Chuck Schumer is going to force Democrats to go on record on trashing the filibuster.

Let's see...Georgia is usurping the Fulton County Board of elections...and replacing it with Republican state control. Fulton being the largest Democratic district in Georgia.
That means they control how many machines (or how few) are available in Fulton Country

This is a lie. Georgia's massive new voting law is over sections that allow state officials to temporarily take over county elections boards, BUT such a usurpation is unlikely to happen any time soon if at all. So your statement that Georgia is usurping the Fulton County Board of elections is a lie.

Numerous states are curtailing voting days and voting times. Making it harder to vote absentee (still during a pandemic)

This does not take away anyone's right to vote, as I stated in post #105.

Legal voters are being purged.

This is a bold-faced lie. Nowhere in your link in post #109 does it say that. Anybody who wants to vote can vote. Introducing a few safeguards to build confidence that only legal votes are cast and counted just seems to make common sense.

This is a lie. Georgia's massive new voting law is over sections that allow state officials to temporarily take over county elections boards, BUT such a usurpation is unlikely to happen any time soon if at all. So your statement that Georgia is usurping the Fulton County Board of elections is a lie.
What does "temporarily" mean? What a crock. Republicans can now and most likely WILL take control of that Dem voting district.
Poll taxes kept the "right" to vote intact...but made it virtually impossible to exercise.
This is a bold-faced lie. Nowhere in your link in post #109 does it say that. Anybody who wants to vote can vote. Introducing a few safeguards to build confidence that only legal votes are cast and counted just seems to make common sense.
So you want these restrictions on voting to assuage the "lack of confidence" you have caused that are based on nothing

Bullshit; they're the same people who waited on line at supermarkets for hours during daylight during COVID.
They don't have to wait till the last second to vote.
How the fuck could you possibly know this?

Oh wait...you're making it up

While this is politically a dumb move....

It is good to see actual voting on important matters taking place. Like it would be good to see an actual debate on the voting rights bill in the Senate...and then a vote. What a concept...bills being voted on!

I'm all for keeping the filibuster if we're going to have a Senate. I'm on record as thinking we don't need a senate... There is no reason we need a senate outside of the constitutional creation of one. We'd be fine with just the House. But as it stands now...keep the filibuster but lets be adults enough to use it sparingly or pass rules to make sure it is used sparingly if we can't be adults.
Republicans act like adults?

Cmon man...

He's forcing Manchin and Sinema to choose sides.

Good for him.

About time
Dude, Manchin and Sinema have been quite clear about what "side" they are on with this all along! Chuckie Schumer is forcing Democrats from "Purple" States to go on record supporting something that isn't popular. Chuckie is an IDIOT!

Dude, Manchin and Sinema have been quite clear about what "side" they are on with this all along! Chuckie Schumer is forcing Democrats from "Purple" States to go on record supporting something that isn't popular. Chuckie is an IDIOT!
Manchin and Sinema have laid down their markers.

They voted with the GOP...who of course voted as a block.

Those supposed GOP moderates? They of course voted as they were told to vote and Manchin an Sinema joined them

Will someone please identify the provisions/laws that make it more difficult for Black people to vote than white people?

The hypocrisy of the Left.....my GOD.... there are no limits for their dishonesty!

these are thieves and scum! worse of the worse criminals!

1642728912269.png

Not so far, they haven't. It's been nothing but "Republicans hate black people!".

They got nothin'.
The Republican legislators that are enacting these laws recognize that blacks vote well over 80% Dem. That is what they are trying to stop.

The fact that this pleases their racist base is just a "bonus"

The Republican legislators that are enacting these laws recognize that blacks vote well over 80% Dem. That is what they are trying to stop.

The fact that this pleases their racist base is just a "bonus"
Where? You realize blacks live in demofk land right?

The above poster just made my point for me
That blacks are suppressed in demofk land? On the plantation?

who runs demofk island?
I think you swallowed a bone

Last edited:

Like Fulton County Election Officials at State Farm Arena in the wee morning
who claimed a water main burst requiring Vote Counters to leave the area
{ take a break } when over 50,ooo ballots needed counting.
Just a fluke ...eh Buddy boy.

That blacks are suppressed in demofk land? On the plantation?

who runs demofk island?
I think you swallowed a bone
What excuse is or was there for Rep.Hank Johnson { D-Ga. }
who wondered Out Loud what would happen to Guam if a
Planned Military buildup was reality.
" My fear is that the whole island will become so overly populated
that it will tip over and capsize. "

Forum List

Back