do not presume to know how G-d works, or what methods he uses.

I believe in the idea that G-d created a world, soiled by evil, which is groaning with death.

We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time.

So, I do believe in 'natural disaster'. Things that happen, simply because this world is cursed by sin.

At the same time, I also believe G-d can directly cause a natural disaster. I also believe that G-d can if he so chooses, do whatever he wants.

So to answer your question.... "yes". G-d wiped out Sodom and Gomorrah? Yes. Could it have been an Earthquake, or Hurricane, or Volcano, or some other thing that G-d used? Yes.

That does not mean that every natural disaster is directly caused by G-d. But I am more than convinced that some are.

So then, God creates a world where he deliberately makes imperfect people, and then when they screw up, he condemns his "children" to eternal suffering?

So then, God creates a world where he deliberately makes imperfect people, and then when they screw up, he condemns his "children" to eternal suffering?

Nope, God created people to be perfect, and they were, right up to the time when sin entered the world.

Sin eventually kills everything. You can see the progression in the Bible, from the ages that people live now as compared to early in the Bible, and there are many other ways to see it, if you are actually looking for it.
Why is anyone surprised that many churches, synagogues and mosques are full of hypocrits?

Yeah, and here's a Church trying to kick the Hypocrites out, and you don't like that. Almost like the forum is full of hypocrites too.

I don't see how it's hypocritical to let God sort out who would go to Heaven and who would not. Do you think you have to do his job for him?

Huh? First off, we don't believe that kicking hypocrites out of the church, has anything at all to do with going to Heaven. Not the same.

Second, again, I gave you the exact verses of the BIble, which we believe is G-d's own word, which detail Church discipline.

Third, we are instructed to pray for those who are kicked out of the Church, that they will repent, and come back to us.

Now if you don't like G-d's word... well... I can't help you there Chris. It's not my book. I suppose you can argue with G-d when you get there, but I don't think that will get you far. Just my guess. :)

I've never noticed anything mentioned about being gay in the Bible or in the 10 Commandments.

Why do you think that it's God's words? There is no proof of that. Men wrote the Bible.
Indeed they did, reflecting man's fear, ignorance, and hate.

I say God inspired those who wrote the Bible, and It reflects God's love, mercy and grace.

And it is full of love, mercy and grace. Forgiveness, those thought lost returning home, a daughter in law taking care of her mother in law, fulfilling promises made, and all kinds of other, wonderful, righteous things. :)

Stoning and killing people is not love, mercy, grace, or forgiveness. Saying that people will burn and suffer for ETERNITY for a relatively small infraction is also far from love, mercy, grace, and forgiveness.

I know that some things are just wrong. No book written by ancient peoples who thought dinosaur bones were the bones of mythical creatures and Gods is going to convince me otherwise.

It might seem small to us, but it is an abomination, and detestable to God. And if you want to find love, mercy and grace in the Bible, one verse sums it up, perfectly.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whomsoever, believeth in Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life.

That is the verse that all a Christianity is built upon.

Say the ignorant and fearful men from ancient days who wrote a book and claimed it to be the word of God.

I certainly don't think all of the things in the Bible are wrong or bad. They got some things right, but they got other things VERY wrong. Modern science has proven that.

Really? What has modern science proven that is contradicted in the Bible?

Last edited:
Stoning and killing people is not love, mercy, grace, or forgiveness. Saying that people will burn and suffer for ETERNITY for a relatively small infraction is also far from love, mercy, grace, and forgiveness.

I know that some things are just wrong. No book written by ancient peoples who thought dinosaur bones were the bones of mythical creatures and Gods is going to convince me otherwise.

I had a extended family member... a man who married a relative of mine. He was an alcoholic. I apologize if this is disgusting, but it's to make a point. He drank, and drank, and ruined his family, and his career, and literally everything, and yet.... continued to drink. Everyone warned him, and eventually gave him an ultimatum.... and he ignored everyone, and continued to drink.

He started having some health problems, and finally, after losing everything, went to a doctor. His esophagus was being destroyed by the constant alcohol. The doctor said directly, that if he did not stop drinking.... he was going to die, and it would be painful and horrific.

He refused to stop. He ended up blowing out his esophagus. In the ER they worked on him, and he bled, and sputtered, and laid in agony, as they stitched, and restitched, and restitched his esophagus together, only to have it blow apart from the years of drinking that destroyed his flesh. Whether he died of blood loss, or of being choked by his blood in his lungs, we'll never know.

Tell me... were all the people who warned him, doing so because they were mean and evil, and hateful to him?

Or was his wife pleading because she loved him, and wanted to save their marriage? Was the doctor caring, and that is why he gave such dire warnings, to save his life?

None of us wants people to go to Hell. I don't want anyone to die for their sins. I'm not saying "ha ha ha! You all are going to BURN hahahahaha!".

No. I'm saying... please. Please don't go there. Please stop going towards what will harm you. Please take forgiveness that is offered to you. Please turn back to G-d. Please repent, turn from what G-d says is evil, and live forever in Heaven.

There is no sarcastic smile of delight when I think of what will happen to some after they die. There's no pleasure in it. And if I could change G-d's word, I would. But its not mine to change. I'm only trying to living it out.

I had a extended family member... a man who married a relative of mine. He was an alcoholic. I apologize if this is disgusting, but it's to make a point. He drank, and drank, and ruined his family, and his career, and literally everything, and yet.... continued to drink. Everyone warned him, and eventually gave him an ultimatum.... and he ignored everyone, and continued to drink.

