Christian Conservative Hate Group causes cancellation of Tea Party Rally

massresistance are a fringe group:

"MassResistance protested a Macys store in Boston because they believed Macys was dressing transgendered mannequins in their windows. MassResistance went so far as to roam the Macys and photograph what they considered "normal" mannequins and then compared the photos on their website."
MassResistance Watch: February 2009

The Tea Party is wise to distance themselves from this lunatic fringe.

I don't see hate. I see some silly opinions. But the way lefties LIE, I can't trust what your website says.

And you want to see fringe, look at Code Pink's website. Yet the Southern Poverty Law Center doesn't see fit to say anythying about them.

BS!

Stalkling people is hate. massresistance stalks GLBT people.

I have a question for the christians here:

Take a pause, read the MassResistence website, and reflect please:

Now can any of you tell me what is "christian" about this group? Isn't it just a wee bit possible that hate is the real agenda and "christian" is just a dodge?

Do any of you know of this group (before this story broke, I mean)? Does it have any sort of relationship to your church? Cuz I look at it and see nothing but a web version of the Westboro Baptist Church...and if these are christians, then the word simply has no meaning.

Twenty years ago, these people most likely would have been claiming to be "patriots" and aiming their hate at blacks or women. Do you really want to remain passive when others with bad intentions take the name of your faith and make it synoymous with hate....or do you mebbe sometimes wanna criticisize the fake christians who do harm in your faith's name?

Um, it was a liberal, NYCarbiner, that labeled them as "Christian". From my perusing their site, I have not seen them claiming to be Christian. I have not seen a conservative here claiming they are Christian.

In other words, it was a mis-labeling of the group by a liberal. They should not be considered Christian although maybe there are some Christian individuals who support them.

Immie

Thankies, Immie. You are always a note of fairness even when we vigorously disagree.

IMO, MassResistence is "christian" in the same way that the KKK is...or that Timothy McVeigh was a "patriot". Seems to me, people who really are should be even more outraged than I over misappropriation of their group's name.

Apparently, Sky Dancer thinks men dressed in women's clothing have a "right" in the women's rest room. :cuckoo:

They do when the rent the space for a transgendered conference. How much do you know about transgendered people?

That I don't want Glen or Glenda in my restroom just because they are wearing women's clothes.

:lol::lol::lol:

If Glen and Glenda rented the space for a conference they are certainly entitled to use the bathroom without being harassed.

Last edited:

"MassResistance protested a Macys store in Boston because they believed Macys was dressing transgendered mannequins in their windows. MassResistance went so far as to roam the Macys and photograph what they considered "normal" mannequins and then compared the photos on their website."

So they're anti homo... so what? Seems the problem is, simply, that you think anyone that's not on board with your pro homo agenda is a fringe group.

Exactly!

Apparently, Sky Dancer thinks men dressed in women's clothing have a "right" in the women's rest room. :cuckoo:

They do when the rent the space for a transgendered conference. How much do you know about transgendered people?

That I don't want Glen or Glenda in my restroom just because they are wearing women's clothes.

:lol::lol::lol:

Seriously? This is what worries you? Maybe you should just go before leaving home, and avoid all possible public bathroom "horrors".

The Tea Party is wise to distance themselves from this lunatic fringe.

I don't see hate. I see some silly opinions. But the way lefties LIE, I can't trust what your website says.

And you want to see fringe, look at Code Pink's website. Yet the Southern Poverty Law Center doesn't see fit to say anythying about them.

BS!

If they were stalking, they'd be prosecuted for it.

You call anyone that isn't on board with your pro homo agenda a fringe, hate group. Well include me, because I'm not on board with your pro homo agenda either.

BS!

You call anyone that isn't on board with your pro homo agenda a fringe, hate group. Well include me, because I'm not on board with your pro homo agenda either.
I support marriage equality, yes.

If you want to hate me for it, so be it.

How is a person's right to live without the fear this MassResistence group seeks to instill in GLBT people reducable to which bathroom people use? I have been in men's rooms...likely every chick my age has at one time or another. I've seen men in women's bathrooms too. It never occurred to me at the time this was a Huge Fucking Deal.

Trivializing the most personal and deeply felt aspect of someone else's life experience for sport -- how terribly "christian" of any of you.

So, because you are brainless, and don't think of the implications of this, it's okay. Typical.

