Christians judge god as good. Gnostic Christians judge god as evil. Which religion is correct?

... What is your judgement?

My opinion is: You are an idiot. My belief is: The god who is logos is love (life) and reason (truth).

-----
“God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him”. These words from the First letter of John express with remarkable clarity the heart of the Christian faith: the Christian image of God and the resulting image of mankind and its destiny. In the same verse, Saint John also offers a kind of summary of the Christian life: “We have come to know and to believe in the love God has for us”.

We have come to believe in God's love: in these words the Christian can express the fundamental decision of his life. Being Christian is not the result of an ethical choice or a lofty idea, but the encounter with an event, a person, which gives life a new horizon and a decisive direction. Saint John's Gospel describes that event in these words: “God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should ... have eternal life”. In acknowledging the centrality of love, Christian faith has retained the core of Israel's faith, while at the same time giving it new depth and breadth. The pious Jew prayed daily the words of the Book of Deuteronomy which expressed the heart of his existence: “Hear, O Israel: the Lord our God is one Lord, and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul and with all your might”. Jesus united into a single precept this commandment of love for God and the commandment of love for neighbour found in the Book of Leviticus: “You shall love your neighbour as yourself”. Since God has first loved us, love is now no longer a mere “command”; it is the response to the gift of love with which God draws near to us.

In a world where the name of God is sometimes associated with vengeance or even a duty of hatred and violence, this message is both timely and significant.
-----

Pope Benedict XVI, deus caritas est

It is also possible that God is neither good nor evil, cruel nor kind. Evil for example arises in humans who have uncontrollable greed or pain or a dysfunctional mind that drives them to do bad things to other humans.

True but that is not relevant to the question I posed.

Care to make your judgement known?

Regards
DL
It is relevant because I am disagreeing with the assumptions in your question that God MUST be either evil or good. I believe God is NEITHER evil nor good as those are concepts attributable to humans while God is above human frailty.

Strange that the attributes I put on god, not that he exists, are all bogus while yours are not and are written with certainty.

You are judging what is above your own admitted frailty.

Quite the thinker you are. Not.

Regards
DL
You twist words into things they are not. I am not judging you or God or "Gnostic Christians" whoever they are. You made an assumption about God which I disagree with. That's all. Don't take things so personally DL.

Time, not personal, is wasted time.

Solitaire is more rewarding, if that is your thing.

Regards
DL
Time is wasted time and solitaire is more rewarding? Oh I get it we're talking in riddles.

Here's one, no door to this vault that hides the golden treasure within.

The Bible says that God is Love. God so LOVED the world that he GAVE his only Son to SAVE us. That means God is GOOD.

Good garbage.

Fresh off the press.

In God’s image. A.& E. as bright as a brick, like god. Too stupid and impotent to reproduce true, as humans do.

Thinking of women as an afterthought is proof that God is less than perfect, and is in fact; a fool.

Any fool planning a new species will know that you create a pregnant female first. God forgetting that shows stupidity. Not surprising for an impotent demiurge god.

Women are why men were created. That is why Satan is a female. God’s loyal opposition, In evolutionary terms, women control our evolution and standards of conduct.

God is Love, pffft, but he does not know true love, as expressed by works, deeds and reciprocity. Not even how to live the Golden Rule. Jesus would disavow Yahweh.

Jesus awaits his brethren in this and wishes a retry to seeking god.

Yahweh is not only immoral, he is stupid.

Even one of my low I.Q. and low moral sense sees that clearly.

Do you, Christian?

Regards

DL

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.

God made good AND evil. So he is both.

Which god? The Christian satanic god or the Gnostic Christian god?

Yours is a faith based statement that does not tell us which religion has the best ideology.

Is your moral sense so poor that you cannot tell a good god from a satanic god?

Regards
DL
I'm assuming that there is only one god, and god made everything. I didn't realize that you were a multi-theist.

Jesus is god to many and he says he is one of many brethren.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

This thinking and predestination leads to -------

Divine Council - Wikipedia

Regards
DL
So you don't dispute that god made evil. Good for you.

