Church denies funeral to gay man

Why is anyone surprised that many churches, synagogues and mosques are full of hypocrits?

Yeah, and here's a Church trying to kick the Hypocrites out, and you don't like that. Almost like the forum is full of hypocrites too.

I don't see how it's hypocritical to let God sort out who would go to Heaven and who would not. Do you think you have to do his job for him?

Why is anyone surprised that many churches, synagogues and mosques are full of hypocrits?

Yeah, and here's a Church trying to kick the Hypocrites out, and you don't like that. Almost like the forum is full of hypocrites too.

I don't see how it's hypocritical to let God sort out who would go to Heaven and who would not. Do you think you have to do his job for him?
I don't believe anyone has said this man is not going to Heaven. If they have, then they are in the wrong.

God is in charge of that, but the Church, God left in man's hands, and men can't see a person's soul, just their lifestyle and acts.

I don't believe anyone has said this man is not going to Heaven. If they have, then they are in the wrong.

God is in charge of that, but the Church, God left in man's hands, and men can't see a person's soul, just their lifestyle and acts.

And all this guy did was sleep with another guy. He has not hurt another soul.

And all this guy did was sleep with another guy. He has not hurt another soul.

Again, you yourself, complained about hypocrites in church. Right?

So I ask you again... if you are part of any group, and that group has a set of beliefs, and your group has hypocrites in it..... what do you do?

Every where you go, people accuse you "oh ChrisL is part of that group of hypocrites. All of them are Hypocrites. She's one of 'those' people".

What do you do? What is your suggestion?

Because if we do nothing, then you accuse us of being full of hypocrites, just as you have done in this very thread.

If we kick the hypocrites out, you attack us for 'hating' and such, and say "He has not hurt another soul", right?

So what would you have us do? What is your suggestion?

And additionally, one could make the case that he was harming another soul. He was ruining the reputation of the church, and validating claims that the church is full of hypocrites..... right?

Last edited:

Huh? First off, we don't believe that kicking hypocrites out of the church, has anything at all to do with going to Heaven. Not the same.

Second, again, I gave you the exact verses of the BIble, which we believe is G-d's own word, which detail Church discipline.

We're not doing ANYTHING that G-d himself did not ask us to do.

Third, we are instructed to pray for those who are kicked out of the Church, that they will repent, and come back to us.

Now if you don't like G-d's word... well... I can't help you there Chris. It's not my book. I suppose you can argue with G-d when you get there, but I don't think that will get you far. Just my guess. :)

Huh? First off, we don't believe that kicking hypocrites out of the church, has anything at all to do with going to Heaven. Not the same.

Second, again, I gave you the exact verses of the BIble, which we believe is G-d's own word, which detail Church discipline.

Third, we are instructed to pray for those who are kicked out of the Church, that they will repent, and come back to us.

Now if you don't like G-d's word... well... I can't help you there Chris. It's not my book. I suppose you can argue with G-d when you get there, but I don't think that will get you far. Just my guess. :)

I've never noticed anything mentioned about being gay in the Bible or in the 10 Commandments.

Why do you think that it's God's words? There is no proof of that. Men wrote the Bible.

I've never noticed anything mentioned about being gay in the Bible or in the 10 Commandments.

Why do you think that it's God's words? There is no proof of that. Men wrote the Bible.
Indeed they did, reflecting man's fear, ignorance, and hate.

You have not read much of It then. The destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah was because of homosexuality.

Genesis 18:20Then the Lord said, “The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous 21that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know.”

What sin is 'so geievous'?

Genesis 19:…4Before they lay down, the men of the city, the men of Sodom, surrounded the house, both young and old, all the people from every quarter; 5and they called to Lot and said to him, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us that we may have relations with them."

The town was overrun by homosexuals, and God could not even find 10 righteous people in the whole of the city.

Genesis 18:
32Then he said, “May the Lord not be angry, but let me speak just once more. What if only ten can be found there?”
He answered, “For the sake of ten, I will not destroy it.”

Now you know.
On to the second part of your post.

I believe the Bible to be the inspired Word of God, as most Christians do also, and I really don't care if you think so or not.

I say God inspired those who wrote the Bible, and It reflects God's love, mercy and grace.

You have not read much of It then. The destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah was because of homosexuality.

Genesis 18:20Then the Lord said, “The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous 21that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know.”

Genesis 19:…4Before they lay down, the men of the city, the men of Sodom, surrounded the house, both young and old, all the people from every quarter; 5and they called to Lot and said to him, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us that we may have relations with them."

The town was overrun by homosexuals, and God could not even find 10 righteous people in the whole of the city.

