Christian faith (THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A LIBERAL CHRISTIAN)

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
what? here all along I thought jesus preached love for your fellow man, free will, and a pure life. silly me.

If this is the case, then why the blatent attacks on Christians for their beliefs? So many liberals want to take the 10 commandments pedestals, that have been there for 50 years, not hurting anyone. Now all of a sudden it is a huge issue. Their argument is that it is forcing Christianity upon people who don't wish to follow it. This is a load of crap because if they have been there for 50 years, and it's just NOW and issue, i think someone is just looking to waste people's time and money over something so trivial, so they get their 15 minutes of fame. Also, if liberals want to preach love for your fellow man, etc., then why are they SO against Christianity? I bet if a Muslim wanted to put a mural of Muhammed (sp?) or a verse from the Qu'ran somewhere public, and someone opposed it, they would be called racist. But if someone wants to take a pedestal of the 10 Commandments out of a public place that has been there for 50 years, they are called a hero, and a 'progressive'...i would call them a hypocrite.

The argument of abortion from the liberals is that 'it's the woman's body, it's her choice'...what about the baby? If the baby is a female, doesn't she have choice over HER body too? I thought KNOWINGLY taking the life of an innocent human was called murder...maybe I don't have the definition of murder right anymore. The liberals are always changing the meaning of words, so I never know what the new meanings are. I am so used to "oldspeak"...those of you who have read George Orwell's 1984, will know what I am talking about.

conservatives support the death penalty. does that one issue make all conservatives nonchristian? no. I think you'll find most liberals do not support gay marriage. Being gay isn't a sin in itself, but having gay sex is.
Liberals want to give a helping hand to the poor with money from everyone, a very christlike principal. I also believe that Jesus was mostly liberal, but that could probably be argued with.

Originally posted by fuzzykitten99
If this is the case, then why the blatent attacks on Christians for their beliefs? So many liberals want to take the 10 commandments pedestals, that have been there for 50 years, not hurting anyone.

What does that mean?

Originally posted by Palestinian Jew
conservatives support the death penalty. does that one issue make all conservatives nonchristian? no. I think you'll find most liberals do not support gay marriage. Being gay isn't a sin in itself, but having gay sex is.
Liberals want to give a helping hand to the poor with money from everyone, a very christlike principal. I also believe that Jesus was mostly liberal, but that could probably be argued with.

Jesus would be a democrat today, IMO

Thanks for the interpretation of each word !!!! However, by demoralizing civilization ( how about the fall of the Roman empire???) or expressing ones choice ( freedom of choice ) to gratify it's self without accountability is a fall waiting to happen. It's not a self righteousness comment ( as one might think ) , but it's a lack of knowledge between right and wrong.

Originally posted by Jason M
Thanks for the interpretation of each word !!!! However, by demoralizing civilization ( how about the fall of the Roman empire???) or expressing ones choice ( freedom of choice ) to gratify it's self without accountability is a fall waiting to happen. It's not a self righteousness comment ( as one might think ) , but it's a lack of knowledge between right and wrong.

where is there no accountability?

Originally posted by deciophobic
Christian faith (THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A LIBERAL CHRISTIAN)...Cop Guy said that btw.

Yeah I said that, didn't think it would be brought up in another thread though.

Look, I all was saying was that the liberal ideology is mostly in contrast to the Christian faith.

Abortion
Seperation of Church and State
Stem cell research
appeasing terrorism:D
Gay marriage

I just wanted to hear an explaination.

THE RIGHT IS RIGHT

where is there no accountability?

The question to answer your question is:

Who would the accountability be to?

If the law is letting people do what they wish (as used in the Rome example), there is no one to be accountable to and society deteriorates.

Originally posted by NewGuy
The question to answer your question is:

Who would the accountability be to?

If the law is letting people do what they wish (as used in the Rome example), there is no one to be accountable to and society deteriorates.

