Chris Hayes Envisions A World Where No One Has A Job Mining Coal

[

I don't have a party joe...We've been over this many times before. Try to focus.

Of course you don't, Cleetus. That means you aren't responsible for anything, like when they get into power and they completely fail doing everything you advocate.

Well, joe..as usual you've managed to cause a distraction and change the subject .....again .....and are now off on another tangent...
Have fun.

..I didn't ask you how you voted, though, did I?
Why are you changing the subject now?

Why are you such a simpleton you can't process information, Cleetus?

I didn't ask you how you voted, though, did I?

No, you just said I "check with the DNC", which means you've already concluded how I vote and were completely wrong because you're a fucking Cleetus.

Southerners---- proof that Darwin was right.

..I didn't ask you how you voted, though, did I?
Why are you changing the subject now?

Why are you such a simpleton you can't process information, Cleetus?

I didn't ask you how you voted, though, did I?

No, you just said I "check with the DNC", which means you've already concluded how I vote and were completely wrong because you're a fucking Cleetus.

Southerners---- proof that Darwin was right.

sure, joe...whatever you say...
Care to take a stab at my question about nuclear energy now?...... or did you think I had forgotten?

Well, joe..as usual you've managed to cause a distraction and change the subject .....again .....and are now off on another tangent...
Have fun.

I'm just outright mocking you at this point, CLeetus

ok joe..whatever you say.
You're done discussing france and their nuclear power and how we should copy them and have moved on to calling me "cleetus"...that's a very clever and mature tactic... :rolleyes:

I understand why, joe...you ran your mouth ....again.... and got caught...again....now you need to save face so you call me names, insult the south create a distraction..ANYTHING to give you cover to hide behind...

Now...about france..and those nuclear plants?...and building hundreds more in america so we can be like france? Never mind, joe..you painted yourself into a corner..... a position you can't possibly support without looking ridiculous.
:popcorn:

Like shooting fish in a barrel, joe.
You're way out of your league.

Who in their right mind would actually want a job mining coal?

Coal mining is a very high paying job in some States where high wages simply don't exist otherwise. The person that wants a job mining coal is a high school graduate that can make $70,000 to $80,000 a year working in the mines. Take that job away and what's he going to do...work at McDonalds for $8 an hour?

And what's the average lifespan for a coal miner? What's his useful life as a worker?

The good reason why we want to move away from coal is that it's a very dirty fuel that messes up the atmosphere. It's also dangerous to mine, especially when you have big corporations busting those unions that get those guys 70K and provide safety.

I am now 75 years old. When I was younger I worked in the mines, for gold, copper, uranium, zinc and silver. I did that because the alternate would have been being on welfare.

When I learned enough on my own to go for something better I got a job in the tire industry and at one time I got into going underground in coal mines, looking after tire maintenance on vehicles employed in that industry.

I can tell you with experience you don't have that the life expectancy of a coal miner is no worse than that of a bus driver or a waiter or a politician.

Keep in mind, DogStyle wants us to burn more coal like China does.

Coal-Burning Shortens Lives in China New Study Shows

Life expectancy in northern China was 5.5 years shorter than in southern China in the 1990s, and a health risk disparity lingers today, a difference almost entirely due to heart and lung disease related to air pollution from the burning of coal, a new study shows.

Mother Nature has a way to cull the useless and redundant.

See the Ebola in Africa.
See the guns in the American ghettoes.

Why would you be "happy" that China and India's use of coal will get greater even as we reduce ours? Correct me if I'm wrong, Sparky...but don't we inhabit the same planet? Instead of an idiotically naive energy policy that ignores reality...don't you think we'd be better served working to learn how to burn coal cleanly and then sharing that technology with those "backward countries" instead of ignoring their ever increasing use of coal while we saddle our own nation with the inflated costs of "green energy"?

Or would that make too much SENSE?

The problem is you guys never see anything other than "How can a few assholes get rich" as a solution to a problem, even if the problem never gets solved.

There is no reason for ANYONE to still be using coal in the 21st century. Other than a few assholes are making money off of it. And, yes, the fact that China is degrading her own environment- and the rest of the world- is really part of the problem.

But isn't going to be solved by the imaginary "Clean Coal" technology you guys claim is right around the corner.

Why is it that people like you never see another point of view as legitimate?

Why is it that climate change - in your view - is a "settled science fact" but you doubt that science you put so much faith in can not come up with a way to burn coal clean?

With the opinions you express here it is a safe bet that you would have been part of the "scientific" crowd that wanted to burn Galileo on the stake because he challenged the "settled science" that the Earth is the center of the universe.

