Chris Rock Comedy Routine

• Banned
This guy is one of the funniest standup comedians I've ever seen.

He always seemed to me to be a guy of basic integrity. Not a guy who would stab someone in the back. Open about his past drug abuse, stood up for guys like Chris Farley who he said the studios basically killed, was able to maintain friendship with some of his SNL castmates like Sandler etc.

If he knew about her condition, it was a disrespectful comment to make and I wouldn't have been surprised if Will had a firm chat with him after. As it were, it's comedy, and noone is safe if you want to be in the crowd with the cult members. I think Will, like some others such as De Niro, started to believe the people he played on screen is who he is (Ali).

Violence is rarely an answer. Rock probably knows he deserved some response, though not that. I may rejoin Netflix for a month just to watch this. I've always found Chris to be genuine and certainly funny in films (Lethal Weapon IV was his best IMO), not too sure I will be into his stand up, but he seems a decent enough guy to receive some support.

• Banned
He always seemed to me to be a guy of basic integrity. Not a guy who would stab someone in the back. Open about his past drug abuse, stood up for guys like Chris Farley who he said the studios basically killed, was able to maintain friendship with some of his SNL castmates like Sandler etc.

If he knew about her condition, it was a disrespectful comment to make and I wouldn't have been surprised if Will had a firm chat with him after. As it were, it's comedy, and noone is safe if you want to be in the crowd with the cult members. I think Will, like some others such as De Niro, started to believe the people he played on screen is who he is (Ali).

Violence is rarely an answer. Rock probably knows he deserved some response, though not that. I may rejoin Netflix for a month just to watch this. I've always found Chris to be genuine and certainly funny in films (Lethal Weapon IV was his best IMO), not too sure I will be into his stand up, but he seems a decent enough guy to receive some support.
Will Smith should have not responded the way he did. Chris is a comedian and Will should realize that almost nothing is off limits.

Will Smith should have not responded the way he did. Chris is a comedian and Will should realize that almost nothing is off limits.
It was his wife and she has a conditon, that changes the situation. He may not have deserved a slap, I've never thougt he did, but a chat to remind Chris that his wife has an uncontrollable condition is reasonable. If he didn't apologize after hearing that then the man would be a ghost to me. We all have loved ones who we protect, he dealt with it horribly though by using violence in front of millions.

Last edited:
  • Banned
It was his wife and she has a conditon, that changes the situation. He may not have deserved a slap, I've never thougt he did, but a chat to remind Chris that his wife has an uncontrollable condition is reasonable. If he didn't apologize after hearing that then the man would be a ghost to me. We all have loved ones who we protect, he dealt with it horribly tough by using violence in front of millions.
Will's wife was easy fodder because of her sexual relations with her son's friend. Will Smith condoned the affair so he shouldn't have been upset with a joke about her.

He’s lost some miles off his fastball, but still has good moments

Well the Smith's marriage has been described as an open relationship for years. They eventually admitted to it. So what really was funny was the slab that Will did to Chris. I hope it was a fake slap as Chris seems to be smiling and it was an open hand slap. If he was mad, he would have used his fists. Chris laid out on the floor would have been hilarious. The slap heard around the world for a good laugh.

GettyImages-1239558965-2.jpg

Well the Smith's marriage has been described as an open relationship for years. They eventually admitted to it. So what really was funny was the slab that Will did to Chris. I hope it was a fake slap as Chris seems to be smiling and it was an open hand slap. If he was mad, he would have used his fists. Chris laid out on the floor would have been hilarious. The slap heard around the world for a good laugh.

GettyImages-1239558965-2.jpg
It was real. If there was any doubt or if Chris was going to go with the flow and hope Will would laugh and play it off as a bit, that was thrown out the window once Smith screamed the loud, angry explicitives. The entire place knew it was real then. You could tell Chris wanted it toned down and changed lanes not wanting Will to be set off again. Schoolyard antics really. Will attacked a man 80 lbs lighter than him.

It was real. If there was any doubt or if Chris was going to go with the flow and hope Will would laugh and play it off as a bit, that was thrown out the window once Smith screamed the loud, angry explicitives. The entire place knew it was real then. You could tell Chris wanted it toned down and changed lanes not wanting Will to be set off again. Schoolyard antics really. Will attacked a man 80 lbs lighter than him.
Well it still is funny as not many black men slap each other in the face. If Smith was real about it , he should have kicked his ass in front of everyone. Who still slaps someone? If he was real about it, he would have did the 10 paces and then shot. Nowadays they don't bother with the 10 paces and just shot.

It was just a comedy routine. Too many thin skinned people in the world.

Forum List

Back