Christian Tenets/Principles this Country's founded on...

Good grief.

So because you hate Christianity, you are making the argument that the founding fathers didn't structure the country as they said they were?

Is that what you're saying? Because I'm having a hard time getting through your saliva-flecked rhetoric to figure out what your point is.

you hate Christianity
?
you are making the argument that the founding fathers didn't structure the country as they said they were?

They might have thought they were Christians, but they were not. Not any more than Catholics or the Hutaree. If they accepted Christ and followed the bible, they would never have rebelled against the king God had placed in a position of authority to rule over them.

They were Liberals. They adhered to the ideology of Liberalism and theirs was the language of Locke. They founded a nation founded not on Christian principles, but on Liberal principles. it's not my faulot you're to dense to grasp such a simple thing.

They dressed it up in religious garb for their own purposes, both to avoid cognitive dissonance and because it makes great propaganda.

Anyone can wrap their words and actions up in the language of religion:
I believe today that my conduct is in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator.

Do you know who said that? Do you also believe this person must have founded their nation on Christian principles because (s)he claimed so?

Life
liberty
pursuit of happiness

You can run down the list of the top 10

no entangling alliances - those that live by the sword...

There's more than just a few.

But since men are highly flawed...

But...are those CHRISTIAN Tenets?

I think you are confusing christian with catholic church.

Most, if not all the founders were protestants.

Are what I listed just christian tenants? no idea, I'm not at all familiar with non-christian faith.

If you really wanted to know, it would take some work. Search qoutes in the Constitution then search the bible.

It shouldn't be overly hard online.

Last I checked...Catholic = Christian

This thread and others are overflowing with the statements of the founding fathers who SAID THEY WERE BUILDING A COUNTRY UPON CHRISTIAN TENETS. They said it over and over. And over. And all those quotes (well many of them, not all...the site would crash) are here.

She's sticking to her guns..the founding fathers were deliberately lying when they said they were forming a nation based upon Christian values.

And YOU SAY you are a Christian....but saying and being are two different things, aren't they?

Where is the Christianity in our Founding document, the Constitution? Where is the Christianity is our country's acts as a nation?

Talk is cheap...as we can see from a great deal of your posts. Where is the EVIDENCE that our country was founded on Christian tenets? Where are they in our documents and acts, Allie?

Are what I listed just christian tenants? no idea, I'm not at all familiar with non-christian faith.

If you really wanted to know, it would take some work. Search qoutes in the Constitution then search the bible.

Um, no. Quite the opposite

Now she will argue that those are not particular to Christianity, therefore the founding fathers were lying.

The most basic Christian tenet:

We derive liberty from God, not man, and therefore no man should grant or remove liberty.
Um, no. Christianity is naturally antagonistic toward liberty. Simply look at the christian concept of paradise (heaven): totalitarian theocracy where anyone who dissents, does not obey 100%, or fails to worship the king is sentenced to a punishment worse than death (eternal lake of fire).

complete and utter non-sense.

Please don't use pretend as a basis for a disagreement.

And of course it's based on Christian tenets. All the founding fathers said so, and not even the Obama himself contradicts this well known fact.
It's easy to dress anything up in religious clothing.

The reality is that the FF were Liberals and it was the ideology if Liberalism, not some neochistian religion that guided them as they forged the social contract codified in COTUS.

It's idiotic crap like that, that keeps me from taking you seriously.

Now she will argue that those are not particular to Christianity, therefore the founding fathers were lying.

We derive liberty from God, not man, and therefore no man should grant or remove liberty.
Um, no. Christianity is naturally antagonistic toward liberty. Simply look at the christian concept of paradise (heaven): totalitarian theocracy where anyone who dissents, does not obey 100%, or fails to worship the king is sentenced to a punishment worse than death (eternal lake of fire).

Christianity and Freedom were not compatable at one time. JB is right about that. But modern Christianity is compatable...let's not pretend that Christianity has not changed in the last 200 years to fit the new fangled form of government, democracy, which is spreading thru out the world.

This is why the Quakers were so reviled 300 years ago...they actually believed in equality and preached it...and got in a world of shit over it.

It appears to be JB's premise that if the foundation were Christian, then the FF must have wanted to promote..what, slavery? Murder?

And since that didn't happen..what, then the foundation obviously isn't based on Christian values and the founding fathers were liars.

I guess. It's too crazy really to put into words, but it's the same tripe that Bod is peddling.

Catholics are christians
The catholic church is a vast organisation

Christianity and Freedom were not compatable at one time. JB is right about that. But modern Christianity is compatable...let's not pretend that Christianity has not changed in the last 200 years to fit the new fangled form of government, democracy, which is spreading thru out the world.

This is why the Quakers were so reviled 300 years ago...they actually believed in equality and preached it...and got in a world of shit over it.

The Quakers weren't reviled by the founding fathers, and the Baptists played a HUGE part in the determination that there would be no state religion.

What other lies do you want to spew?

So you deny that God rules in heaven?

Or that anyone who does not accept him and obey his commandments is a sinner?

Or that sinners shall not enter heaven?

Or that the bible teaches us that sinners meet the Outer Darkness or the Lake of Fire, where there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth?

Or that the 144,000 shall have a place before the throne, worshipping and singing praises to god?

ok, lets say you are 100% correct. There is no religion tenants that America is based on.

What did they base it on?

The only other democracy in all of recorded history was ancient Greece.

Is that what we are based on?

And of course it's based on Christian tenets. All the founding fathers said so, and not even the Obama himself contradicts this well known fact.
It's easy to dress anything up in religious clothing.

The reality is that the FF were Liberals and it was the ideology if Liberalism, not some neochistian religion that guided them as they forged the social contract codified in COTUS.

It's idiotic crap like that, that keeps me from taking you seriously.
you prefer the prefix pseudo-?

"The largest Quaker communities were in the parts of Pennsylvania and New Jersey centered around Philadelphia. The English Quaker William Penn founded the city in 1682 as a refuge for his coreligionists and guaranteed religious toleration and freedom of conscience in the colony’s frame of government. By the 1750s, Philadelphia was a large city, remarkable for its ethnic and religious diversity. Quakers mingled on the streets with Scots-Irish Presbyterians, English Congregationalists, Swedish Lutherans, Dutch Reformed Protestants, German Moravians, Anglicans, and even Roman Catholics. If Quakers were religiously just one group among many tolerated equals, socially and politically they were Pennsylvania’s first citizens. The colonial government concentrated political power in Quaker hands. The city’s commerce was similarly focused on the tight networks of Quaker families on both sides of the Atlantic that controlled shipping and trade and made the Quakers’ countinghouses at least as important as their meetinghouses. "

http://www.encyclopedia.com/topic/Quakers.aspx

Forum List

Back