Church denies funeral to gay man

If you keep giving my posts disagrees, then I'm going to keep giving them to you. I'm petty like that! :funnyface:[/QUOT

I don't disagree with all your posts, just the ones where you show your true self as an :ahole-1:

Yea, par for the course for you to feel that if someone doesn't believe in your beliefs, you have to resort to insulting me.

If you keep giving my posts disagrees, then I'm going to keep giving them to you. I'm petty like that! :funnyface:[/QUOT

I don't disagree with all your posts, just the ones where you show your true self as an :ahole-1:

Yea, par for the course for you to feel that if someone doesn't believe in your beliefs, you have to resort to insulting me.
You not believing as I do has nothing with you being a trolling ass.

You don't want answers, you just want to start shit and hit and run, and that's fine, but that makes you an :asshole:

You don't want answers, you just want to start shit and hit and run, and that's fine, but that makes you an :asshole:

I think you've proven that would be yourself since you are the one incapable of having a conversation without name-calling. Grow up old man!

Do you even know what a "hit and run" poster is? Apparently you do not. I have been around here for WEEKS arguing my points. A "hit and run" poster is a poster who makes an insulting comment and then never comes back to the thread again. DERP.

Do you even know what a "hit and run" poster is? Apparently you do not. I have been around here for WEEKS arguing my points. A "hit and run" poster is a poster who makes an insulting comment and then never comes back to the thread again. DERP.

You have not been arguing any points, you have just been arguing. You make opinions about what the Bible says, instead of what It actually says, you try to tell others what they should think, but have nothing at all to back up your outrageous claims. You will not answer questions, you avoid them, like the plague. You claim to know how this man's mother must feel, but I know you haven't spoken to her, so you have no clue there. You call people hypocrites, and in this very thread, show yourself to be one. And you call religious people idiots, but then get upset when one of them, point of the fact, that you are an :asshole:. So yes, you are not a hit and run poster, you are just a troll.

You have not been arguing any points, you have just been arguing. You make opinions about what the Bible says, instead of what It actually says, you try to tell others what they should think, but have nothing at all to back up your outrageous claims. You will not answer questions, you avoid them, like the plague. You claim to know how this man's mother must feel, but I know you haven't spoken to her, so you have no clue there. You call people hypocrites, and in this very thread, show yourself to be one. And you call religious people idiots, but then get upset when one of them, point of the fact, that you are an :asshole:. So yes, you are not a hit and run poster, you are just a troll.

Sure I have been arguing points. I have been telling you that your book doesn't make sense according to the real world unless you believe in fairy tails. This is nothing but the truth. Sorry if the truth hurts you and makes you want to lash out at me, but it isn't my fault that you and others are naive to believe in a book written by ancient peoples who did not understand the world around them and why or how natural events occurred.

Anyways, I don't really like trashing people's religions like that. I have absolutely no problem with people believing in their respective religions and I realize that some people really need that, but sometimes it's annoying when they treat others like crap because of it. My only REAL problem with what this church did is that they actually did hurt a person, at least on a basic emotional level, whereas the deceased man and his mom (as far as we know) hurt no one, yet they are the ones being demonized.

Don't even tell me it didn't feel, for the mom, like her heart was ripped out of her chest (AGAIN), thrown onto the floor and stomped on. It must also be extremely painful for people to insinuate that your loved one was not or is not good enough.

Again... what would you have us do about Hypocrites in the church? You yourself claimed there were tons of hypocrites in the church. Right?

I agree with you.

So what would you have us do about it? Because anything that we do about hypocrites, is going to come across as 'hurtful', right?

But if you suggest that we do nothing about hypocrites, while at same time attacking the church for being full of hypocrites.... wouldn't that be hypocritical on your part?

So what should we do?

I don't believe that promiscuity or homosexuality can be put in the same category as rape. That is just odd and wrong.

Why? Because that's your opinion? Why is that better than anyone else's opinion?

What makes your opinion, better than that of a Middle East culture where rape is acceptable?

