Christianity explained

The overarching message of Christianity is the worth of the individual.
Sure, that's why preists are sometimes referred to as shepherds and the congregation is a flock.

Because sheep are well known individualists.

Makes perfect sense, right?
The overarching message of Christianity is the kingdom.
Then why do the overwhelming majority of Christians defy the law of God and worship a human being which makes their acceptance into the kingdom impossible?

Apparently all the fish in the sea have died, just like it says so in the book of revelation.

They are being held hostage to the devil, at an undisclosed location in some dark dungeon in hell. They have been gagged and bound hand and foot and are awaiting the resurrection in mute nostril agony as life passes them by. They are compelled to gibber about being saved according to the script they are given, even though they were ruthlessly tortured and murdered when they were children.

The time will come, indeed it is already here, when death will be compelled to give up those in hells keeping..

Last edited:
I suspect that somewhere in the Amazon jungle, there are still people who have not heard of Christianity. So, for all of you intrepid explorers out there, here is what to tell them.

The real god created everything in heaven and earth, including people. but god gets really pissed off about certain things that people do. He calls that, "sin". God loves us all very much, but if we commit sin, we get sent to an eternity of torture and suffering. It is not really his fault. He could have made us all without the ability or desire to sin, but he wanted us to have free will. Now, we don't really have free will, because god knows everything in advance, including who is going to spend eternity in hell, and who is not, but it makes him feel better not being the one to make that decision, even though he did.

Every now and then, god used to kill almost everyone, because of sin, but that was when he was a jew, and demanded that we kill animals to make him happy. Then, he decided that he hated sin so much, that he had a boy child by a virgin. She wasn't really a virgin, because the people who translated these events confused the word "virgin" with "unmarried woman", but once they made that mistake, they were pretty much stuck with it. Now, Jesus is no longer a jew, but a christian, and his son, Jesus, was the only man to ever live without sin, so god decided to have him tortured to death, to make up for all the people who pissed him off. Then, he whispered in some old guy's ear that if people believed in Jesus, they will never really die, even though they were pretty much dead. To prove that point, he had Jesus resurrect a dead man. Now, if you ever get to New Orleans, you will hear about Voo Doo, and zombies, but Christianity is not like that at all. it is ...... different. Anyway, when Jesus came to realize that it was his father's wish to be nailed to a wooden cross and tortured to death, he decided that the event warranted a big dinner party, in which he told his followers to eat bread and wine, which was actually his flesh and blood. Now, I know this sounds like Christians are cannibals, but they are not. Cannibals only eat people. Christians only eat the son of god, after he had been nailed to a cross and tortured to death. There is a difference. Anyway, Christians do this at least once a month.

So, you too can be a christian if you believe in Jesus and eat his flesh and blood, and do other stuff, depending on what Christian tribe you belong to. If so, you can live forever, even though you are dead.

Hopefully, that is clear enough for you!

I prefer the Cliff Notes version myself, which is clearer still.

God, our Creator, loves each of us, is always with us--even through the dark times this life throws at us.

Tradition is decoration. Scripture is mere pointing. Only direct revelation can be held as substantiating faith. That, by definition, is ultimately intimate and non-transferable. All other forms of transmission amount to hearsay. This is what makes all religions based on scripture alone the same; what is superior to second hand information read in one book over another, when no objective facts or proof are present? Believing Mohammed is a choice. Believing Joseph Smith is a choice. Knowing what one has experienced is not the same.

Tradition is decoration. Scripture is mere pointing. Only direct revelation can be held as substantiating faith. That, by definition, is ultimately intimate and non-transferable. All other forms of transmission amount to hearsay. This is what makes all religions based on scripture alone the same; what is superior to second hand information read in one book over another, when no objective facts or proof are present? Believing Mohammed is a choice. Believing Joseph Smith is a choice. Knowing what one has experienced is not the same.
I once heard a rumor, mere hearsay, so I went to the source.

Guess what?

I found out it was true.

Tradition is fundamentalism, dispensationalism, and whatever other nonsense that was injected into the ecclesiastical mainstay these past two hundred years.

By tradition, I mean popular culture.

The true message of Christianity is that God loves you beyond anything you can imagine, and will give you an abundant eternal life with Him, in this life and forever.

The true message of Christianity is that God loves you beyond anything you can imagine, and will give you an abundant eternal life with Him, in this life and forever.
I agree, but eternal life begins on Earth. The kingdom of heaven is where life begins.

Tradition tells us that the Gospel is a message of personal redemption. Christ died so that our sins are forgiven and we can escape the wickedness of the earth and go to heaven. Tradition, sadly, is not quite right, and may even teach a gospel that is contrary to the truth.

The Gospel is the kingdom (Matt. 4:23, 24:14; Acts 8:12). That is explicitly what the Bible calls it. The Gospel of Jesus Christ (Mark 1:1) is the Gospel of his glory (2 Cor. 4:4). The glory of Christ is the kingdom of heaven, and the kingdom of heaven is the message of Christ's ministry. Not that when we die we escape the earth but rather that the kingdom is on the earth.

