christian polling group finds Atheists divorce less than xtians

Why don't you honestly state your point instead of hiding behind some BS article? Is it that Christians are hypocrites while atheists are not? Do YOU believe that divorce is bad? If so, why? Do YOU believe in morality? If so, what is its source? Do you believe in a supreme being or do you believe that humans are the highest form of intelligence in the universe? (If you "don't know," you are an agnostic, not an atheist.)
Not hiding...stating the facts. Yes the majority of xtians are hypocrites. Divorce isn't bad if its for the right reason..marriage is hard what else is new? Doesn't mean you give up...my parents were divorced it sucked for us kids...but I understood why. I think morality is something you learn from life experiences not something you are born with or get from some religion. Humans are the highest form of IQ yes. No I do not believe in ANY higher being.
sounds like you have a common sense issue.

Why are you frightened to spell out the word Christian?
Do you also use the word G-d?
I'm not. It irritates some of the xtians here.
If you are an evangelical with a woman and kids in the house? You're married. Not 65% of the time! ALL OF THE TIME!

Otherwise the Pastor and entire church congregation would be at your front door! lol....
Wow...so full of shit. My mother had 5 kids and has been divorced 3 or 4 times...so at many times there was no guy in the house....no church beat down her door.

The actual Barna Group study is far different from what atheists claim Barna said.

https://www.barna.org/barna-update/family-kids/42-new-marriage-and-divorce-statistics-released

Thirty percent of atheists and agnostics had been married and subsequently divorced. However, the three-point difference from the national average was within the range of sampling error, suggesting that their likelihood of experiencing a dissolved marriage is the same as that of the population at-large. A representative from Barna also pointed out the atheists and agnostics have lower rates of marriage and a higher likelihood of cohabitation, a combination of behaviors that distort comparisons with other segments.

A couple of comments here:

1.) Correlation doesn't equal causation.

2.) Neither article linked to the study in question so none of us can analyze its methodology to ensure that it was a robust enough model, or to even see if it tries to cite religious beliefs at all as causal variables or merely seeks to correlate two data sets.

And based on Katz post it doesn't look like they had any methodology outside of simply correlating data which would make it an interesting read, but not particularly enlightening or robust.

It isn't even a "study" really, it is merely a compilation of primary data for use in studies.

Last edited:
Why don't you honestly state your point instead of hiding behind some BS article? Is it that Christians are hypocrites while atheists are not? Do YOU believe that divorce is bad? If so, why? Do YOU believe in morality? If so, what is its source? Do you believe in a supreme being or do you believe that humans are the highest form of intelligence in the universe? (If you "don't know," you are an agnostic, not an atheist.)
Not hiding...stating the facts. Yes the majority of xtians are hypocrites. Divorce isn't bad if its for the right reason..marriage is hard what else is new? Doesn't mean you give up...my parents were divorced it sucked for us kids...but I understood why. I think morality is something you learn from life experiences not something you are born with or get from some religion. Humans are the highest form of IQ yes. No I do not believe in ANY higher being.
Why are you frightened to spell out the word Christian?
Do you also use the word G-d?
If you are an evangelical with a woman and kids in the house? You're married. Not 65% of the time! ALL OF THE TIME!

Otherwise the Pastor and entire church congregation would be at your front door! lol....
Wow...so full of shit. My mother had 5 kids and has been divorced 3 or 4 times...so at many times there was no guy in the house....no church beat down her door.

Was you mother a Fundamentalist Bible believing Christian who attended church regularly?

The actual Barna Group study is far different from what atheists claim Barna said.

https://www.barna.org/barna-update/family-kids/42-new-marriage-and-divorce-statistics-released

Thirty percent of atheists and agnostics had been married and subsequently divorced. However, the three-point difference from the national average was within the range of sampling error, suggesting that their likelihood of experiencing a dissolved marriage is the same as that of the population at-large. A representative from Barna also pointed out the atheists and agnostics have lower rates of marriage and a higher likelihood of cohabitation, a combination of behaviors that distort comparisons with other segments.