OBVIOUSLY, doesn't have ANY CHILDREN.

No, don't look at the dangers of this, just be more focussed on your own self centered vanity at showing everyone how you don't hate.

So, it's all about YOU, and how YOU feel, instead of any dangers of having men, in the ladies rest room as long as they wear women's clothes.

Why are 20 something girls so damn stupid?

Egad, it makes me want to apologize to everyone for once being a 20 something girl!

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Let's deal in facts. Facts are Tea Partiers have been caught holding racist signs.

Prove that please.

The fact that someone is at a tea party event and holding a racist sign does not mean that that person is a "tea partier". It simply means someone who wants to show bigotry of some kind whether it is racial bigotry or bigotry against the Tea Party movement and/or conservatives is holding a racist sign.

Immie

Immie, if you show up at an event I have organized carrying a hate sign and I make no effort to shame you away, I leave people with the impression that I can accept you as part of the group. Hate is a deal breaker for me and many like me. I cannot participate, support or even view as legitimate the Tea Party if it is willing to tolerate hate extremists within its midst.

One or the other, brotherman...not both.

From my understanding attempts have been made to shoo the people carrying such signs away. However, this being a free country, it is illegal to make them leave.

Now, I am fully prepared to accept that there are racists involved with the tea party as soon as someone provides proof that this is the case.

I and five of my friends could very easily appear at a gay pride parade with signs demanding that NAMBLA members be allowed to freely accost young boys. They could even ask that we leave, but they could not make us leave. They could say over loudspeakers that they don't support our message, but we could claim to be supporters of them.

Would that make the organizers of the parade supportive of such policy? No, it would not and neither does the fact that someone shows up at a tea party event with a racist sign mean that the organizers of the event support that individual.

Immie

So they're anti homo... so what? Seems the problem is, simply, that you think anyone that's not on board with your pro homo agenda is a fringe group.

Exactly!

Actually, no. I don't fret that Immie will lie in wait outside a gay niteclub for a straggler so he can beat him half to death. I don't worry that he'd refuse to rent an apartment to a woman he suspected was a lesbian, or fire a good employee if he happened to learn that man is a cross-dresser.

We may not all agree on each issue, but I don't see moderates as people likely to actually harm GLBT people. I see this MassResistence group as advocating quite openly for exactly that...actual harm to GLBT folks.

There is a difference between legitimate public dialogue and hate speech.

Now can any of you tell me what is "christian" about this group? Isn't it just a wee bit possible that hate is the real agenda and "christian" is just a dodge?

Do any of you know of this group (before this story broke, I mean)? Does it have any sort of relationship to your church? Cuz I look at it and see nothing but a web version of the Westboro Baptist Church...and if these are christians, then the word simply has no meaning.

Twenty years ago, these people most likely would have been claiming to be "patriots" and aiming their hate at blacks or women. Do you really want to remain passive when others with bad intentions take the name of your faith and make it synoymous with hate....or do you mebbe sometimes wanna criticisize the fake christians who do harm in your faith's name?

I have a question for you.

What is wrong with fighting back against an agenda, designed to destroy the Christian idea of marriage?

Hate my foot. That's self defense.

Gays attacked first!

We didn't say, "hey let's change the idea of homsexuality."

They came in and said, "let's change the idea of marriage, remove that plank of morality, and then we will further degrade morals in this country so we have make more recruits!"

And we should do nothing???????????????

I don't think so.

There wouldn't be a gay rights movement if gays hadn't been harassed. Check out why Stonewall happened.

Well, goody goody gumdrops?

So, they are now justified in whatever they do?????

There wouldn't have been a civil rights movement if there hadn't been slavery and Jim Crowe.

That doesn't justify New Black Pathers standing outside polling booths with billy clubs!

There wouldn't have been a Tea Party if Obama and Democrats hadn't been so blatantly leading AGAINST the Tea Party.

YOU DON'T THINK THAT JUSTIFIES EVERYTHING.

So, don't be a hypocrite and think that justifies every move of the gay agenda.

NICE DAMN TRY!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Look honey, you are young, and obvious haven't a clue. Give up. I know what you are going to say before you say it, and I have an argument against it.

You're going to lose. Why don't you save face, and run away now.

Just a little advice.

The two movements are completely interdependent on one another. If gays and lesbians were free their wouldn't be a need for a rights movement.

