Christian Parents Physically Attack Gay Son Before Disowning Him

The horror of a child ambushing his parents like this, with aforethought. Shame on the kid for releasing the video. Talk about narcissism.

The kid was afraid for himself BEFORE he approached his parents, which is why he filmed. For his own protection, and thank God he did.

This was a set-up from the get-go. No one needs to film an event like this. If he feared violence then he didn't have to come out until he was an adult and on his own - there, no violence and no problem.

I haven't watched the video because the voyeurism aspect of this bothers me and now that I realize the kid is a scammer I'm sickend by his manipulation of this event.

But hey, he's got himself a $90,000 slush fund now. Manipulative little prick. Setting up a camera to film this highly charged affair. He knew exactly what was going to happen, he knew what his parents' reactions would be and he released it to to the world. Who knows how he primed his parents before the camera rolled.

Parents are stupid and the kids a sleaze. He's 19 and his parents have every right to kick him out and disown him. Squarely their choice.

Any parent who disowns their child is not a parent.
A pretty convoluted argument aside, we do not know anything except the kid is 19 and was living with his parents. On the face of it, his parents are intolerant and the kids actions were pretty sleazy.

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT
So you think its acceptable for parents to assault their own child?

I'm not going to watch the video on principle but you can describe the event if you want. I'm going to assume that the parents were shocked by the news.

So did the parents set out to assault the kid or was this a reaction like someone scaring you and you reflexively punch them in the face? See, if the parents knew and then the kids shows up to pick up his suitcase and they punch and kick him, then they're out of line, but if he surprised them, then I'm more understanding though still not excusing the violence.

The thing of it is that a kid who comes out gay essentially destroys the dreams the parents had for the kid and themselves. They see a future with grandchildren, family patterns being carried forward into the future, a continuation of themselves in the child and his children and instead they get a future where their son stands a good chance of becoming a walking disease factory, living a life of hedonism and with religious parents you get the entire overlay of sin and hell and ex-communication from the religious community. A total rejection of every damn thing that the parents stood for and how they lived their life. That's a massive shock to hit someone with.

This kid reminds me of the girl who sued her parents:

A high school senior's lawsuit against her mother and father for financial support and college tuition hit a hurdle Tuesday when a New Jersey judge denied the teenager's request for immediate financial assistance from the parents.

Rachel Canning, 18, alleges in her lawsuit that her parents forced her out of their Lincoln Park, New Jersey home, and that she is unable to support herself financially. The lawsuit asks that her parents pay the remaining tuition for her last semester at her private high school, pay her current living and transportation expenses, commit to paying her college tuition and pay her legal fees for the suit she filed against her parents.

Her parents say she left home because she didn't want to obey their rules.​

In the first words on the video, the mother says she has known the boy was gay "since you were a tiny little boy."

She admits to him right there, she knew, in essence, he was was born gay.

Then she berates him for the rest for the "choice" he made to be gay.

Sick parents. Disowning him, beating him. Good for him to be out of that cancerous hellhole of intolerance.

So you think its acceptable for parents to assault their own child?

I'm not going to watch the video on principle but you can describe the event if you want. I'm going to assume that the parents were shocked by the news.
....The full transcript was provided:

Mum: Daniel, I want to tell you before I say anything else, that I love you. And I know that you don’t want to believe that. But it is true.

Daniel: I believe it.

Mum: And I have known that you were gay since you were a tiny little boy.

Daniel: Then you would know at this point it’s not a choice.

Mum: And, you have made a choice

Daniel: I have not made a choice.

Mum: Evidently, from what you’ve told your daddy,

Daniel: I have not made a choice. I have NOT made a choice. I have been from the moment I come out of my mother’s uterus, I have been that way. Probably long before I came out of your uterus.

Mum: No. You can deny it all you want to, but I believe in the word of god and god creates nobody that way. IT’s the path that you have chosen to choose. Alright. You believe it the way you want to believe it. I cannot change that.

Daniel: This is the way I’ll put that part: I have taken basic biology and psychology, and it’s determined within the first 6 weeks of birth what your personality’s going to be, and that’s part of your personality and you cannot change it. That’s the scientific proof, not based off of a book.

Mum: Well, you go by all the scientific stuff you want to. I’m going by the word of god.

Daniel: Well, scientific proof trumps the word of god.

Mum: No, it doesn’t in my opinion.

Daniel: Well in my opinion it does because there’s scientific proof.

Mum: I’m not going to argue that point with you. I’m going to tell you that you have chosen that path. We WILL NOT support you any longer. You will need to move out and find wherever you can to live. And do what you want to, because I will not let people believe that I condone what you do.

Daniel: Okay. Well, I will be out by Thursday night at midnight how about that? I’ll be completely out and you’ll never, ever have to see me again.

Mum: If that’s the way you choose it, that’s fine.

Daniel: That’s not what I’m choosing. I’m doing what you’re telling me to do. And you’re disowning me. So that proves how much of a person you are. In fact, can I live in your basement, since it’s your house and you’re my mother?

(pause)

Daniel: Really? So all of that support you told me about?

Mum: Oh I support you. I don’t support what you do. Because I don’t believe in what you do.

Grandmother: We don’t support your habit.

Mum: And I have a lot of friends that are gay. But they’re friends. They’re not related to me.

Daniel: See, that’s not what you told me that day on the couch. That doesn’t seem very motherly to me.

