Chips ....

No mortal can know the mind of God. The words in the Bible are "inspired" from God but delivered by man. Translation from original language to modern language can be problematic to say the least. EACH person must use their own faith to decide what they believe. Prayer is a good way to aid one in determining what to accept or believe. No one should put blind obediance to any mortal person, religion or church.

I'll be damned.. That's the first time I've heard someone reference believing what you will, rather than following a particular faith blindly from the Christian section of the world..

Maybe I'm not on a rocketship to hell after all..:eusa_angel:

Then again, maybe I still am. :badgrin:

The word of God and the message of Jesus are important and are most important to be delivered to unbelievers and those that have never heard the word. Anyone that tells you that THEIR interpretation of the Bible or the message is the only correct one is incapable of a basic understanding of the very words they seek to "interpret".

No mortal can know the mind of God. The words in the Bible are "inspired" from God but delivered by man. Translation from original language to modern language can be problematic to say the least. EACH person must use their own faith to decide what they believe. Prayer is a good way to aid one in determining what to accept or believe. No one should put blind obediance to any mortal person, religion or church.

I agree on principle. We can know God, through prayer and in a personal way, but we are incapable to know God's will and persona in full....we have been given a guideline....the rest is up to us.

And it is so important to put the Bible in context.... for instance, many believe that An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth and ..... a life for a life...is some sort of masochistic will of God....

But in reality, the Jews at the time were OVERPUNISHING for crimes committed and this command was given to them so that they would be FAIR AND JUST with their punishments for crimes instead of UNJUST as they had been....

The other thing that Chips brings out, like being given the command to kill people that have committed certain crimes....THAT was in a time when they were nomads and also in times when they were occupied by other nations...they did not have that many of their own prisons to put people away in and society safe.... a rapist was to be killed at that time as an example because there was no other way to stop this bad apple from doing it again.... or even an adulterer...this really messed up their peace and their rule of law that kept them civilized and in less harm....

Even circumscision at the time was to keep them clean and immuned from many of the diseases at the time....

I just don't think taking verses out of the Bible and trying to use them against Christians as though they are hypocritical can be done by someone who does not invest in the knowing of the circumstances that they lived in at the time!

Care

for instance, many believe that An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth and ..... a life for a life...is some sort of masochistic will of God....

I'm one of those people that doesn't believe in God, but does believe in the above, for serious crimes against other human beings. There becomes a point at which it's useless to try and "rehabilitate" someone, as they'll always be a threat to society.

I'm one of those people that doesn't believe in God, but does believe in the above, for serious crimes against other human beings. There becomes a point at which it's useless to try and "rehabilitate" someone, as they'll always be a threat to society.

It is a very important part of Justice, that the punishment meets the crime...

not to overplay it and not to underplay it!

Too many people are willing to underplay.. A man rapes a child, and gets 10 years in prison.. Definitely underplayed to me. That person is of no benefit to society, and never will be. Why pay to keep him alive?

The word of God and the message of Jesus are important and are most important to be delivered to unbelievers and those that have never heard the word. Anyone that tells you that THEIR interpretation of the Bible or the message is the only correct one is incapable of a basic understanding of the very words they seek to "interpret".

Don’t you think it odd how God couldn’t/wouldn’t inspire the translators too? :confused:

Maybe God didn’t want his nomadic master race’s Mein Kampf translated into sinner’s lingo. So he did another Tower of Babel and confused the translator’s tongues. Or was it because King James, who commissioned that gold standard in Bibles, the "inerrant" KJV, was as camp as a row of tents? :shock: :shock:

That’s right! God got a poo-jabbing faggot to finance and modify the bible that his fundie friends swear is inspired!

I can’t imagine God would giving a turd indenting shirt-lifter like King Jimmy the correct translation, can you? :omg:

I agree on principle. We can know God, through prayer and in a personal way, but we are incapable to know God's will and persona in full....we have been given a guideline....the rest is up to us.

And it is so important to put the Bible in context.... for instance, many believe that An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth and ..... a life for a life...is some sort of masochistic will of God....

But in reality, the Jews at the time were OVERPUNISHING for crimes committed and this command was given to them so that they would be FAIR AND JUST with their punishments for crimes instead of UNJUST as they had been....

The other thing that Chips brings out, like being given the command to kill people that have committed certain crimes....THAT was in a time when they were nomads and also in times when they were occupied by other nations...they did not have that many of their own prisons to put people away in and society safe.... a rapist was to be killed at that time as an example because there was no other way to stop this bad apple from doing it again.... or even an adulterer...this really messed up their peace and their rule of law that kept them civilized and in less harm....

Even circumscision at the time was to keep them clean and immuned from many of the diseases at the time....

I just don't think taking verses out of the Bible and trying to use them against Christians as though they are hypocritical can be done by someone who does not invest in the knowing of the circumstances that they lived in at the time!

Care

...another one that not only knows what God wants, he has even travelled back in time to observe the contemporary living conditions and study the Hebrew penal system! :eusa_doh:

Christ Almighty but you can talk some inane and completely uninformed drivel, Care4Paul.

It is so childishly simple to shoot down the unadulterated drivel you have posted, I wouldn't demean myself by doing it.

For instance, if God was so worried about stinking smegma under his Semitic master races foreskins, why didn't he do a model recall and snip the foreskin off, that the extrusion machine on the celestial assembly line left on our cocks?

...another one that not only knows what God wants, he has even travelled back in time to observe the contemporary living conditions and study the Hebrew penal system! :eusa_doh:

Christ Almighty but you can talk some inane and completely uninformed drivel, Care4Paul.