If gays and lesbians weren't asserting their equal rights there wouldn't be a need for a backlash anti-gay organization.

Prove that please.

The fact that someone is at a tea party event and holding a racist sign does not mean that that person is a "tea partier". It simply means someone who wants to show bigotry of some kind whether it is racial bigotry or bigotry against the Tea Party movement and/or conservatives is holding a racist sign.

Immie

Immie, if you show up at an event I have organized carrying a hate sign and I make no effort to shame you away, I leave people with the impression that I can accept you as part of the group. Hate is a deal breaker for me and many like me. I cannot participate, support or even view as legitimate the Tea Party if it is willing to tolerate hate extremists within its midst.

One or the other, brotherman...not both.

From my understanding attempts have been made to shoo the people carrying such signs away. However, this being a free country, it is illegal to make them leave.

Now, I am fully prepared to accept that there are racists involved with the tea party as soon as someone provides proof that this is the case.

I and five of my friends could very easily appear at a gay pride parade with signs demanding that NAMBLA members be allowed to freely accost young boys. They could even ask that we leave, but they could not make us leave. They could say over loudspeakers that they don't support our message, but we could claim to be supporters of them.

Would that make the organizers of the parade supportive of such policy? No, it would not and neither does the fact that someone shows up at a tea party event with a racist sign mean that the organizers of the event support that individual.

Immie

All of what you say is true, Immie. Except prominent tea party members/leaders could have condemned the likes of Mark Williams months ago for hate speech, and did not. Just because there is no perfect solution does not mean that total passivity is the answer.

And as I have said, some of the tea party's (apparent) messages have resonance for me. I am pretty tired of trying to revitalize the Republican Party and might jump ship....but never, as long as hate speech is tolerated. This presence among them of a few (several, many, who knows) with that agenda marks the group as off-limits to some (many, most, who knows) that could turn this grass roots movement into a real political party. But for that to happen, the movement must divorce itself from hate, publicly, once and for all.

I dun wanna discuss the nation's finances with former members of the John Birch Society, yanno?

I have a question for you.

What is wrong with fighting back against an agenda, designed to destroy the Christian idea of marriage?

Hate my foot. That's self defense.

Gays attacked first!

We didn't say, "hey let's change the idea of homsexuality."

They came in and said, "let's change the idea of marriage, remove that plank of morality, and then we will further degrade morals in this country so we have make more recruits!"

And we should do nothing???????????????

I don't think so.

There are many, many GLBT gay people. There are many, many straight christian folk who accept and respect gay people.

I have a question for you.....how is someone else's dignity, security and respect degrading to yours?

Who is degrading WHO'S DIGNITY, SECURITY AND PRIVACY????????

I didn't decide to change aspects of the gay life style.

It was the gays who decided to attack marriage.

Nice try.

Like I said. IN THE THOUSANDS OF YEARS OF LITERATURE ABOUT HOMSEXUALITY, AT NO TIME WAS THERE EVER A MENTION OF MARRIAGE.

NOW, all of a sudden out of the blue, after thousands of years going back to Ancient Greece and the touted homosexual relationship like Hercules and Hylas; NOW we have to gay marraige.

Sorry, that screams, POLITICAL AGENDA.

That screams desperate attack on something in the way of increasing gays' numbers and power in the US and that's CHRISTIAN MORALITY. That's TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE.

And everyone knows it or they would be voting for gay marriage at the polls. NO one is, because they KNOW what the gays are up to and they aren't fooling no one.

So, keep up your rhetoric, I'll keep stating the facts.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

You're clueless about the marriage equality issue.

My take on marriage is the following:

its not mentioned in the constitution therefore its not up to the federal government how marriage is done its up to the states.

The people and governments of states can decide if they want to sanction whatever kind of marriage they see fit. If another state allows a gay couple to marry (for example my state of MA) then all the states must accept that marriage as valid.

Thats my opinion on how it should be handled.

It should be up to the states on whether they want to accept that marriage as valid.

And if a couple is legally married in one state, each other state should recognize their marriage instead of behaving like 3rd world countries where law-abiding, tax-paying citizens are afraid to visit in case they had an accident or get sick.

I support marriage equality, yes.

If you want to hate me for it, so be it.

I support Civil Unions, and I don't hate you for anything.

Forum List

Back