Christ's parables are about the Kingdom. In the Gospel according to Matthew, for example, the subject of virtually every parable is comparable to the kingdom of heaven. The kingdom may be compared to a man who sowed good seed or to a mustard seed or to leaven or to a hidden treasure or to a merchant in the market for pearls or to a fishing net. The kingdom is like a king who wishes to settle his accounts or a landowner in search of labor. You get the idea. The kingdom is the single, common thread in the parables. Jesus tells his disciples, in fact, that the secrets of the kingdom lie within his parables (Matt. 13:11).

The Gospel is the kingdom, and the kingdom is integral to New Testament theology, and even hinted at in the Old Testament.

Last edited:
A message indeed heard by very few Christians.

I don't think I have met a Christian yet who didn't know that. Are you just judging people you don't know, because it's what you WANT to think of them?
Christians for the most part when they seek to disadvantage through force of law those gay, transgender, Muslims, immigrants, and others they fear.

Christians are infamous for their hypocrisy.

A message indeed heard by very few Christians.

I don't think I have met a Christian yet who didn't know that. Are you just judging people you don't know, because it's what you WANT to think of them?
Christians for the most part when they seek to disadvantage through force of law those gay, transgender, Muslims, immigrants, and others they fear.

Christians are infamous for their hypocrisy.
Taken right out of the victim-protected class leftist handbook.

I forgot the part about the Trinity. Since Christianity first started, a lot of old men sat around for hundreds of years arguing about the nature of god. Since they had co opted the Jewish god, he had to be ONE god. but how can ONE god be a father, a son and a holy ghost, everywhere at once, all at the same time. Eventually, some old guy said, "Enough, already! There is only one god and he is three!" Everyone sat stunned for a while, until another old man shrugged his shoulders and said, "Makes about as much sense as anything thing else we have been arguing about for hundreds of years. Let's go get some Mogan David Wine." (old habits die hard) So, they did, and those Christians who still insisted that there could not be three gods, were killed, and everyone was happy.

I suspect that somewhere in the Amazon jungle, there are still people who have not heard of Christianity. So, for all of you intrepid explorers out there, here is what to tell them.

The real god created everything in heaven and earth, including people. but god gets really pissed off about certain things that people do. He calls that, "sin". God loves us all very much, but if we commit sin, we get sent to an eternity of torture and suffering. It is not really his fault. He could have made us all without the ability or desire to sin, but he wanted us to have free will. Now, we don't really have free will, because god knows everything in advance, including who is going to spend eternity in hell, and who is not, but it makes him feel better not being the one to make that decision, even though he did.

Every now and then, god used to kill almost everyone, because of sin, but that was when he was a jew, and demanded that we kill animals to make him happy. Then, he decided that he hated sin so much, that he had a boy child by a virgin. She wasn't really a virgin, because the people who translated these events confused the word "virgin" with "unmarried woman", but once they made that mistake, they were pretty much stuck with it. Now, Jesus is no longer a jew, but a christian, and his son, Jesus, was the only man to ever live without sin, so god decided to have him tortured to death, to make up for all the people who pissed him off. Then, he whispered in some old guy's ear that if people believed in Jesus, they will never really die, even though they were pretty much dead. To prove that point, he had Jesus resurrect a dead man. Now, if you ever get to New Orleans, you will hear about Voo Doo, and zombies, but Christianity is not like that at all. it is ...... different. Anyway, when Jesus came to realize that it was his father's wish to be nailed to a wooden cross and tortured to death, he decided that the event warranted a big dinner party, in which he told his followers to eat bread and wine, which was actually his flesh and blood. Now, I know this sounds like Christians are cannibals, but they are not. Cannibals only eat people. Christians only eat the son of god, after he had been nailed to a cross and tortured to death. There is a difference. Anyway, Christians do this at least once a month.

So, you too can be a christian if you believe in Jesus and eat his flesh and blood, and do other stuff, depending on what Christian tribe you belong to. If so, you can live forever, even though you are dead.

Hopefully, that is clear enough for you!
I see you're an expert in religious and cultural studies. Where'd you get your Masters? Burger King? :dunno:

As if he could actually get a degree... even from burger king.....

I think he'll settle for the crown
upload_2018-4-12_10-50-14.png

Meantime, the rapture is coming in a couple of weeks, so if Wells Fargo is reading this, they will know why my mortgage payment will not be in the mail.....

Biblical prophecy claims the Rapture is coming April 23, numerologist says
Are you planning on being taken up?

I hope so, because I am scheduled to be on a commercial aircraft at the time, and The pilots are well connected themselves......

Ahh so you are getting a head start to the clouds. Very clever..

Pack an extra pair of underwear,, just in case there aren't any stores up there...

This is a quotation from Jesus that certainly tells me a lot about him and us:
from the K. J. version (just for the spirit of English from that period)

"8Now in the morning as he returned into the city, he hungered. 19And when he saw a fig tree in the way, he came to it, and found nothing thereon, but leaves only, and said unto it, Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever. And presently the fig tree withered away.

20And when the disciples saw it, they marvelled, saying, How soon is the fig tree withered away! 21Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done. 22And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive."

Forum List

Back