Christian Tenets/Principles this Country's founded on...

And the Declaration of Independence, she claims, is NOT a foundation document.

Though I always thought a foundation is something upon which you lay a structure...in which case the Declaration, which states the intentions of the colonies, is most certainly a foundation upon which the Constitution and this country rests...but according to Bod the Declaration is meaningless and has nothing to do with the foundation of our government.

Give unto Caesar what is Caesar's.

Or render... Whatever that means.. :lol:

I don't think we need to make a list of Christian tenets this country was founded on in order to know that religious men founded this nation, and further that the spirit in which they created our Constitution was indeed influenced by their religious notions of liberty and justice for all, thus insuring individual freedom and specifically a separation of Church and State.

Liberals founded this nation. It was founded on Liberal principles, not Christian ones. The language of Locke was the language of the Founders.

Their notions of liberty and justice came not from the bible (well, maybe the bit about supporting slavery), but from the Liberal ideology they adhered to.

Now she will argue that those are not particular to Christianity, therefore the founding fathers were lying.

The most basic Christian tenet:

We derive liberty from God, not man, and therefore no man should grant or remove liberty.

Last edited:
Now she will argue that those are not particular to Christianity, therefore the founding fathers were lying.

We derive liberty from God, not man, and therefore no man should grant or remove liberty.

I would hope those aren't exclusive to christianity ;).

If someone were to make that statement I would say "Yes they aren't specific to christianity but they are christian principles, our founders were of various sects of the christian faith, and these are also founding principles that the founders made sure to write into the constitution and preamble"

:)

Last edited:

Um, no. Christianity is naturally antagonistic toward liberty. Simply look at the christian concept of paradise (heaven): totalitarian theocracy where anyone who dissents, does not obey 100%, or fails to worship the king is sentenced to a punishment worse than death (eternal lake of fire).

Um, no. Christianity is naturally antagonistic toward liberty. Simply look at the christian concept of paradise (heaven): totalitarian theocracy where anyone who dissents, does not obey 100%, or fails to worship the king is sentenced to a punishment worse than death (eternal lake of fire).

which sect of christianity preaches that?

Whatever one it is i'm glad my faith in God doesn't believe that type of stuff.

Any religion is...which is why religion is left out of the constitution.

That doesn't change the fact that the founding fathers structured the country using Christian principles. I mean, they said they did, we really have no choice but to believe them.

Who knows, the sect in his head.
The founding fathers approached it from a New Testament perspective....they incorporated the basic concept of Christianity, derived from the NT, and left out the doctrine.

And of course it's based on Christian tenets. All the founding fathers said so, and not even the Obama himself contradicts this well known fact.
It's easy to dress anything up in religious clothing.

The reality is that the FF were Liberals and it was the ideology if Liberalism, not some neochristian religion that guided them as they forged the social contract codified in COTUS.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter what you see them as. Truth is not subject to your distorted filter. The truth is, they were experienced by the founding fathers as CHRISTIAN tenets...

As your messiah stated himself.

really ? that interesting when jefferson wrote a sheik that America is not a christian country but one that honors all . ya ya I editorialized ,
tenets of christianity you are talking is bull shit , you excepted slavery is lagiutant , do not steel do not screw my wife , do not purger your self about your neighbor , theses are ancient rules, is a society . the only premise or commandment is don't worship other gods before you talk to me . and he was talking to the jews not you !

the constitution was based on britains Maegan carta .
no were in christianity does it's a all men are created equal , nothing is mentioned about being free .
how dare you question the church but our constitution encourages it .

you cant be serious about our tenets are based on christian values ,
they have none .

You mean the ancient rules that came from the 10 Commandments?
The what? You refer to the short-version of the code given after the fliff notes version of the Epic of Gilgamesh?

America was founded on Sumerian values?

This thread and others are overflowing with the statements of the founding fathers who SAID THEY WERE BUILDING A COUNTRY UPON CHRISTIAN TENETS.

I believe today that my conduct is in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator.

So... Christian tenants include genocide? Or it's easy to dress things up in religious garb and common because it makes good propaganda?

Every single one that uses the Christian bible. Ever read it?

Read the descriptions of heaven and the 'special treat' the 144,00 are 'lucky' enough to enjoy. Read what awaits all those who do not properly believe. The fortunate ones face the 'outer darkness'. The rest get the eternal lake of fire.
Then you believe a false doctrine, as Jesus warned. You walk the broad and winding path to damnation.

Forum List

Back