Christians look to form new nation in U.S.

N

NewGuy

Same-sex marriage called last straw prompting plan for 1 state to secede.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=38571
One less star?

Calling the approval of same-sex marriage in Massachusetts "the straw that broke the camel's back," a group of Christian activists is in the beginning stages of an effort to have one state secede from the United States to become its own sovereign nation.

"Our Christian republic has declined into a pagan democracy," says Cory Burnell, president of ChristianExodus.org, a non-profit corporation based in Tyler, Texas. "There are some issues people just can't take anymore, and [same-sex marriage] might finally wake up the complacent Christians."

Burnell is leading the charge for a peaceful secession of one state from the union, and after originally considering Alabama, Mississippi and South Carolina due to their relatively small populations, coastal access, and the Christian nature of the electorate, Burnell says South Carolina has been selected as the target location.

The plan initially calls for at least 12,000 Christians willing to be active in political campaigns to move to the Palmetto State.

"We're not an invading force, we're reinforcements," Burnell tells WorldNetDaily, saying it would be a waste to move to liberal-minded states such as Massachusetts, New York or California where conservative votes would be diluted.

According to the ChristianExodus website, which is slated for a major relaunch next month, "Christians have actively tried to return our entire land to its moral foundation for more than 20 years. We can categorically say that absolutely nothing has been achieved. If you disagree, consider this:

Abortion continues against the wishes of many states

Children may not pray in our schools

The Bible is not welcome in schools except under strict federal guidelines

The 10 Commandments remain banned from public display

Sodomy is now legal and celebrated as 'diversity' rather than perversion

Preaching Christianity will soon be outlawed as 'hate speech'

More goodies in the article.

This is interesting. Perhaps this is what happens to the USA and this is why we are a non player in the end times.... perhaps we become so divided, we are no longer a viable force in the world.....

Originally posted by freeandfun1
This is interesting. Perhaps this is what happens to the USA and this is why we are a non player in the end times.... perhaps we become so divided, we are no longer a viable force in the world.....

The worst part is we could point to a bunch of reasons why that is, but only time will tell.

-The humorous part is that it doesn't matter the cause, we cannot stop it. And yet we try.

From an Eathly perspective, sad and upsetting.

From Gods perspective, a view of the depravity, ego and vanity of man.

It's inevitable when you consider that a portion of the 'righteous' feel that its necessary for everyone to believe the same or be persecuted. rigidity in its intolerance of anything that is remotely non-christian will only serve to divide the nation in even more severe forms.

Originally posted by NewGuy
The worst part is we could point to a bunch of reasons why that is, but only time will tell.

-The humorous part is that it doesn't matter the cause, we cannot stop it. And yet we try.

From an Eathly perspective, sad and upsetting.

From Gods perspective, a view of the depravity, ego and vanity of man.
Oh so true......

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
It's inevitable when you consider that a portion of the 'righteous' feel that its necessary for everyone to believe the same or be persecuted. rigidity in its intolerance of anything that is remotely non-christian will only serve to divide the nation in even more severe forms.
I understand your point but at the same time, you have to admit that non-Christians are just as, or even more intolerant.

I understand your point but at the same time, you have to admit that non-Christians are just as, or even more intolerant.

by all means, yes they are. It's just another example of the polarization of two sides unwilling to believe anything else other than their way is the only way.

by all means, yes they are. It's just another example of the polarization of two sides unwilling to believe anything else other than their way is the only way.
Not very comforting is it?

Not very comforting is it?

makes me feel like the character Kronk in 'emporers new groove'. The scene where he's talking to the squirrel as the translator for the squirrel and Izma. "I hate being in the middle".

Christian's 'cannot' believe there is any other way to God than thru Christ. For Christians to believe as you and others would have, their faith is worthless, because Christ would be a Liar.

:-/

Sucks. But Truth.

Originally posted by dilloduck
Jesus chose to live amongst the " sinners" .

Good point, but the question also arises as to wether or not we want to subject ourselves to overwhelming view of sin if it causes us to stumble. Jesus had adressed that point as well in that we are not to associate heavily with people in that regard.

It is like the "You are who you hang out with" kind of thing.

There is also the issue of keeping a Godly herritage going in America instead of letting it get flushed.

I don't know that I agree with the actions of those involved, but it makes you think.

It certainly will cause some debate. If the media chooses to make it an issue, it may even become a big debate. The creation of a Christian state---whew--glad they didn't pick Texas. If the secession fails, Christians might be seen as losers. Is he SURE he wants to fight this one??

Do you think the dems will portray the people as a minority of the republican party ? No--they will accuse the whole party of being like these people. Not a good thing.

I for one am sick and tired of all the moral decay, that started with slick willie getting a blow job in the Oval Office. That was an accelerant.

I hope that this moral decay is stopped, and even backed up. Why does America's metamorphosis have to be morally corrupt and perverted in direction?

Originally posted by Pale Rider
I for one am sick and tired of all the moral decay, that started with slick willie getting a blow job in the Oval Office. That was an accelerant.

I hope that this moral decay is stopped, and even backed up. Why does America's metamorphosis have to be morally corrupt and perverted in direction?

You cannot have a rapture if the world is already saved.

You are free to be morally corrupt or not. The bible and the constitution gives us the right to choose.

Correct but with cause and effect, God's plan waits until things take their course.

and the constitutions plan?

-Has been put on hold ever since people forgot who held the power.

Look around.

Point to anyone on this entire board but me who can show in the Constitution where there are mechanical processes for amending and showing the supreme court lower level than the Constitution its self with no recourse other than impeachment when a judge or lawmaker misbehaves.

Everyone justifies current corruption by accepting it in circular logic and forgets we have lost our power completely.

Can a corrupt unchecked government be taken back? Can it suddenly become morally PURE again?

-Not without God's intervention.

Considering the current timeline, how likely is it anyway?

Forum List

Back