Christie: ‘This Sharia Law Business Is Crap’

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Christie Defends Appointing Muslim Judge: Video

At this juncture, it may be more efficient to highlight which interactions between New Jersey Governor Chris Christie and the media are not newsworthy. The Republican’s appointment of Muslim-American Sohail Mohammed to a state bench this week ruffled some feathers among some who fear the threat of Sharia Law, but when asked about those concerns, Gov. Christie made clear he had no patience for such “ignorance,” calling the complaints “crap.”

“Ignorance is behind the criticism of Sohail Mohammed,” he told a reporter asking about the complaints that he may be inadequate to be a judge because he defended Muslim Americans who were wrongly arrested post-9/11. “He is an extraordinary American who is an outstanding lawyer and played an integral role in the post-September 11th period in building bridges between the Muslim American community in this state and law enforcement,” Gov. Christie argued, adding that he was “disgusted, candidly, by some of the questions he was asked… at the Senate judiciary committee.”

But it was a follow-up question on the fear of Sharia Law that set the governor off. “Sharia Law has nothing to do with this at all, it’s crazy!” he cried. “The guy is an American citizen!” He concluded that the “Sharia Law business is just crap… and I’m tried of dealing with the crazies,” adding with disgust and frustration that “it’s just unnecessary to be accusing this guy of things just because of his religious background.”
<more>

Not necessarily. This is the first Indian-American judge in NJ and the 2nd Muslim. It's newsworthy.

Christie is a rock star outside the state. It seems his soundbites make Drudge every other day.

This judge seems like an excellent choice.

I wonder if Frank Gaffney will have remarks about this. He's got a real industry going with his "fear the sharia".

Mr. Mohammed was properly vetted. He was very helpful to the FBI post 9/11 and worked with Christie when he was a prosecutor. They are friends. Christie found the questions offensive, however it probably has more to do with their personal relationship, than with his support for Islam.

Sharia law was applied in a highly publicized rape case here in NJ. It was reversed, but people were concerned that this judge might be a Sharia Law advocate. The questions were not inappropriate. But hopefully everyone is comfortable with his answers. He is not a Sharia Law supporter.

Who cant love Chris Christie? All he has to do is announce and show up and he's the next Commander in Chief.

And imagine the simple campaign message.................

"You want 4 more years of 1% growth and no jobs or 4 years of 5% growth and millions of jobs? You want 4 more years of Hope and Change and historic job losses or 4 years of a booming economy?"

Last edited:
Christie is fiercely loyal to his friends and fiercely animous (sp?) toward his "enemies" That worked well for a prosecutor, but not so much for a politician. He's going to have to polish his rhetoric if he wants to join the big league. His soundbites may be refreshing, but it won't fly with people who want civility and bipartisan cooperation. I'm not even sure if he'll win a 2nd term as governor.

the thing that is sad is i see some posters in the forum putting the guy down because of his weight instead of what he does.....so far what i have heard of this guy he seems like a descent guy....

Christie Defends Appointing Muslim Judge: Video

At this juncture, it may be more efficient to highlight which interactions between New Jersey Governor Chris Christie and the media are not newsworthy. The Republican’s appointment of Muslim-American Sohail Mohammed to a state bench this week ruffled some feathers among some who fear the threat of Sharia Law, but when asked about those concerns, Gov. Christie made clear he had no patience for such “ignorance,” calling the complaints “crap.”

“Ignorance is behind the criticism of Sohail Mohammed,” he told a reporter asking about the complaints that he may be inadequate to be a judge because he defended Muslim Americans who were wrongly arrested post-9/11. “He is an extraordinary American who is an outstanding lawyer and played an integral role in the post-September 11th period in building bridges between the Muslim American community in this state and law enforcement,” Gov. Christie argued, adding that he was “disgusted, candidly, by some of the questions he was asked… at the Senate judiciary committee.”

But it was a follow-up question on the fear of Sharia Law that set the governor off. “Sharia Law has nothing to do with this at all, it’s crazy!” he cried. “The guy is an American citizen!” He concluded that the “Sharia Law business is just crap… and I’m tried of dealing with the crazies,” adding with disgust and frustration that “it’s just unnecessary to be accusing this guy of things just because of his religious background.”
<more>

What a brave thing to say....I applaud him for telling the truth. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

the thing that is sad is i see some posters in the forum putting the guy down because of his weight instead of what he does.....so far what i have heard of this guy he seems like a descent guy....

descent is kind of easy for a huge meatsack like this guy whatshisface. i hope he has functioning brakes.

also, whommmever is treating this creeping sharia business lightly, is most certainly a commie and wants to cut your head of with a scimitar, while raising taxes.

New Topics

Forum List

Back