Population Segment Have Been Divorced No. of Interviews

All adults 33% 3792

Evangelical Christians 26% 339
Non-evangelical born again Chrisitans 33% 1373
Notional Christians 33% 1488
Associated with non Christian faith 38% 197
Atheist or agnostic 30% 269
All born again Christians 32% 1712
All non born again Christians 33% 2080

Protestant 34% 1997
Catholic 28% 875

Upscale 22% 450
Downscale 39% 367

White 32% 2641
African-American 36% 464
Hispanic 31% 458
Asian 20% 128

Conservative 28% 1343 :lol:
Moderate 33% 1720
Liberal 37% 474

never mind, an honest poster just proved you wrong and/or a liar.

Was you mother a Fundamentalist Bible believing Christian who attended church regularly?

we have a no family rule

Yes.

Christian Polling Group Finds Atheists Divorce Less Than Christians | The New Civil Rights Movement

An Evangelical Christian pollster finds that atheists commit less crimes, divorce less, and are better educated than their fellow Christians

:eek: NO! Can't be! :razz:

This is hardly a surprise. US institutional Christianity as a subculture is about as far from the teachings of Jesus Christ as it is possible to get and still claim adherence to the faith. It is comprised primarily in the US right wing. It values guns and military more than Biblical lovingkindness, and considers things like supporting the poor and eliminating poverty "liberalism" and "progressive" which it defines as undesirable. There is more love as defined in Scripture to be found in the secular mindset than in organized Western Christianity.

This is nothing new in history and is common to most institutional world religions. The Old Testament is just as angry, destructive and warlike as today's extremist Islam. Read it - for instance the book of Deuteronomy.

Population Segment Have Been Divorced No. of Interviews

All adults 33% 3792

Evangelical Christians 26% 339
Non-evangelical born again Chrisitans 33% 1373
Notional Christians 33% 1488
Associated with non Christian faith 38% 197
Atheist or agnostic 30% 269
All born again Christians 32% 1712
All non born again Christians 33% 2080

Protestant 34% 1997
Catholic 28% 875

Upscale 22% 450
Downscale 39% 367

White 32% 2641
African-American 36% 464
Hispanic 31% 458
Asian 20% 128

Conservative 28% 1343 :lol:
Moderate 33% 1720
Liberal 37% 474

never mind, an honest poster just proved you wrong and/or a liar.

any time you want to man the fuck up and admit you're a fool?

nah, don't worry about it, you're not the first tool to get pwnd by me and you won't be the last.

working smildon over now on his fracking thread

LMAO....ROFL...oh shit that's funny...logic of a xtian.Did you read the article? Love it.

Sounds like you are having a seizure. Did you forget to take your meds?:cuckoo:
I just find it laughable you xtians do whatever you can to refute evidence...
So you are a moral atheist without believing in God who is the author of Morality. lol. Interesting concept you have there. Continue. This is amusing to say the least!

-Jeri

So this moral being that would be the same one that
Horrible God | The evil that God does
Murders people indiscriminately? Stones people to death? Floods the earth? Yeah...such a moral being there...you must be full blown retard to think someone can't be moral unless they are religious.

Always take the farhtest out wacko statements to prove a teeny tiny point that is not even germane to the issue at hand.

The reason the divorce rate is higher is that there are so few gay marriages, Homer Simpson.

Christian Polling Group Finds Atheists Divorce Less Than Christians | The New Civil Rights Movement

An Evangelical Christian pollster finds that atheists commit less crimes, divorce less, and are better educated than their fellow Christians

Intellectually honest people would be too embarrassed to cite such an obviously biased source. They would also realize that Christians are much more likely to get married instead of having children out of wedlock, hence a higher divorce rate (if true).

You think Christians don't have children out of wedlock? Given the fact they try not to teach sex ed to their kids? I wonder what Sarah would say?

Intellectually honest people would be too embarrassed to cite such an obviously biased source. They would also realize that Christians are much more likely to get married instead of having children out of wedlock, hence a higher divorce rate (if true).

They also tend to marry younger, and younger marriages divorce at a higher rate than those that wait until a little older.

Not surprising, honestly.

That handycapped lied and isn't man enough to admit that he got caught?

true, most people on the net don't admit they are to dumb to check the facts.

like yourself.

You think Christians don't have children out of wedlock? Given the fact they try not to teach sex ed to their kids? I wonder what Sarah would say?

Do you understand the term "more likely?" :eusa_think:

Do you understand the term "more likely?" :eusa_think:

unlikely.

but if he does, he won't admit his mistake.

Forum List

Back