Christie: ‘This Sharia Law Business Is Crap’

Great job by Christie calling out the rightwing nut jobs

Christie Defends Appointing Muslim Judge: Video

At this juncture, it may be more efficient to highlight which interactions between New Jersey Governor Chris Christie and the media are not newsworthy. The Republican’s appointment of Muslim-American Sohail Mohammed to a state bench this week ruffled some feathers among some who fear the threat of Sharia Law, but when asked about those concerns, Gov. Christie made clear he had no patience for such “ignorance,” calling the complaints “crap.”

“Ignorance is behind the criticism of Sohail Mohammed,” he told a reporter asking about the complaints that he may be inadequate to be a judge because he defended Muslim Americans who were wrongly arrested post-9/11. “He is an extraordinary American who is an outstanding lawyer and played an integral role in the post-September 11th period in building bridges between the Muslim American community in this state and law enforcement,” Gov. Christie argued, adding that he was “disgusted, candidly, by some of the questions he was asked… at the Senate judiciary committee.”

But it was a follow-up question on the fear of Sharia Law that set the governor off. “Sharia Law has nothing to do with this at all, it’s crazy!” he cried. “The guy is an American citizen!” He concluded that the “Sharia Law business is just crap… and I’m tried of dealing with the crazies,” adding with disgust and frustration that “it’s just unnecessary to be accusing this guy of things just because of his religious background.”
<more>

That's a valid question we have to ask about Muslims now-a-days--even ones that were born and raised in this country. Are they Americans and abide by the laws of this country--or do they tend to go off of the tracks--to radical oppression of others--which is Sharia law.

Who knows-but with the incidents happening around this country--shootings at our military bases--planned attacks that have been broken up with American muslims involved in terrorists planned attacks on their own country. The questions come up.

Personally--It's very hard for me to just accept a Muslim in a position of authority--without looking at them 50 times. I go to the airport--and yes I still LOOK to see who is boarding with me--and I watch them.

It's unfortunate--because I know there are many Muslim Americans in our society--that think just like me--they are Americans before they are Muslim. It's just hard to distinguish the difference. And until American Muslims--start to openly outcry--the Muslims that shouldn't be in this country--and start acting like Americans while putting their religion on the back burner--it's not going to change.

I see this thread is being greeted with a heaping portion of grumpy rightwing silence.

lolol

Trying to imply that people of a certain position don't want to reply on a non real time message board is just poor form.

The best thing Christie has going for him is he speaks his mind. It may come out a bit rough but it sounds more like a normal person than a career politican. Only time will tell if he can maintain it.

If Obama wins re-election in 2012 I would think Christie would be a shoo-in for the 2016 nomination. While his social issue rankings with social conservatives is low, his fiscal conservative ranking is very high. All he has to go with is the whole 10th amendment thing and he would be able to deflect alot of the social issue stuff.

At this juncture, it may be more efficient to highlight which interactions between New Jersey Governor Chris Christie and the media are not newsworthy. The Republican’s appointment of Muslim-American Sohail Mohammed to a state bench this week ruffled some feathers among some who fear the threat of Sharia Law, but when asked about those concerns, Gov. Christie made clear he had no patience for such “ignorance,” calling the complaints “crap.”

“Ignorance is behind the criticism of Sohail Mohammed,” he told a reporter asking about the complaints that he may be inadequate to be a judge because he defended Muslim Americans who were wrongly arrested post-9/11. “He is an extraordinary American who is an outstanding lawyer and played an integral role in the post-September 11th period in building bridges between the Muslim American community in this state and law enforcement,” Gov. Christie argued, adding that he was “disgusted, candidly, by some of the questions he was asked… at the Senate judiciary committee.”

But it was a follow-up question on the fear of Sharia Law that set the governor off. “Sharia Law has nothing to do with this at all, it’s crazy!” he cried. “The guy is an American citizen!” He concluded that the “Sharia Law business is just crap… and I’m tried of dealing with the crazies,” adding with disgust and frustration that “it’s just unnecessary to be accusing this guy of things just because of his religious background.”
<more>

That's a valid question we have to ask about Muslims now-a-days--even ones that were born and raised in this country. Are they Americans and abide by the laws of this country--or do they tend to go off of the tracks--to radical oppression of others--which is Sharia law.

Who knows-but with the incidents happening around this country--shootings at our military bases--planned attacks that have been broken up with American muslims involved in terrorists planned attacks on their own country. The questions come up.