How do you determine what is right and wrong? And why is your basis, better than any other?

Stoning and killing people is not love, mercy, grace, or forgiveness. Saying that people will burn and suffer for ETERNITY for a relatively small infraction is also far from love, mercy, grace, and forgiveness.

I know that some things are just wrong. No book written by ancient peoples who thought dinosaur bones were the bones of mythical creatures and Gods is going to convince me otherwise.

I had a extended family member... a man who married a relative of mine. He was an alcoholic. I apologize if this is disgusting, but it's to make a point. He drank, and drank, and ruined his family, and his career, and literally everything, and yet.... continued to drink. Everyone warned him, and eventually gave him an ultimatum.... and he ignored everyone, and continued to drink.

He started having some health problems, and finally, after losing everything, went to a doctor. His esophagus was being destroyed by the constant alcohol. The doctor said directly, that if he did not stop drinking.... he was going to die, and it would be painful and horrific.

He refused to stop. He ended up blowing out his esophagus. In the ER they worked on him, and he bled, and sputtered, and laid in agony, as they stitched, and restitched, and restitched his esophagus together, only to have it blow apart from the years of drinking that destroyed his flesh. Whether he died of blood loss, or of being choked by his blood in his lungs, we'll never know.

Tell me... were all the people who warned him, doing so because they were mean and evil, and hateful to him?

Or was his wife pleading because she loved him, and wanted to save their marriage? Was the doctor caring, and that is why he gave such dire warnings, to save his life?

None of us wants people to go to Hell. I don't want anyone to die for their sins. I'm not saying "ha ha ha! You all are going to BURN hahahahaha!".

No. I'm saying... please. Please don't go there. Please stop going towards what will harm you. Please take forgiveness that is offered to you. Please turn back to G-d. Please repent, turn from what G-d says is evil, and live forever in Heaven.

There is no sarcastic smile of delight when I think of what will happen to some after they die. There's no pleasure in it. And if I could change G-d's word, I would. But its not mine to change. I'm only trying to living it out.

That is a completely different scenario! Why do you keep trying to compare REAL life dangerous situations with your God fantasies?

What if... it's not a different scenario?
What if.... it's not a fantasy?

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

It's no Fantasy to me. G-d is real. G-d forgives. G-d does not want anyone to perish. He promises forgiveness, and he keeps that promise to anyone who repents.

ChrisL said:

I don't believe that promiscuity or homosexuality can be put in the same category as rape. That is just odd and wrong

Why? Because that's your opinion?

No, because it's just odd and wrong.

Rape is a crime of violence – having nothing to do with homosexuality, which is not a crime.

That you would seek to equate the two is reprehensible demagoguery and fear-mongering.

ChrisL said:

I don't believe that promiscuity or homosexuality can be put in the same category as rape. That is just odd and wrong

Why? Because that's your opinion?

No, because it's just odd and wrong.

Rape is a crime of violence – having nothing to do with homosexuality, which is not a crime.

That you would seek to equate the two is reprehensible demagoguery and fear-mongering.

I think you need to go back and read again because I am not the one who made those allegations. I was responding to them.

I don't believe that promiscuity or homosexuality can be put in the same category as rape. That is just odd and wrong.

Why? Because that's your opinion? Why is that better than anyone else's opinion?

What makes your opinion, better than that of a Middle East culture where rape is acceptable?

How do you determine what is right and wrong? And why is your basis, better than any other?

The guy is DEAD Androw, you doofus. That is what this is about. A dead guy who's mom is grieving and wanted to have a funeral for him.

Did he hurt or rape anyone? NO, he didn't. He had a different sexual orientation, that is ALL.

Your church sucks for hurting people.

Stoning and killing people is not love, mercy, grace, or forgiveness. Saying that people will burn and suffer for ETERNITY for a relatively small infraction is also far from love, mercy, grace, and forgiveness.