Genesis 18:
32Then he said, “May the Lord not be angry, but let me speak just once more. What if only ten can be found there?”

Now you know.

I believe the Bible to be the inspired Word of God, as most Christians do also, and I really don't care if you think so or not.

It is not specific on what exactly the SIN is though. It could be promiscuity, rape, etc. It never says directly that homosexuality is a sin. Nowhere does it say that.

I say God inspired those who wrote the Bible, and It reflects God's love, mercy and grace.

Are you kidding me? The bible is full of violence and hatred, very reflective of the times from which it was produced. Men wrote the bible because they wanted to make sense of the world around them, and as a way to try to keep people honest IMO.

Genesis 18:

Now you know.

It is not specific on what exactly the SIN is though. It could be promiscuity, rape, etc. It never says directly that homosexuality is a sin. Nowhere does it say that.

It says it here
1 Timothy 1:…9realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers 10and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching,

and here
1 Corinthians 6:9Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.…

here is the big one
Leviticus 18:22'You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.

Leviticus 20:13If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.

Now I know all you will focus on in this last verse is the bolded part, because that is your game, you have no interest in learning, just being a pest. If you wanted to learn I would educate you.

I think I made my point. You don't know what the Bible says, and that's fine, your option, but don't try to tell me what it says, I don't listen to non-believers on matters of the Bible.

Genesis 18:

Now you know.

It says it here
1 Timothy 1:…9realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers 10and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching,

and here
1 Corinthians 6:9Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.…

here is the big one
Leviticus 18:22'You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.

Leviticus 20:13If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.

Now I know all you will focus on in this last verse is the bolded part, because that is your game, you have no interest in learning, just being a pest. If you wanted to learn I would educate you.

I think I made my point. You don't know what the Bible says, and that's fine, your option, but don't try to tell me what it says, I don't listen to non-believers on matters of the Bible.

Oh, then I guess YOU are going to hell too then for not KILLING the homosexuals. NICE book you worship there, real nice and barbaric and ignorant that is.

Genesis 18:

Now you know.

Ignorance!!! And rotten. Rotten to the core!

Are you kidding me? The bible is full of violence and hatred, very reflective of the times from which it was produced. Men wrote the bible because they wanted to make sense of the world around them, and as a way to try to keep people honest IMO.

And it is full of love, mercy and grace. Forgiveness, those thought lost returning home, a daughter in law taking care of her mother in law, fulfilling promises made, and all kinds of other, wonderful, righteous things. :)

Genesis 18:

Now you know.

So, let me ask you. Do you believe that Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed by God? Or do you believe that MAYBE, there was a terrible earth quake or some other natural disaster that the ancient peoples did NOT understand because they were ignorant of the workings of nature, and "GOD" was their way to explain it?

And it is full of love, mercy and grace. Forgiveness, those thought lost returning home, a daughter in law taking care of her mother in law, fulfilling promises made, and all kinds of other, wonderful, righteous things. :)

Stoning and killing people is not love, mercy, grace, or forgiveness. Saying that people will burn and suffer for ETERNITY for a relatively small infraction is also far from love, mercy, grace, and forgiveness.

I know that some things are just wrong. No book written by ancient peoples who thought dinosaur bones were the bones of mythical creatures and Gods is going to convince me otherwise.

Stoning and killing people is not love, mercy, grace, or forgiveness. Saying that people will burn and suffer for ETERNITY for a relatively small infraction is also far from love, mercy, grace, and forgiveness.

I know that some things are just wrong. No book written by ancient peoples who thought dinosaur bones were the bones of mythical creatures and Gods is going to convince me otherwise.

It might seem small to us, but it is an abomination, and detestable to God. And if you want to find love, mercy and grace in the Bible, one verse sums it up, perfectly.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whomsoever, believeth in Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life.

That is the verse that all a Christianity is built upon.

Everything back then was attributed to God and/or gods. Those people did not understand the world around them and were fearful! They saw every natural occurrence, such as drought, earthquakes, tornadoes, etc., as a punishment from the gods against them because that was the only way they had of explaining such disasters. Just as is written in the Bible. It is not any different. They are trying to explain away things through the existence of gods, which we know today is just NOT true, and that is why a lot of people think that people who are overtly religious and who would take the bible literally as ignorant.

It might seem small to us, but it is an abomination, and detestable to God. And if you want to find love, mercy and grace in the Bible, one verse sums it up, perfectly.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whomsoever, believeth in Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life.

That is the verse that all a Christianity is built upon.

Say the ignorant and fearful men from ancient days who wrote a book and claimed it to be the word of God.

I certainly don't think all of the things in the Bible are wrong or bad. They got some things right, but they got other things VERY wrong. Modern science has proven that.

Forum List

Back