Mum: And to summon your dad. And to tell him that he’s a racist and that your dad didn’t raise you? Your dad’s gone to bat for you for the last 20 years of your life. That man’s put a roof over your head, he’s put food on you table.

Daniel: That’s not raising.

Mum: You say that none of these people have raised you? You’re full of shit. And you told me on the phone that you made that choice. You know you wasn’t born that way. You know damn good and well you made that choice. You know that this man has done everything he can to raise you and you told me right on that damn phone that that was a choice you made and that he didn’t need to blame himself. So don’t fill these people full of bullshit Daniel.

Daniel: You’re twisting my words!

- Physical altercation (Daniel has said his mother punched him repeatedly in the face) -

Daniel: Get off of me! What’s wrong with you?!?

Dad: You’re a damn queer you fucking shit!

Mum: You don’t tell lies on me you piece of shit!

Daniel: I didn’t! I trusted you!

Mum: You’ve never trusted me! You’ve started more shit with me than anybody. I’ll beat your fucking ass.

Daniel: I can’t believe you’re my own mother! What’s wrong with you people!

Dad: No. What’s wrong with you?

Daniel: NO. What is wrong with you people!

Dad: No what’s wrong with you? You run your mouth on Facebook about me? I’ve done everything in the world – everything in the world for you.

Daniel: I haven’t run my mouth about you at all.

Dad: The hell you haven’t. … You’re a disgrace.

Daniel: I’m not a disgrace.

Dad: Yeah you are.

Daniel: No. I’m not.

Dad: Unfortunately, I’m sorry to say, that you are.

Thanks for the transcript.

No one sees any problem with the kid calling his dad a racist and claiming that the dad didn't raise him after the dad supported him his whole life, then talking shit on facebook about the dad.

There's a whole other family dynamic in play here that's apart from the homosexuality issue. It reads like a keg of dynamite just sitting there and the kid lights the match. Lighting a match, by itself, doesn't lead to an explosion, but putting that lit match to the keg of dynamite sure does.

As for the choice issue, that's the heart of Christian teaching on sin - you have a choice on whether to sin. The mom realized the kid was homosexual and expects him to not sin, to choose not to sin. The kid though chooses to sin.You don't have to agree with her position, but it's sound. Pedophiles can choose whether to have sex with children or choose to remain abstinate.

It must be pretty sweet for a parent to hear that the 20 years of blood sweat and tears the poured into raising a kid is dismissed by the kid as "that's not raising." Yeah, I can see every parent taking that calmly and matter of factly.

Now I suspect the influence of outside homosexual agitators. They probably told him to film it, to put it on the web, they encouraged him. The kid's behavior just reeks of manipulation.

• Thanks
Such grief and heartache. Sad. It'll be a bright day when they discover the cause of homosexuality and then develop a vaccine against it. No more heartache, no more families torn asunder. Such needless pain and suffering.

I'm trying to understand what motivates a person to secretly record personal conversations.

Sure the parents were dicks but I think this type of ambush video taping is no different than an idiot walking up to a cop and baiting him hoping to get some cool video for you tube

• Thanks
How not to act:

A 19-year-old boy from the US has secretly filmed his parents verbally and physically attacking him after having a conversation with them about his homosexuality.

Daniel tries to explain to his Christian parents that he hasn’t chosen to be gay. They proceed to disown him and demand he move out. His mother then physically attacks him, before his father tells him that he is a disgrace.

Read more at Shocking video Daniel coming out to his parents.

The transcript of the conversation is there if you can't watch the video. What sort of sick bastard beats his own child simply for being gay? And how idiotic is the mother to believe a book over science?

I am assuming that for most Christians, if you were told your son/daughter was gay you would love them regardless and allow them to remain living under your roof. Instead, these parents hated their son so much they didn't want anything to do with him.

If they had beat him earlier in life then his choices may have been different.

-Geaux

Such grief and heartache. Sad. It'll be a bright day when they discover the cause of homosexuality and then develop a vaccine against it. No more heartache, no more families torn asunder. Such needless pain and suffering.
I wish they'd sooner develop a vaccine for violence-prone hate-mongers who use religion to justify their bigotry.

I wish they'd sooner develop a vaccine for violence-prone hate-mongers who use religion to justify their bigotry.

Unless the cause is a pathogen of some sort, which is actually the most sound hypothesis, there won't be a vaccine, but there will certainly be tests which could be applied to the developing fetus. That will open up a fascinating examination into both liberals and pro-lifers. Will liberals abort their gay babies or continue the pregnancy because they actually don't have any preference between a homosexual child and a normal child. What will pro-lifers do, accept a homosexual child rather than abort it? In both cases there will be a test of convictions for the parents.

The parents did the right thing by kicking the little faggot out of the house.

He is a disgrace to his whole family.

Good riddance......... :cool:
You are such a scumbag
There is no need for name calling.

Some weirdo parent's are fine if their kid turns out to become a perverted fudge packer.

But any normal parent would do exactly what the parents in the OP did.

That f***** piss me off the more I think about it.

I don't give a s*** that he's gay. I don't give a s*** that he made money from a video.

What pisses me off was the way he treated his parents, especially his own mother, like he didn't give a s*** about them. If that wasn't enough he proceeds to denigrate his parents publicly for monetary gain.

• Thanks

Forum List

Back