Hate the system not the religion

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Myvoicecounts, May 7, 2004.

1. Myvoicecounts

Myvoicecounts Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    It is quite saddening to see how people hate islam , rather than hating the people who are controlling these world events in such a way that they are wrecking everyone's lives.

I am curious and will ask the administrator this question: Was this part of the US messageboards put up before 9/11 or after?

In either case, I would like to say , don't yield to the scapegoat method because a few psychos have been going around and killing everyone.

2. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    The entire board is less than 1 year old. This section was originally created with the rest of the main forums on the board. It's intent is not to voice hate messages (although it gets it's fair share), but to share views about the Muslim community and hear voices from those within the Mulsim community.

Welcome to the board. :)

3. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    I don't blame Muslims as a whole. I try to blame people on their own merit. However, I do have to question the suras that say things like "Kill all unbelievers." And yes, that is in the Quran.

Bottom line: I don't agree with their religion, but don't hold a grudge against any Muslim who's not trying to kill somebody.

4. Myvoicecounts

Myvoicecounts Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    "It's intent is not to voice hate messages (although it gets it's fair share), but to share views about the Muslim community and hear voices from those within the Mulsim community."

I hope you are right jimnyc , before you go insulting me again, thanks for the welcome. I am not new to this forum, I just forgot the password to my old sc name.

I have to say, that 90% of this board is full of hate. The very titles themselves are ridiculously racist and degrading. I found only one or two members here from the "muslim community" and have seen them getting insulted, called liars and everything.

But if what you say is what you are really hoping to achieve here, then I guess this is going to be a fun trip for me.

Hobbit: "Bottom line: I don't agree with their religion, but don't hold a grudge against any Muslim who's not trying to kill somebody."

Exactly and if we want to talk about the suras then we should also look at the christian and jewish scriptures.. I am sure we can find things that are similar to "Kill all unbelievers." in them too.

5. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    What is your old member name? There's a built in feature on the board for retreiving lost passwords.

How are any of the titles racist or degrading? Are you speaking of the forum titles or the titles users use to start threads?

6. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    There are a few bloody orders that the Hebrews carried out in the Old Testament, such as their genocide of the Canaanites and bloody campaigns against invaders. However, there is no blanket order to kill anyone in the Bible. The closest it gets to telling you to kill anyone is, "Protect the weak and the innocent," which is the verse abortion bombers use to justify themselves. The bottom line of the Bible is, "Love your neighbor as yourself."

7. NewGuy

NewGuy Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I notice you didn't disagree with the point and you could not prove it. If the koran preaches murder, you don't justify that by trying to set up a straw man and knock him down.

You did not prove that the koran does NOT advocate such a thing in your defense, nor did you even claim it. Hobbit DID.

It is behaviors like this that get muslims called liars. -They ARE when they claim to follow their own text and then turn around and deny the text its self.

Wether you are insulted based upon factual representation or not is really irrelevant. Facts are more important than feelings. It is when these facts come out that you first would feel insulted, and then by defending the koran, the lying begins. This is where we have been in the discussions on islam.

Now, if you claim to follow the basic beliefs, but deny the text, then that is something all together different as it would justify NOT believing you should kill infidels. -But since that is pretty much impossible as islam as a belief system goes, the logical conclusion is clear.

8. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    In case anyone is wondering, this member is formerly known as "Spirit Soul". Although we had our bouts, she's a good person and was quite a contributor many months ago.

Unless I'm wrong, which I highly doubt, welcome back Spirit. :)

9. Myvoicecounts

Myvoicecounts Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think i lied to you about anything pertaining to koran until now and I have not even started talking about it yet and you are already expecting me to lie if I start defending koran.

Can I ask you why you are so biased and if you are that biased , why do you care to learn about the muslim community?

Newguy: "Now, if you claim to follow the basic beliefs, but deny the text, then that is something all together different as it would justify NOT believing you should kill infidels. -But since that is pretty much impossible as islam as a belief system goes, the logical conclusion is clear."

I have met muslims who claim to follow Koran and Hadith and they didn't come running after me with a sword trying to kill me. Neither do they send their family members to become terrorists.

What you are arguing here is similar to an argument that says, "America is a sexist nation because it has a christian majority and the christians ofcourse believe that God made women from Adam's rib, which shows that women are inferior to men and through our great mental capabilities we can claim that America is a sexist nation" Now we can all see how silly that sounds.
    So Mr.Newguy,
    what is written is not always followed and this applies to the muslims too.

Thank you.

10. Myvoicecounts

Myvoicecounts Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Ha!
    You got me :p:

You are right.