If you and Al Gore lived then you and Al Gore would have been the loudest promoter of flat Earth.

If you and your ilk were not so obtuse you would realize that carbon dioxide is happily gobbled up by plants, the more the better. If anything contributes to warming as you and your ilk claims carbon dioxide does, it is water vapor. Of course you and your ilk has not dared to demonize water - YET.

Plain to see that you and your ilk just wants to see decent hard working coal miners be welfare recipients, out of a job, relying on government largesse and voting Democrat.

Why would you be "happy" that China and India's use of coal will get greater even as we reduce ours? Correct me if I'm wrong, Sparky...but don't we inhabit the same planet? Instead of an idiotically naive energy policy that ignores reality...don't you think we'd be better served working to learn how to burn coal cleanly and then sharing that technology with those "backward countries" instead of ignoring their ever increasing use of coal while we saddle our own nation with the inflated costs of "green energy"?

The problem is you guys never see anything other than "How can a few assholes get rich" as a solution to a problem, even if the problem never gets solved.

There is no reason for ANYONE to still be using coal in the 21st century. Other than a few assholes are making money off of it. And, yes, the fact that China is degrading her own environment- and the rest of the world- is really part of the problem.

But isn't going to be solved by the imaginary "Clean Coal" technology you guys claim is right around the corner.

That is like saying that there is no reason for ANYONE to use cotton and wool in the 21st century.

Or eat potatoes when there is arugula.

Or put gasoline in your tank when you could put a solar panel on the roof of your car.

Or, speaking of cars, why have one when you have two legs.

class envy and jealousy...

What you liberals always seem to forget about the Clinton years is that he lowered the Capital Gains tax from 28% to 20% to spur the economy...signed an increase in the death tax exemption to $1,000,000 from $600,000...and signed into law both the creation of Roth IRAs and increases in the amounts people could put into tax free IRAs.

no matter what you say he'll deny it/change the subject/dismiss it.

No matter what you say.....

All he stands for is being against whatever the "other" party stands for.

ok joe..whatever you say.
You're done discussing france and their nuclear power and how we should copy them and have moved on to calling me "cleetus"...that's a very clever and mature tactic... :rolleyes:

I understand why, joe...you ran your mouth ....again.... and got caught...again....now you need to save face so you call me names, insult the south create a distraction..ANYTHING to give you cover to hide behind...

Now...about france..and those nuclear plants?...and building hundreds more in america so we can be like france? Never mind, joe..you painted yourself into a corner..... a position you can't possibly support without looking ridiculous.

Well, Gosh darn, Cleetus, I done made it clear to you that I'm all for that Nooo-cle-ar Power that you Billy-bobs don't understand...

yup yup

class envy and jealousy...The democratic platform.

Voting against your own economic interests because of racism, sexism, homophobia or wanting a gun to compensate for a tiny dick...the Republican Platform.

class envy, jealousy and now ad homs...look!..you even got in "racism" and "homophobia"..LMAO...your handlers will be very proud, little partisan! Good boy!

I was Republican for years. Saw the beast from the outside. Even saw the movers and shakers of your party express nothing but contempt for the Rubes when they thought no one was listening.

The GOP is about making the rich more comfortable. they get there by pushing buttons on people like you who will never be rich, but easily manipulated. I'm sorry you can't see that, but then again, it took far too long for me to figure it out.

I hate to break this to you, Joey...but if you think government is the answer...then you still haven't figured it out!

Quite frankly, I'd shocked if you ever met a "mover and shaker" in your whole life. You're the classic case of someone whose life turned into something that you didn't envision and you desperately need to find someone to blame other than yourself.

nahhh..your evasion and avoidance tells me more than all the excuses you could type.

Naw, CLeetus, I made it pretty clear what my position was. I'm all for nuclear power. I think we should also do a crash technology course to get to the point where we have cold fusion energy. But that would require a Manhattan project level of investment. Big Oil and Coal will fight it all the way.

I hate to break this to you, Joey...but if you think government is the answer...then you still haven't figured it out!

Quite frankly, I'd shocked if you ever met a "mover and shaker" in your whole life. You're the classic case of someone whose life turned into something that you didn't envision and you desperately need to find someone to blame other than yourself.

Actually, I've met both Henry Hyde and Peter Roskam when I used to be a Republican. I was even at an event where Jack Kemp was a featured speaker.

And, yeah, when these career politicians weren't within earshot of the Cleetuses and Billy-bobs, they had nothing but contempt for you.

Forum List

Back