He started having some health problems, and finally, after losing everything, went to a doctor. His esophagus was being destroyed by the constant alcohol. The doctor said directly, that if he did not stop drinking.... he was going to die, and it would be painful and horrific.

He refused to stop. He ended up blowing out his esophagus. In the ER they worked on him, and he bled, and sputtered, and laid in agony, as they stitched, and restitched, and restitched his esophagus together, only to have it blow apart from the years of drinking that destroyed his flesh. Whether he died of blood loss, or of being choked by his blood in his lungs, we'll never know.

Tell me... were all the people who warned him, doing so because they were mean and evil, and hateful to him?

Or was his wife pleading because she loved him, and wanted to save their marriage? Was the doctor caring, and that is why he gave such dire warnings, to save his life?

None of us wants people to go to Hell. I don't want anyone to die for their sins. I'm not saying "ha ha ha! You all are going to BURN hahahahaha!".

No. I'm saying... please. Please don't go there. Please stop going towards what will harm you. Please take forgiveness that is offered to you. Please turn back to G-d. Please repent, turn from what G-d says is evil, and live forever in Heaven.

There is no sarcastic smile of delight when I think of what will happen to some after they die. There's no pleasure in it. And if I could change G-d's word, I would. But its not mine to change. I'm only trying to living it out.

That is a completely different scenario! Why do you keep trying to compare REAL life dangerous situations with your God fantasies?

He didn't screw it up. We did. We brought sin and evil, into the world.

Face it. The stories written in the Bible are parables. Unless you are willing to believe all of those ridiculous OT stories. Yes, science has proven that natural disasters are due to natural occurrences of the earth due to the tides, the moon, etc. God did not come down out of the clouds to smite people!!

Nope, God created people to be perfect, and they were, right up to the time when sin entered the world.

Sin eventually kills everything. You can see the progression in the Bible, from the ages that people live now as compared to early in the Bible, and there are many other ways to see it, if you are actually looking for it.

I say God inspired those who wrote the Bible, and It reflects God's love, mercy and grace.

And it is full of love, mercy and grace. Forgiveness, those thought lost returning home, a daughter in law taking care of her mother in law, fulfilling promises made, and all kinds of other, wonderful, righteous things. :)

It might seem small to us, but it is an abomination, and detestable to God. And if you want to find love, mercy and grace in the Bible, one verse sums it up, perfectly.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whomsoever, believeth in Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Say the ignorant and fearful men from ancient days who wrote a book and claimed it to be the word of God.

I certainly don't think all of the things in the Bible are wrong or bad. They got some things right, but they got other things VERY wrong. Modern science has proven that.

:funnyface::laugh2: You disagree with it, but can't answer it. :lame2:

:funnyface::laugh2: You disagree with it, but can't answer it. :lame2:

So you believe the stories in the Old Testament? Good grief! Do you believe a fat man can fit down a chimney with magic fairy dust too? :biggrin: Same thing.

You have not read much of It then. The destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah was because of homosexuality.

Genesis 18:20Then the Lord said, “The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous 21that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know.”

What sin is 'so geievous'?

Genesis 19:…4Before they lay down, the men of the city, the men of Sodom, surrounded the house, both young and old, all the people from every quarter; 5and they called to Lot and said to him, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us that we may have relations with them."

The town was overrun by homosexuals, and God could not even find 10 righteous people in the whole of the city.

Genesis 18:
32Then he said, “May the Lord not be angry, but let me speak just once more. What if only ten can be found there?”
He answered, “For the sake of ten, I will not destroy it.”

Now you know.
On to the second part of your post.

I believe the Bible to be the inspired Word of God, as most Christians do also, and I really don't care if you think so or not.

And you @UllysesS.Archer have not answered MY questions above either.

You have not read much of It then. The destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah was because of homosexuality.

Genesis 18:20Then the Lord said, “The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous 21that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know.”

Genesis 19:…4Before they lay down, the men of the city, the men of Sodom, surrounded the house, both young and old, all the people from every quarter; 5and they called to Lot and said to him, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us that we may have relations with them."

The town was overrun by homosexuals, and God could not even find 10 righteous people in the whole of the city.

Genesis 18:
32Then he said, “May the Lord not be angry, but let me speak just once more. What if only ten can be found there?”

Now you know.

I believe the Bible to be the inspired Word of God, as most Christians do also, and I really don't care if you think so or not.

Unlike you, I am not scared to answer a question.

Yes, I think Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed by God, He may have used an earthquake, but since Lot's wife was turned to a pillar of salt for looking back, I would think it was something much worse, something the world has not seen before or since.

God created nature, and everything that happens is His will. I know you hate it, but, you can't do a damn thing about it. :blowup:

Genesis 18:

Now you know.

Unlike you, I am not scared to answer a question.

Yes, I think Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed by God, He may have used an earthquake, but since Lot's wife was turned to a pillar of salt for looking back, I would think it was something much worse, something the world has not seen before or since.

God created nature, and everything that happens is His will. I know you hate it, but, you can't do a damn thing about it. :blowup:

You actually believe that a woman turned to stone? Dude, that's just nuts! If you believe in that, then why wouldn't you believe in Santa or the Tooth Fairy too?

I'm sorry, but logic and science tell me that the Bible is a book of tales and lessons. Not the word of God or Gods, but of men who were trying to explain the world around them, and just like the pagans and the other religions that came before, they turned towards God to explain things away, but science has since given us explanations for those events which they can prove.

Forum List

Back