Chips ....

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Gunny, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    You'll have to point out just where in any of the verses you quoted that Christ commands anyone to commit murder in His name. IMO, you have to be looking hard to find any such in those verses.

And before you get all worked and go off like you did on 8-ball, since I didn't even understand half of what you posted ..... I'm not trying to change you, nor prove you wrong. I am merely trying to understand what it is you believe and why you believe it.

2. Chips Rafferty

Chips Rafferty Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +75
    Sorry I didn't see, and therefore didn't answer, this post before Gunny.

The operative bit is,

And I can provide many more instances where God commands his Jewish goon squad to liquidate people.

You’re not going to suggest that God and Jesus aren’t one and the same thing, are you Gunny? (For the sake of brevity we’ll leave Casper out of this)

Because if you are, you are talking evil Arian heresy and Eightball and the rest of the Bubba's will be duty bound to hate you!! :eusa_silenced:

Hey, you’re not (horror of horrors!) hypothesizing that they disagree on some things? That Jesus was just a red revolutionary Rabbi reforming a hard-core reactionary religion, that perceptive people were dropping off of like lice from a leper’s jock strap? Maybe god(s) is like an inbred Tasmanian (try Tarheel) - with two heads that continually argue with each other! :rofl:

Cause when it comes to the Bible I’m actually as fundie as Eightball. I REFUSE to allow the fair-weather faithful to play cafeteria Christian, i.e. treat the Bible like a spiritual smorgasbord that they can pick and chose from when it suits them and disown it when it doesn’t.

Either it’s ALL true or it’s ALL bullshit. I refuse to let Christians run with the hares and hunt with the hounds, so to speak.

To summarise, if Jehovah says it, you can bet your left knacker that Junior goes along with it 1000%.

Even Eightball will agree with me on this. :badgrin:

As for what I believe, that’s easy. I believe that people who mindlessly follow, because they think that most other people do too, are the most “evil” people Satan ever put breath into. And I oughta know, I used to be one!

In other words, I’m a curmudgeonly Contrarian!:bowdown: :bowdown:

3. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,971
    Not all Christians believe that God, Jesus and the Holy Ghost are one entity. In fact the bible is fairly clear they are not. Jesus was the "son" of God and the Holy Spirit is a force that God uses.

Jesus preached forgiveness and peaceful relations. He negates part of the old testament with his new preachings.

Of course the Jews don't believe in Jesus so THEY still believe the old testament, but then, they aren't Christians. Next you will be telling us that because Islam preaches Jihad and death to infidels that this proves Christians are murderers also?

4. Chips Rafferty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +75
    He negates part of the old testament with his new preachings.

Then he (Jewsarse) is a fucking liar,

..or the Bible is lying. What's it to be?

5. RetiredGySgt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,971
    He fulfilled them and his new teachings clearly preach forgiveness, and peace. But do pretend they don't.

One can not both "turn the other cheek" and do an "eye for an eye".

He does not, however, preach one should just roll into a ball and surrender. And in the end of times there will be a war, lead by Jesus, against evil.

But Jesus does not preach murder. Not in any way. In fact the old testament doesn't teach murder either. In fact murder is a sin. But do ignore that pesky part.

6. Chips Rafferty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +75
    Let’s get something straight from the start, Goony.

Being a Leatherneck, naturally you would die in defence of democracy, right?

Then it stands to reason that, seeing as the Catholics have the “moral majority” by far when it comes to numbers of Christians, they MUST be right when it comes to Biblical interpretation, correct?

So in future we will take it as read that, when it comes to any scriptural disagreement between us, the Rat Catcher’s interpretation is the right one, right?

And no, I don’t believe Dimwit should be able to veto the Bible or Guard!

7. RetiredGySgt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,971
    Belief in God is a matter of FAITH. It is NOT a matter of numbers. If all that mattered was how many people believed this or that I would assume we would all be the same religion, which ever happened to have the most people believe it.

I am not catholic and do not believe the Pope is a leader of the Christians of the world.

Unreasoning hate is like a cancer. I cant fathom how someone can maintain the energy to hate to begin with.

8. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,091
    Thou shall not commit murder....

That is God's command.

Killing is not always murder.

The death penalty for killing someone else, is not considered murder.
    (Though I am against the death penalty because of the injustice in our criminal system)

Self defense is not considered murder.

A JUST WAR and the killing that may take place in such, is NOT murder.

An UNJUST WAR could be considered murder imo.

And your post on Jesus stating that NOT ONE of the old testament laws will pass away....

you posted the verse OUT OF CONTEXT.... you can pick and choose what verses you want to use against Christians, but without a full understanding and knowledge of the entire context of the Bible, they are useless...imho!

Care

9. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616
    Look up the New Covenant. It relagates those laws which were to purify and allow you into the presense of God to hash. Read Romans. It will give you a good clarity on the issue, no longer were you required to circumcise for instance (Chapter 10) nor were you any longer required to eat kosher.

However, other laws that were not pertinent to such things were still in play. Basically, the sacrifice of Christ purified you more than those old purity rituals ever would.

It is a fascinating portion of this particular religion and is that thing which divides this religion from the Jewish religion, and that of the fact that Christians believe the Messiah has already been here and religious Jews do not.

10. Chips Rafferty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +75
    You’re right of course. God is only saving 144,000 virgin Jewish men, who haven’t tainted themselves by “doing the nasty” with them “unclean” women, for himself (Revelation).

So all us pussy lovin’ European types are wasting our time arse-licking the, apparently, lisping, mincing, limp-wristed Jesus.

And all those so-called Kikes in Israel, (half of whom are so Aryan they would have a walk-up start in Hitler’s SS) that are a major cause of Dimwit’s War on T-u-u-r, are wasting their time dry-humping the Wailing Wall.

There is a big board outside of Heaven saying, “Bedouin buggers only need apply.”

Yes, I know, I know, “Revelation is only meant to be read allegorically” All you need to do is repent, accept G-E-E-E-ZUS!!, and its all over bar the Hosannas.

Unfortunately for you Gunny, Jesus is a racially prejudiced Jew and would look upon you like he would a pork chop at the Purim festival. So unless you’re a circumcised Sodomite, who looks like Saddam Hussein, you’re shit outta luck.

I can scriptually prove every word I say here.

And don’t come the usual Proddie raw prawn about “Only the “saved” can interpret Stricture.” Being a dry drunk, I sincerely repented, begged Jesus to be my Saviour, and consequently WAS saved, every horrible morning after the night before.

Why I'll wager I'm the most saved man in Christendoom! :eusa_snooty: