Only I can judge God. I is you if you choose to be.

I see old GIA is still at it.....you know me from another forum under a different name. Long time no see.

I am around a bit less but will not likely give this up altogether.

I like to learn but few around these sites know how to teach.

Regards
DL

Evil is not a creation, but an action.

I don't think so. I think evil is a perception. It is in the eye of the beholder.

I agree.
What is in the eye of the beholder or what he perceives is an action. Right?

Regards
DL[/QUOTE]

Not quite. No action is evil of itself. "Evil" is a term of judgment. The very same action can be simultaneously seen as evil and good, by different people. In reality, the true definition of "evil" is what the other guy is doing.

Personally, I don't believe in good or evil. There are only choices.

Evil is not a creation, but an action.

I don't think so. I think evil is a perception. It is in the eye of the beholder.

I agree.

Regards
DL

Not quite. No action is evil of itself. "Evil" is a term of judgment. The very same action can be simultaneously seen as evil and good, by different people.

I agree. As judged by both the winner and the loser.
In competitions, the winner will not see evil but the loser will.

In reality, the true definition of "evil" is what the other guy is doing.

The winner, yes.

[/QUOTE]

Hmm. In some senses yes.

No choice but to think evil has come your way if you are a woman who gives a still birth so I see exemptions to your rule even as she may choose to call that evil.
Strange would be a woman who would choose to think it good.

Regards
DL

I agree.

Regards
DL

Not quite. No action is evil of itself. "Evil" is a term of judgment. The very same action can be simultaneously seen as evil and good, by different people.

In reality, the true definition of "evil" is what the other guy is doing.

The winner, yes.

Hmm. In some senses yes.

No choice but to think evil has come your way if you are a woman who gives a still birth so I see exemptions to your rule even as she may choose to call that evil.

Regards
DL[/QUOTE]

Just because someone would not call something good does not make it evil. It is unfortunate, it is unhappy, but it is not evil.

That's another one of Satans' scams: Convincing you that YOU are a God!

Yes, Humans are capable of amazing things, but we are not and will never be Gods.

Then why do the scriptures say "Ye are gods"?

1Corinthians :6:19: What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

If you are not your own then you are owned by a slave owner. Is that what your God is?
If so, are you advocating slavery?

Shall we have a thumping war?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7g2msGqNNc]70 Jesus teaching, I am - YouTube[/ame]

Regards
DL

The winner, yes.

Hmm. In some senses yes.

Regards
DL

Just because someone would not call something good does not make it evil. It is unfortunate, it is unhappy, but it is not evil.[/QUOTE]

Ok. A stillborn child you would not see as an evil event.

Regards
DL

If I am made in God's image, does He have big lumpy dumps too? Lays major cable? :dunno:

The winner, yes.

Hmm. In some senses yes.

Regards
DL

Just because someone would not call something good does not make it evil. It is unfortunate, it is unhappy, but it is not evil.

Regards
DL[/QUOTE]

No. I wouldn't. How is it evil?

Yes, Humans are capable of amazing things, but we are not and will never be Gods.

LDS Christians disagree. They believe that they themselves can become gods, in effect. Plus they have one up on ancient Christians, having had more recent counsel with JC.

:)

Hmm. In some senses yes.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

No. I wouldn't. How is it evil?[/QUOTE]

If you need to be told then there is nothing I can tell you.

Regards
DL

LDS Christians disagree. They believe that they themselves can become gods, in effect. Plus they have one up on ancient Christians, having had more recent counsel with JC.

Take out fantasy, miracles and magic and just read the words and tell us what this mean to you?

Gen 3;22 And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us,

Regards
DL

Who gave Satan the power to deceive us and why?

Regards
DL

rather questionable isn't it, since the God of the big three claim that he is all powerfull and all knowing.Surely he would have destroyed all evil at the first.

Really? And what of free will?

Take out fantasy, miracles and magic and just read the words and tell us what this mean to you?

Regards
DL

The next line of scripture tells us what God meant......to know good and evil.

Regards
DL

No. I wouldn't. How is it evil?

If you need to be told then there is nothing I can tell you.

Regards
DL[/QUOTE]

I see. So a hurricane is evil, by your definition. An earthquake is evil. Since we are all destined to die, life itself is evil. An interesting perspective. Of course, it makes the word "evil" essentially meaningless.

Of course, if I needed to tell you that then there was little point in doing so.

Regards
DL

To me it means humans are remarkably creative-thinkers.

Who gave Satan the power to deceive us and why?

Regards
DL

rather questionable isn't it, since the God of the big three claim that he is all powerfull and all knowing.Surely he would have destroyed all evil at the first.

Really? And what of free will?

What about free will?

Tell us what happened the first time A & E showed they were autonomous and did their will instead of God's by eating of the tree of knowledge?

Did God murder them by neglect by forcibly keeping them from the tree of life?

Yes he did.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Thanks for showing everyone your sidestep.

Jesus asked, have ye forgotten that ye are Gods?
You have.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

You have.

Regards
DL

It's written that way. I did nothing but step in the middle of your agenda with the truth. That isn't the scripture Jesus was referring to. The scripture Jesus was referring to was Psalm 82:6

Last edited:

You have.

Regards
DL

It's written that way. I did nothing but step in the middle of your agenda with the truth. That isn't the scripture Jesus was referring to. The scripture Jesus was referring to was Psalm 82:6

You added to the quote. You did not answer the question posed.
That helps me more than anything I could say. Thanks.

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back