Christian faith (THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A LIBERAL CHRISTIAN)

The bible was written by man but, it represents the word of the Lord. Now, for Homosexualilty it is a fact of life now. GOD can only judge that not me, I let people fall in love with who they want. Pro-choice is a good thing because everyone man or woman has to answer for the choices they make when they meet their maker, my thoughts on the subject should not matter. I do have a problem with people using the church the house of the lord to preach hate and those who let it go on. Obama set in the church of Rev. Wright for 20 years while he preached hate of America, whites, and Jews. Obama just set there and never said this is the house I the Lord please respect it and preach you hate somewhere else. No Obama loved it for 20 years untill he thought it would cost him votes. I will never vote for someone who would let GOD be disrespected in his own house. Which goes back to what I said he will have to answer to that when he meets his maker. Not to mention the Rev. Wright disrespected Obama's mother and grandparents who are white and he just set there and let it happen. SAD SAD

i'm opening a can of worms, but i think the basics of it are that some issues that liberals support, i.e. pro-choice, homosexuality, are in direct conflict with the teaching of christianity

Pro gun, pro war, and pro capital punishment are in direct conflict with the teachings of Christianity.

First, I am not a Christian. I am what one calls agnostic i guess. I'm just arguing the side. Just wanted to get that out of the way.

My question is how can one claim to hold values such as pro-choice and homosexuality and claim at the same time to part of a religion that directly opposes them?

I never quite understood why anyone would assume that all liberals support either abortion or homosexuality.

For example; 50% of the electorate is democrat. about 75% of the electorate opposes abortion. 80% of the electorate opposes gay marrage. all democrats don't support either homosexuality or abortion. I'm personnally not sure that half of them support either one.

I realize that both have been put in the party platform statement. As a religous man, I'm convince that the democratic party is under satanic attack. Satan knows who his enemies are.

If this perception is correct, then anyone who attacks the democratic party, is allying themselves with the devil.

What was that someone said about opening a can of worms?

Concerning these Ten Commandment pedestals.

It's my belief that until the Word of God is obeyed inside the courthouse, it is an act of mockery to display them on the outside of the courthouse.

They might actually give hope to some poor innocent defendent that justice was going to be done.

um...how do you explain me?

There are several reasons why this is true: abortion, homosexuality, redistributing wealth (i.e., stealing). Any of these would make it impossible to be a modern-day liberal. However, if you're talking about, say, a classical liberal, then it is possible.

Could i get a direct answer to this sometime in the near future?
I help you out. It shoud start with something like "People can hold these beliefs and still be Christians because.......

I have never understood this train of thought. We have been creating laws(pushing views on people) from what people "think" is right for quite a while. If you are not willing to defend what you think is right and change the world for the better because of what you think is right, what is the point in having a view pt in the first place.

I am a Christian a Christian should base their choices on God's word the Bible not what society tells us to. If a Christian does condone the worlds views they are screwed up but still a Christian. Just a growing Christian. Hopefully they will come to understand their religion more given time and the study of God's word.

There are no perfect people including Christians and no Christians do not think they are perfect or they should not think so because it is not true.

First, I am not a Christian. I am what one calls agnostic i guess. I'm just arguing the side. Just wanted to get that out of the way.

My question is how can one claim to hold values such as pro-choice and homosexuality and claim at the same time to part of a religion that directly opposes them?

If, as our own sovereign, we can choose to be a Christian how is it we can oppose others when they too act as their own sovereigns-even if their choices are different then ours?

Chris·tian (krschn) KEY

ADJECTIVE:

Professing belief in Jesus as Christ or following the religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus.
Relating to or derived from Jesus or Jesus's teachings.
Manifesting the qualities or spirit of Jesus; Christlike.
Relating to or characteristic of Christianity or its adherents.
Showing a loving concern for others; humane.
NOUN:

One who professes belief in Jesus as Christ or follows the religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus.
One who lives according to the teachings of Jesus

Since there are so many variations of "christian" religions I guess it is possible to be liberal and be christian. Probably rare, I suppose it depends on what brand of Christianity and how the Christian interprets the Teachings of Jesus.

I don't recall Jesus whining about homos.

I don't recall Jesus whining about homos.

No, it was those who followed who made a big deal about sex. I have no idea why, perhaps they were repressed bastards who made a big deal about sex in general, let alone homosexuality. Up until then humanity didn't seem very fussed about sexual expression but when the Christians took over, woah, did things change.

No, it was those who followed who made a big deal about sex. I have no idea why, perhaps they were repressed bastards who made a big deal about sex in general, let alone homosexuality. Up until then humanity didn't seem very fussed about sexual expression but when the Christians took over, woah, did things change.

Homosexuality is considered an abomination to God and it comes from the old testament not something Christians came up with. Jesus did not address it period he saw no need to because God had already made his point about it.

Homosexuality is considered an abomination to God and it comes from the old testament not something Christians came up with. Jesus did not address it period he saw no need to because God had already made his point about it.

What did Jesus say about sex? I mean, there he was, God made man, on Earth. One would have thought that if he was really cranky about sexual matters in his Old Testament persona that he would have a few words to say about it in his Jesus persona, no? So, what did Jesus - who was God made human - say about sexuality?

Last edited:
The bible was written by men inspired by god.

I have known people who claimed to be inspired by god.

Some were pretty nice and others were dispicable human beings.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFBTmclJrto[/ame]
When first I read the bible

I found it most unwitty

I think it might start a rumor

that the lord has got no humor

I dont read the bible

I dont trust disciples

Last edited:
I find the inconsistency difficult. There's God in the Old Testament flinging out punishment left, right and centre - whoa a bit like that old pagan god Zeus - and in the New Testament God, in the form of Jesus, is completely contradicting Himself. So, is He inconsistent or not? Or was Jesus meant to be a new, kinder version of God?

I mean there's God v.1.0 dishing out recommendations of all sorts of terrible punishment to people who want to get it on a bit differently and along comes Jesus (God v.2.0) who hasn't got a word to say. Inconsistent? You bet.

Now ya done it :D

Pro-choice is a decision a woman makes about her body.
Homosexuality is a decision one makes about their personal life.
Christianity is a religion.
The Bible is a book.

Liberals believe in liberty, the governance of law(by and for the people) and freedom from authoritarianism. Generally.

So it's your point to prove my poll in the other thread correct, right?

You addressed NOTHING Bern stated. You provided your opinions as to the definitions of what was stated.

Christianity is a religion, the Bible is the book that governs it, and as Bern stated, there are liberal issues that come into direct conflict with Christianity and the Bible.

Not hard, really.

Forum List

Back