Christians judge god as good. Gnostic Christians judge god as evil. Which religion is correct?

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012
Christians judge god as good. Gnostic Christians judge god as evil. Which religion is correct?

“The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.” Richard Dawkins.

I say shame on all Christians for not judging justly and being morally corrupt.

I offer as evidence of Yahweh’s corruption one simple fact. 1Peter 1:20 0 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

This is god setting a bribe price to reverse his usual justice of punishing the innocent to punishing the guilty. This shows his moral and ethical corruption. It also show Jesus as just as corrupt as he went along with it.

Gen3;22 Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil;
1 Thessalonians 5:21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.

What is your judgement?

Regards
DL

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

If the scripture is true & correct, then God is fully capable of evil, IMO

It is also possible that God is neither good nor evil, cruel nor kind. Evil for example arises in humans who have uncontrollable greed or pain or a dysfunctional mind that drives them to do bad things to other humans.

“The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.” Richard Dawkins.

I offer as evidence of Yahweh’s corruption one simple fact. 1Peter 1:20 0 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

This is god setting a bribe price to reverse his usual justice of punishing the innocent to punishing the guilty. This shows his moral and ethical corruption. It also show Jesus as just as corrupt as he went along with it.

What is your judgement?

Regards
DL

2e1e7a39b6a9908839f2e6eeaee305f1.jpg

God made good AND evil. So he is both.

Which god? The Christian satanic god or the Gnostic Christian god?

Yours is a faith based statement that does not tell us which religion has the best ideology.

Is your moral sense so poor that you cannot tell a good god from a satanic god?

Regards
DL

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

If the scripture is true & correct, then God is fully capable of evil, IMO

That would apply to all gods.

I mention two in the O.P.

Which one provides the best ideology?

Are you capable of making that moral judgement?

Regards
DL

It is also possible that God is neither good nor evil, cruel nor kind. Evil for example arises in humans who have uncontrollable greed or pain or a dysfunctional mind that drives them to do bad things to other humans.

True but that is not relevant to the question I posed.

Care to make your judgement known?

Regards
DL

What is your judgement?

Regards
DL

Yet Christians have judged their god as good.

Are they correct?

Regards
DL

Yours is a faith based statement that does not tell us which religion has the best ideology.

Regards
DL
I'm assuming that there is only one god, and god made everything. I didn't realize that you were a multi-theist.

Regards
DL
I'm assuming that there is only one god, and god made everything. I didn't realize that you were a multi-theist.

Jesus is god to many and he says he is one of many brethren.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

This thinking and predestination leads to -------

Divine Council - Wikipedia

Regards
DL

What is your judgement?

Regards
DL

Yet Christians have judged their god as good.

Are they correct?

Regards
DL

They have eh? Well I guess with our limited understanding hence limited vocabulary 'judged' is the best descriptor you can come up with......... Or are we simply shooting for a strawman here.......? Yup,must be the ole strawman in the pantry with meat cleaver trick. Carry on.

Regards
DL
It is relevant because I am disagreeing with the assumptions in your question that God MUST be either evil or good. I believe God is NEITHER evil nor good as those are concepts attributable to humans while God is above human frailty.

I made a big mistake letting my anger at God dominate me when I was a younger man. Sometimes, I would walk out of Mass because I was so angry.

How foolish I was, because I never gave him credit for the good things in my life.

God is there for you, always, and when you're angry at him, he understands that too.

Regards
DL
It is relevant because I am disagreeing with the assumptions in your question that God MUST be either evil or good. I believe God is NEITHER evil nor good as those are concepts attributable to humans while God is above human frailty.

Strange that the attributes I put on god, not that he exists, are all bogus while yours are not and are written with certainty.

You are judging what is above your own admitted frailty.

Quite the thinker you are. Not.

Regards
DL

I made a big mistake letting my anger at God dominate me when I was a younger man. Sometimes, I would walk out of Mass because I was so angry.

How foolish I was, because I never gave him credit for the good things in my life.

God is there for you, always, and when you're angry at him, he understands that too.

Thanks for the lies.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Strange that the attributes I put on god, not that he exists, are all bogus while yours are not and are written with certainty.

Regards
DL
You twist words into things they are not. I am not judging you or God or "Gnostic Christians" whoever they are. You made an assumption about God which I disagree with. That's all. Don't take things so personally DL.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
You twist words into things they are not. I am not judging you or God or "Gnostic Christians" whoever they are. You made an assumption about God which I disagree with. That's all. Don't take things so personally DL.

Time, not personal, is wasted time.

Solitaire is more rewarding, if that is your thing.

Regards
DL

The Bible says that God is Love. God so LOVED the world that he GAVE his only Son to SAVE us. That means God is GOOD.

Forum List

Back