Yours is a faith based statement that does not tell us which religion has the best ideology.

Regards
DL
I'm assuming that there is only one god, and god made everything. I didn't realize that you were a multi-theist.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Regards
DL

He made you. You are evil. What's your problem?

I got this the first moment I figured out religion, you seem real slow at it guys, I mean you know it... Nobody asks Christians to judge God as good. God is saying whats good, its two sides in a war, I mean good is a category under he controls whats happening, nobody says in theology as if philosophy is making moral good systems. You guys got theories or whatever, the often quoted "belief", is more like a highly standard assumption, religion. "there's no lukewarm", for God or against God, there's a final battle, you're not 'to lean on your own understanding', god is top philosopher. As for gnostic rather than atheist means , doesn't care , not sure, atheist is a 'belief' Proposing no God.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

I can't get anyone here, except you, to agree that god made evil, they all have such bullshit responses, they must be a fan of your posts. :biggrin:

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

My god. Not your supernatural fantasy god.

If not our of evolution, where do you think evil comes from?

If not born from love, then where?

Regards
DL

I got this the first moment I figured out religion, you seem real slow at it guys, I mean you know it... Nobody asks Christians to judge God as good. God is saying whats good, its two sides in a war, I mean good is a category under he controls whats happening, nobody says in theology as if philosophy is making moral good systems. You guys got theories or whatever, the often quoted "belief", is more like a highly standard assumption, religion. "there's no lukewarm", for God or against God, there's a final battle, you're not 'to lean on your own understanding', god is top philosopher. As for gnostic rather than atheist means , doesn't care , not sure, atheist is a 'belief' Proposing no God.

Foolishness.

What do these tell you about who should decide on things?

Gen3;22 Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil;

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.

Strange that you would think that a god would give you a brain and then tell you not to use it.

Then again, that is what most brain dead people of all the revealed religions do.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

I can't get anyone here, except you, to agree that god made evil, they all have such bullshit responses, they must be a fan of your posts. :biggrin:

If you put man above god, where we belong given that we created all the gods, then all would agree with you. Keep referring to a supernatural garbage god and most will disagree forever.

That is how stupid too many of us are.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
God made everything in the universe, including evil. Didn't He?

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
God made everything in the universe, including evil. Didn't He?

God as a human, yes.

God as an imaginary supernatural entity. Only the fools will thing such a construct exists.

Regards
DL

'Gnosticism' is total rubbish. See Darrell Bock's The Missing Gospels for a complete take down of the Bauer school and Elaine Pagel's attempts at promoting the Nag Hammadi finds as having replaced orthodoxy, and with zero evidence to boot. the hippies and New Age loons like it, though; since they think it means they get to make up whatever idiotic claims they want and we're supposed to pretend they're valid n stuff.

And, for those who can't be bothered to actually read Genesis, or anything else, God never claims to make something out of nothing, he makes it all out of 'chaos', i.e. he merely creates order where it didn't exist before.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

God created everything. Also your lousy comments here? What are causing your words in our world? Good or evil things?

I also forgot to add that God never claimed to do it by himself, either; he had 'helpers', the Elohim, whoever they were, and that is a plural reference to a group.

Regards
DL

God created everything. Also your lousy comments here? What are causing your words in our world? Good or evil things?

God created the evil that mage people other people in ovens. So thank your creator for the Holocaust.

Regards
DL

God created the evil that mage people other people in ovens. So thank your creator for the Holocaust.

You wan your war of words.

'Gnosticism' is total rubbish. See Darrell Bock's The Missing Gospels for a complete take down of the Bauer school and Elaine Pagel's attempts at promoting the Nag Hammadi finds as having replaced orthodoxy, and with zero evidence to boot. the hippies and New Age loons like it, though; since they think it means they get to make up whatever idiotic claims they want and we're supposed to pretend they're valid n stuff.

Eh, we do not have talking serpents and donkeys so your statement applies more to your stupid Christian ideology that the sane and reality based Gnostic Christians.

Go play with your invisible supernotural playmates and let the intelligent people speak here.

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back