It is so childishly simple to shoot down the unadulterated drivel you have posted, I wouldn't demean myself by doing it.

For instance, if God was so worried about stinking smegma under his Semitic master races foreskins, why didn't he do a model recall and snip the foreskin off, that the extrusion machine on the celestial assembly line left on our cocks?

you don't want to know the answers to any of your questions or comments so why bother asking them chips?

IF you really are a ''non believer'' then why not just go on your way and leave us that do believe, alone? Why ridicule us, and ridicule our religions?

seems to me, that ''ye protest too much'' for someone who is firm in his ''belief'' of ''NON-Belief'' .... perhaps you are reaching out hoping to be ''found'', or to find out more about religion? you can pm me anytime if you want to truely discuss all of this...

have a great morning! :)

care

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM
you don't want to know the answers to any of your questions or comments so why bother asking them chips?

IF you really are a ''non believer'' then why not just go on your way and leave us that do believe, alone? Why ridicule us, and ridicule our religions?

seems to me, that ''ye protest too much'' for someone who is firm in his ''belief'' of ''NON-Belief'' .... perhaps you are reaching out hoping to be ''found'', or to find out more about religion? you can pm me anytime if you want to truely discuss all of this...

care

He isn't a non-believer, but is still searching. True non-believers *don't* bother arguing religion.. They also don't bother trying to tear down religious landmarks, they don't protest them going up, etc. They just go on doing what they want, and leaving other people to what they want..

He isn't a non-believer, but is still searching. True non-believers *don't* bother arguing religion.. They also don't bother trying to tear down religious landmarks, they don't protest them going up, etc. They just go on doing what they want, and leaving other people to what they want..

I know this! I have a few close friends that are non-believers and they could care less about other's believing....

Only the ones that seem to be struggling with the transition or of course in my opinion because I am a believer :D, only those that are being nagged by the Supreme being... "protest so much"!

lol and believe me, I love all of mankind, one does not have to be a Christian or believer in God! I think ALL human beings are facinating! :)

Care

Loving all mankind is quite a stretch, since a good portion of them are useless, and a detriment to life as we know it, but hey, to each his own. :)

You keep your religion in your heart, and off my doorstep, and we'll get along just fine. :D

Loving all mankind is quite a stretch, since a good portion of them are useless, and a detriment to life as we know it, but hey, to each his own. :)

You keep your religion in your heart, and off my doorstep, and we'll get along just fine. :D

I don't "push" my religion on to anyone... it is a personal choice and personal faith that can not be pushed on to anyone...

But I don't have to "keep my religion" in my heart.... I have the First Amendment in my Bill of Rights that says otherwise.... I can profess it in the public, in the public square!

;)

Care

I don't "push" my religion on to anyone... it is a personal choice and personal faith that can not be pushed on to anyone...

But I don't have to "keep my religion" in my heart.... I have the First Amendment in my Bill of Rights that says otherwise.... I can profess it in the public, in the public square!

;)

Care

The public square ends at my doorstep. :)

The public square ends at my doorstep. :)

hahahaha! tough! j/k

I promise I will not try to convert you with some religious stuff...

but what I believe and live daily is a part of my life and some of my logic and some of my decisions and some of my particular way of looking at things ...

JUST AS you being a non-believer influences the way that you think about particular issues or things.

What's FAIR is FAIR! I will try to understand your outlook, but it should go both ways..... get the (no pun intended) "chip" off your shoulder and you may find that agreement can be found on many issues....even if we do disagree on our personal religious beliefs...

Care

hahahaha! tough! j/k

I promise I will not try to convert you with some religious stuff...

but what I believe and live daily is a part of my life and some of my logic and some of my decisions and some of my particular way of looking at things ...

JUST AS you being a non-believer influences the way that you think about particular issues or things.

What's FAIR is FAIR! I will try to understand your outlook, but it should go both ways..... get the (no pun intended) "chip" off your shoulder and you may find that agreement can be found on many issues....even if we do disagree on our personal religious beliefs...

Care

Eh? I'm not the one with a chip on my shoulder.. I merely pointed out why I think what'shisface is NOT a non-believer. The discussion progressed from there. Believe me, I have plenty of people in my own family that are convinced I need "saving".. For someone that's damned to Hell, I seem to have my head screwed on pretty straight, and a pretty good set of morals..

I find all of this more amusing than anything else.

Eh? I'm not the one with a chip on my shoulder.. I merely pointed out why I think what'shisface is NOT a non-believer. The discussion progressed from there. Believe me, I have plenty of people in my own family that are convinced I need "saving".. For someone that's damned to Hell, I seem to have my head screwed on pretty straight, and a pretty good set of morals..

I find all of this more amusing than anything else.
I was just kidding around....especially since Chip was in the name of this thread....

I am certain your morals are strong...I am not in any way questioning such! If I implied this, I apologize!

Care

care

Because I’m s-o-o decent, righteous, and loving I want wicked Christians to repent and have what I have! Plus my God (Sam, The Good Shepherd) has given me a Grand Commission to make the entire world a mirror image of my sanctified self. :bowdown: :bowdown:

If you also knew the inner secrets of the universe, like me (PBUM!), you too would want to continually demonstrate to lesser beings what a nauseating God-ingratiating goody-two-shoes that you are.

Isn't that the whole idea of this particular forum?

So a crime that hurts a person forever, should be meted out a punishment that has similiar consequences? Correct?

;)

Care

No one "pushes" their faith on anyone because you can't force belief. Its simply impossible to do.

There are those that are more aggressive in sharing it and can be annoying. And then there are others who are so super sensitive that the idea that someone might want to share something with them thats important is offensive to them.

But force? its impossible.

Forum List

Back