I'm sure if we wrote all laws that tell everybody that you can do whatever you want, whenever you want then yes, we're going to end up with an anarchist society. We don't have anarchy because we have laws. There is accountability.

I'm sure if we wrote all laws that tell everybody that you can do whatever you want, whenever you want then yes, we're going to end up with an anarchist society. We don't have anarchy because we have laws. There is accountability.

Accountability is in the eyes of the checkbook-holder...meaning those with money tend to 'get off' of serious charges because they can buy their way out. Everyone knows the perfect example is OJ. In the words of Chris Rock "If OJ had been a bus driver, he would have lost, and been known as Orenthal the bus driving murderer"

Not only that, is due to liberal laws, no one is really held accountable for their actions. If they were, there would be fewer repeat offenders. Alfonso Rodriguez is an example of that. Liberal judges thought that he just needed counceling, meanwhile he takes the life of an innocent, hard-working college student named Dru Sjodin. It's only AFTER the 2nd or 3rd offense (sometimes more) no matter what it is, that the criminal actually receives some kind of punishment.

One of my favorite movies is called Love Stinks, starring French Stewart and Bridget Wilson-Sampras. The main character is being sued for palimony because he led his girlfriend to believe that he would propose to her sometime in the future. he gets a lawyer, and HIS lawyer says that she got a scumbag lawyer (rhetorical, i know) and that based on her word against his, she may actually get some money. Rather than paying her nearly $1million (the guy is a sitcom writer) the main character says "Can't I just kill her and get off? C'mon, this is L.A."

Originally posted by fuzzykitten99
Accountability is in the eyes of the checkbook-holder...meaning those with money tend to 'get off' of serious charges because they can buy their way out

Tell that to Martha Stewart and Jayson Williams...

But yeah, OJ sure pulled one off.
They oughta give him 20-life for stealing cable:cof:

Now that would be just desserts.

Money does tend to buy justice, alot of it. So before we blame all the lackadaisical judicial response about things, lets take a little 'perspective' on the issue. Jurys are comprised of your peers, therefore, your peers are responsible for providing some sort of justice.

It's not the laws that are liberal, its the lopsidedness in the system that generates 'liberal' dissent.

there needs to be a balancing out of the system for fairness or it will only get worse.

Originally posted by nycflasher
Tell that to Martha Stewart and Jayson Williams...

But yeah, OJ sure pulled one off.
They oughta give him 20-life for stealing cable:cof:

Now that would be just desserts.

Martha Stewart is going to a minimum security resort. They have a golf course, and all sorts of activities. Kind of like summer camp. She will do only 9 months. She should get more. However, her crime is minor, compared to OJ. Yes the jury aquitted him, but that is because of the California liberal mentality. You know the white members would have been called racist had the convicted him. Of course, his crime was certainly not a hate crime because he is black, and only whites can commit hate crimes. Had that trial been anywhere else in the country, he probably would have been convicted.

Originally posted by OCA
Jeff didn't you know that charity and kindness are exclusive liberal traits?:D

Was that meant to be sarcastic? I'm somewhat literal minded. Here is one of my favorite quotes:

There is no virtue in compulsory government charity, and there is no virtue in advocating it. A politician who portrays himself as "caring" and "sensitive" because he wants to expand the government's charitable programs is merely saying that he's willing to try to do good with other people's money. Well, who isn't? And a voter who takes pride in supporting such programs is telling us that he'll do good with his own money -- if a gun is held to his head. -- P.J. O'Rourke

The Bible doesn't seem to be consistent to me. For example: Does God condone incest at the start of Genesis? If not, and you apply a literal interpretation of the Bible, how did Cain have children?

Originally posted by mattskramer
The Bible doesn't seem to be consistent to me. For example: Does God condone incest at the start of Genesis?

Actually, it didn't become against His law until later. Logically, to poulate the planet, this would make sense as well.

If not, and you apply a literal interpretation of the Bible, how did Cain have children?

Bingo.

Forum List

Back