christian craziness

woodjack

Jul 1, 2009
Anchorage, Alaska
I was trying to enjoy of football game, and was looking at some scores on-line and a comment from a fellow about how football players are all pagans because they wear a pagan symbol nike on their shoes, about how sinful they all were and in the same line he was touting his wears that had crosses and such, selling it all for the glory of god and whatnot......

I was angry and also thought that crosses are pagan as well, as with any symbol that anyone bows to, it seems most christians pick and choose what to follow in the bible, like it is a buffet, they will say all gays go to hell but wear crosses and beads and even graven images with a christ likeness on it .....last I read in the bible all that was against the commandments, even going to church sunday school you can see christ likeness in most children picture books and crosses adorning every room. I never read in the bible where god says its ok to make a likeness of him and bow to it in reverance, or jesus for that matter... here are some quotes..................

Revelation 9:20
The rest of mankind, who were not killed by these plagues, did not repent of the works of their hands nor give up worshiping demons and idols of gold and silver and bronze and stone and wood, which cannot see or hear or walk

"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I The Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate Me; And showing mercy unto thousands of them that love Me, and keep My Commandments" (Exodus 20:4-6 KJV)

"Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? Ye are even My witnesses. Is there a God beside Me? Yea, there is no God; I know not any. They that make a graven image are all of them vanity; and their delectable things shall not profit; and they are their own witnesses; they see not, nor know; that they may be ashamed. Who hath formed a god, or molten a graven image that is profitable for nothing? Behold, all his fellows shall be ashamed: and the workmen, they are of men: let them all be gathered together, let them stand up; yet they shall fear, and they shall be ashamed together." (Isaiah 44:8-11 KJV)

Last edited:
I would limit to calling that christian craziness, I'd just call it craziness. Plus it was one person.

I would limit to calling that christian craziness, I'd just call it craziness. Plus it was one person.

I'm actually more concerned about the OP's reaction to seeing a comment on some website.

lighten up dude.

You want to here something REALLY crazy?

How about Southern Baptists calling Jehovah Witness/Watchtower and Mormons cults.

OH--and some of them are dead serious, too. If they only knew how hilarious that is too me!!

How about Southern Baptists calling Jehovah Witness/Watchtower and Mormons cults.

OH--and some of them are dead serious, too. If they only knew how hilarious that is too me!!

Why are you suprised? Some of them still call Roman Catholics "Papists"

Why are you suprised? Some of them still call Roman Catholics "Papists"

I guess Papists is an offensive name for Roman Caholic?

What is the offensive name for Greek Orthodox??

you want to here something really crazy?

How about southern baptists calling jehovah witness/watchtower and mormons cults.

Oh--and some of them are dead serious, too. If they only knew how hilarious that is too me!!

why are you suprised? Some of them still call roman catholics "papists"

i guess papists is an offensive name for roman caholic?

What is the offensive name for greek orthodox??
mormon!

I was trying to enjoy of football game, and was looking at some scores on-line and a comment from a fellow about how football players are all pagans because they wear a pagan symbol nike on their shoes, about how sinful they all were and in the same line he was touting his wears that had crosses and such, selling it all for the glory of god and whatnot......

I was angry and also thought that crosses are pagan as well, as with any symbol that anyone bows to, it seems most christians pick and choose what to follow in the bible, like it is a buffet, they will say all gays go to hell but wear crosses and beads and even graven images with a christ likeness on it .....last I read in the bible all that was against the commandments, even going to church sunday school you can see christ likeness in most children picture books and crosses adorning every room. I never read in the bible where god says its ok to make a likeness of him and bow to it in reverance, or jesus for that matter... here are some quotes..................

Revelation 9:20
The rest of mankind, who were not killed by these plagues, did not repent of the works of their hands nor give up worshiping demons and idols of gold and silver and bronze and stone and wood, which cannot see or hear or walk

"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I The Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate Me; And showing mercy unto thousands of them that love Me, and keep My Commandments" (Exodus 20:4-6 KJV)

"Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? Ye are even My witnesses. Is there a God beside Me? Yea, there is no God; I know not any. They that make a graven image are all of them vanity; and their delectable things shall not profit; and they are their own witnesses; they see not, nor know; that they may be ashamed. Who hath formed a god, or molten a graven image that is profitable for nothing? Behold, all his fellows shall be ashamed: and the workmen, they are of men: let them all be gathered together, let them stand up; yet they shall fear, and they shall be ashamed together." (Isaiah 44:8-11 KJV)
You misunderstand the Bible then, it is talking about idols to false religions. By the way, the cross is not a pagan symbol, it is the Christian symbol for Christs crucifiction. Yes, the cross was a common form of execution by the Romans, but it is universally adopted as the Christian symbol.

Forum List

Back