I know that some things are just wrong. No book written by ancient peoples who thought dinosaur bones were the bones of mythical creatures and Gods is going to convince me otherwise.

I had a extended family member... a man who married a relative of mine. He was an alcoholic. I apologize if this is disgusting, but it's to make a point. He drank, and drank, and ruined his family, and his career, and literally everything, and yet.... continued to drink. Everyone warned him, and eventually gave him an ultimatum.... and he ignored everyone, and continued to drink.

He started having some health problems, and finally, after losing everything, went to a doctor. His esophagus was being destroyed by the constant alcohol. The doctor said directly, that if he did not stop drinking.... he was going to die, and it would be painful and horrific.

He refused to stop. He ended up blowing out his esophagus. In the ER they worked on him, and he bled, and sputtered, and laid in agony, as they stitched, and restitched, and restitched his esophagus together, only to have it blow apart from the years of drinking that destroyed his flesh. Whether he died of blood loss, or of being choked by his blood in his lungs, we'll never know.

Tell me... were all the people who warned him, doing so because they were mean and evil, and hateful to him?

Or was his wife pleading because she loved him, and wanted to save their marriage? Was the doctor caring, and that is why he gave such dire warnings, to save his life?

None of us wants people to go to Hell. I don't want anyone to die for their sins. I'm not saying "ha ha ha! You all are going to BURN hahahahaha!".

No. I'm saying... please. Please don't go there. Please stop going towards what will harm you. Please take forgiveness that is offered to you. Please turn back to G-d. Please repent, turn from what G-d says is evil, and live forever in Heaven.

There is no sarcastic smile of delight when I think of what will happen to some after they die. There's no pleasure in it. And if I could change G-d's word, I would. But its not mine to change. I'm only trying to living it out.

That is a completely different scenario! Why do you keep trying to compare REAL life dangerous situations with your God fantasies?

What if... it's not a different scenario?
What if.... it's not a fantasy?

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

It's no Fantasy to me. G-d is real. G-d forgives. G-d does not want anyone to perish. He promises forgiveness, and he keeps that promise to anyone who repents.

I believe there could be a higher power, from time to time I go from believing in God to not believing in God, but I do not believe in man made religions.

Here's a scenario for you, what if you're wrong and the Jewish people's religion is right, or the Muslim people's religion is right? Then what? Do you think you'd go to hell for worshiping the wrong way? I'm thinking that if God is anything like you say he is, then you probably would.

Anyways, I don't really like trashing people's religions like that. I have absolutely no problem with people believing in their respective religions and I realize that some people really need that, but sometimes it's annoying when they treat others like crap because of it. My only REAL problem with what this church did is that they actually did hurt a person, at least on a basic emotional level, whereas the deceased man and his mom (as far as we know) hurt no one, yet they are the ones being demonized.

Don't even tell me it didn't feel, for the mom, like her heart was ripped out of her chest (AGAIN), thrown onto the floor and stomped on. It must also be extremely painful for people to insinuate that your loved one was not or is not good enough.

Again... what would you have us do about Hypocrites in the church? You yourself claimed there were tons of hypocrites in the church. Right?

I agree with you.

So what would you have us do about it? Because anything that we do about hypocrites, is going to come across as 'hurtful', right?

But if you suggest that we do nothing about hypocrites, while at same time attacking the church for being full of hypocrites.... wouldn't that be hypocritical on your part?

So what should we do?

He's dead. He couldn't hurt your precious church anymore. IMO, good people would have had the funeral for the mom's sake, out of kindness and sympathy for her. I think GOD would understand that.

You know what, Androw? I'm also adding you to most annoying posters list. TOP of the list!!!

Oh come on ChrisL lol. You know it doesn't mean anything :)

You're annoying me! Besides, later, I'm going to go through the whole thread, and I think you've posted here more than me, so that means I'm going to win!!! :biggrin:

LOL! Awesome! Go for it! It was about 15 minutes for me to go through all 34 pages. The load time is slower on this new forum software :( Oh well.

Forum List

Back