Christian Tenets/Principles this Country's founded on...

Say nothing of my religion. It is known to God and myself alone.
Thomas Jefferson
3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

Do also recall that many of the FF were FreeMasons. Washington worn sworn into office while wearing his Masonic apron.

Last edited:
I never claimed that the tenets were strewn, word for word, throughout the founding documents.

I know about separation of church and state..also based upon the Christian tenet of free will, btw.

Well...if these so-called christian tenets are in our founding of our country....they would be in our documents and our actions as a nation, wouldn't they?

As for "strewn, word for word"...you can't even give us ONE example yet. Not one. Just lip service paid by some of our founders...the same guys who we can find examples of them saying just the opposite. Talk...just talk.

I know about separation of church and state..also based upon the Christian tenet of free will, btw.

Free will? Is putting a gun to your head allowing you to make your own decisions? No. And what is a gun compared eternal burning in liquid fire?

If I can see the future, then it cannot be changed. Predetermination and free will are mutually exclusive.

If I harden Pharaoh's heart so i can use him as a plot device, am I letting him exercise his free will? No.

Life
liberty
pursuit of happiness

You can run down the list of the top 10

no entangling alliances - those that live by the sword...

There's more than just a few.

But since men are highly flawed...

But...are those CHRISTIAN Tenets?

I think you are confusing christian with catholic church.

Most, if not all the founders were protestants.

Are what I listed just christian tenants? no idea, I'm not at all familiar with non-christian faith.

If you really wanted to know, it would take some work. Search qoutes in the Constitution then search the bible.

It shouldn't be overly hard online.

Actually most were Deist or agnostic... I suspect those who were 'Christian' were likely faking it for political reasons.

Oh, how things have changed.

Of course. The founding fathers were patterning the US on Indian societal norms...that's why they said they were applying Christian values.

Jesus.

Here, Allie, become less ignorant. Of course, you will not read this, but for others, it is an interesting read into the origins of much of our government practices.

By the way, Allie, do you know the origin of the words, in relation to government, of Quorum, or Whip? On the latter, every been to a Powwow?

Forum List

Back