Personally--It's very hard for me to just accept a Muslim in a position of authority--without looking at them 50 times. I go to the airport--and yes I still LOOK to see who is boarding with me--and I watch them.

It's unfortunate--because I know there are many Muslim Americans in our society--that think just like me--they are Americans before they are Muslim. It's just hard to distinguish the difference. And until American Muslims--start to openly outcry--the Muslims that shouldn't be in this country--and start acting like Americans while putting their religion on the back burner--it's not going to change.

Those are the same questions and concerns we had about Japanese citizens before we locked them up.

Are they loyal to the emperor or to America?

<more>

What I don't get is why anyone would consider this guy would put his religion over the law. If he did, Christie wouldn't have nominated him. I wouldn't expect him to put America before his religion, however. Would a Chrsitian do that? It goes God, Family, Country, in that order, right?

There's precedent. The irony is it wasn't a Muslim judge who applied it. It was a bleeding heart liberal who believed that rape and torture was a religious right.

"This Sharia Law Business is Crap"

Really, Mr. Christie...? So i suppose the opposition to the Ground Zero mosque is "crap" as well....? How soon we forget which belief system attacked our country....and continues to do so...:evil:

Seems to me Christie is flapping his gums again without regard to the implications of what he is saying.....sure the guy he appointed may be just fine and until he attempts to create Sharia law he is innocent.....but to denigrate the public for their caution is plain stupid on Christie's part....

Sharia Law is not "crap".....it is an anti-Constitutional system of law obeyed within the whole Islamic structure and way of life....it is currently causing major problems in Europe....is that "crap" Mr. Christie...?

Sharia is creeping into our society just as it has in Europe although we are a few years behind them....Jihad in America in its many forms is a very real threat....Jihad does not just come in the form of the sword....it also comes in the form of the pen, the tongue, and the heart as well...the Muslim Brotherhood is very operational here in America....the judge you appointed Mr. Christie could very well be a stealth member of that group....

Islam is not solely a religion....it is a whole way of life that obeys Sharia Law...Sharia Law contradicts many of our Constiutional rights....especially for women....so anyone who supports Sharia Law here in America is anti-Constitutional and that is treasonous...

Would you all congratulate Christie if he said the same thing about Nazism....? If the guy was a believer in Nazism would you think his appointment appropriate...? Would Christie say "This Nazi Business is Crap"...?

Islam is not a religion of "peace"....it's a religion of "Jihad"....

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Really, Mr. Christie...? So i suppose the opposition to the Ground Zero mosque is "crap" as well....? How soon we forget which belief system attacked our country....and continues to do so...:evil:

Seems to me Christie is flapping his gums again without regard to the implications of what he is saying.....sure the guy he appointed may be just fine and until he attempts to create Sharia law he is innocent.....but to denigrate the public for their caution is plain stupid on Christie's part....

Sharia Law is not "crap".....it is an anti-Constitutional system of law obeyed within the whole Islamic structure and way of life....it is currently causing major problems in Europe....is that "crap" Mr. Christie...?

Sharia is creeping into our society just as it has in Europe although we are a few years behind them....Jihad in America in its many forms is a very real threat....Jihad does not just come in the form of the sword....it also comes in the form of the pen, the tongue, and the heart as well...the Muslim Brotherhood is very operational here in America....the judge you appointed Mr. Christie could very well be a stealth member of that group....

Islam is not solely a religion....it is a whole way of life that obeys Sharia Law...Sharia Law contradicts many of our Constiutional rights....especially for women....so anyone who supports Sharia Law here in America is anti-Constitutional and that is treasonous...

Would you all congratulate Christie if he said the same thing about Nazism....? If the guy was a believer in Nazism would you think his appointment appropriate...? Would Christie say "This Nazi Business is Crap"...?

If Sharia law is unconstitutional, what are you worried about?

And people say you guys are bigots. Where the heck would they ever get that idea? :lol:

Yes. Yes it is crap.

Yes. Yes it is crap.

yes i agree sharia is "crap"....but that was not the sense in which Christie was using the word "crap"....he was calling the public's concern about sharia "crap"...

just what we need.....another dhimmi politician....

Yes. Yes it is crap.

yes i agree sharia is "crap"....but that was not the sense in which Christie was using the word "crap"....he was calling the public's concern about sharia "crap"...

just what we need.....another dhimmi politician....

Please look at what I highlighted...I'll say it again to be clear....Opposition to the "Ground Zero mosque" is crap.

Forum List

Back