Chinese seminars for GOP: How to outsource US Jobs to China

China needs to pass 2,000 page laws covering health care, banking, auto industry, it's the only way to slow their growth

How many pages do the health care laws of Canada, Japan, and Germany, just to mention three, have in them? They all have longer average life spans, far lower infant mortality, and no one there loses their homes because of medical bills.

China needs to pass 2,000 page laws covering health care, banking, auto industry, it's the only way to slow their growth

How many pages do the health care laws of Canada, Japan, and Germany, just to mention three, have in them? They all have longer average life spans, far lower infant mortality, and no one there loses their homes because of medical bills.

Shhh, don't distract it from it's mission. It has a ring to protect.

So you admire China? How they handle business? How they treat their "workers"?

Should we be more like China? How should we be more like China?

The health care bill was 1550 pages.

The Republican Bill was only one page. I think it said, "Die quickly".

Key to shipping jobs to China is skipping Math entirely, teaching science to the religious tenets of any random 10th century church, teaching Ebonics rather than English and having the only discipline in schools be against over priced condoms.

And the Chinese think this is hilarious.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrgpxoS8nzE"]You want fries with that?[/ame]

Key to shipping jobs to China is skipping Math entirely, teaching science to the religious tenets of any random 10th century church, teaching Ebonics rather than English and having the only discipline in schools be against over priced condoms.

And the Chinese think this is hilarious.

You want fries with that?

So the millions of jobs Conservatives moved to China was because of "Ebonics"? I see. Now I understand.

The right wing has so much insight. So much knowledge. So much understanding. We underestimated them.

Kids in Japan, Taiwan, China, Japan, Korea, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Germany, France, Italy, Russai, Mexico, et etc are all learning to speak english to a high standard.

Kids in the US..... Not so much.

Kids in Japan, Taiwan, China, Japan, Korea, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Germany, France, Italy, Russai, Mexico, et etc are all learning to speak english to a high standard.

Kids in the US..... Not so much.

And yet, Republicans didn't help move 2.4 million jobs to all those countries. Only China. Where they pay 51 cents an hour. Hmmm.

You pay 51 cents for something, you get something worth 51 cents.

What matters in the real economy is people with useful skills. Turkey didn't notice the world wide econ slowdown. But their schools are among the top performing. Taiwan also does well. Their schools were about as good as Turkey's.

American schools have the reputation as being all about self esteem. Chinese schools are all about Math, physical science and languages. If you were an employer, would you rather hire someone with usable skills, or someone who had no clue, but felt good about himself?

The jobs go to where the skills are, and where the pay rate makes sense. No public official can put a job here or there. Economic forces are as impersonal as the weather.

The reason jobs are going off shore is because they can find folks who can do the job better, cheaper there.

If you want to blame folks for offshoring US jobs, then the folks to blame are the Departments of Education across the country who turn out kids with no skills.

foxconn-99852fa64bf54998400x.jpg

Is Apple's suicide factory outsourcing to even cheaper Chinese peasants? | ZDNet

Last May, we learned about the string of suicides on Apple’s production line. As of May 27, 16 people had attempted to take their lives by jumping off factory roofs (12 succeeded). At least another 20 were stopped before they could jump. Reuters reports that Chinese workers have “twisted Foxconn’s Chinese name so that it now sounds like: ‘Run to your Death’.”

The company strings nets between buildings as a way to catch jumpers. According to Foxconn’s CEO, Terry Gou, “It is a clumsy solution, but it may save lives.” .

Apple mandated that the maximum overtime be 20 hours a week, so Foxconn workers now only work 60 hours a week. Of course, they’re still making only 51 cents an hour.

Foxconn may be spending billions of dollars to build a plant where it can pay workers even less than 51 cents an hour.

And Republicans say it's because we tax our companies? And they get mad when I use the "F" word.

Fool

Last edited by a moderator:
Also from Rdean's article

t should also be noted that for an emerging country, the Foxconn plant is actually quite progressive. The workers make considerably more than almost anyone else doing the same work in China.

These folks are mostly barely literate peasants right off the collective farm in the backwoods of China.

I would gather from the tone of the article, that the average chinese laborer would find 40 cents an hour a princely sum.

These workers don't have to have any skills beyond that of showing up on time and working a 10 hour day. Apple is getting what they pay for.

This is the kind of life you relegate people to when you send them off into the world with no skills. Raising wages by legislation does not change the dynamic of their labor being only worth what the employer is willing to pay.

You should rail at the US educational system which is producing workers with no skill sets. Because soon or late, if things keep going the way they are, we will be the ones getting outsourced coolie labor.

Do check out mysojou.com and see what the average chinese worker has to put up with in the way of bosses, working conditions, job options, life conditions.

And stop being so smug. China was once rich, prosperous, and powerful too.

c3240d36-8025-4865-bf4d-0161f8308016.jpg

Last edited:

t should also be noted that for an emerging country, the Foxconn plant is actually quite progressive. The workers make considerably more than almost anyone else doing the same work in China.

These folks are mostly barely literate peasants right off the collective farm in the backwoods of China.

I would gather from the tone of the article, that the average chinese laborer would find 40 cents an hour a princely sum.

These workers don't have to have any skills beyond that of showing up on time and working a 10 hour day. Apple is getting what they pay for.

This is the kind of life you relegate people to when you send them off into the world with no skills. Raising wages by legislation does not change the dynamic of their labor being only worth what the employer is willing to pay.

You should rail at the US educational system which is producing workers with no skill sets. Because soon or late, if things keep going the way they are, we will be the ones getting outsourced coolie labor.

Do check out mysojou.com and see what the average chinese worker has to put up with in the way of bosses, working conditions, job options, life conditions.

Oh, OK, so you feel we should build up that country at the expense of our own? China sucks because it's a communist county. Republicans are in love with a communist country.

Tell me again. Why are Republicans in love with a communist country?

I am not in love with a communist country.

China is paying real attention to improving the lot of its citizens. they are moving up from zero.

They are improving educational opportunity and job opportunity. Sucky wages, but that is the fault of the mismanagment over the last several hundred years.

If we don't improve the schools etc. and if we keep passing cash to the elites, we will be envying the condition they are now in.

It wasn't long ago that the US was little more than grass and forest. And the Chinese were the mighty empire.

Then they made the people suffer in order that the mandarins could live well.

and China found itself backward and humiliated.

They have learned their lesson. They care about education and making progress.

I hope we don't have to learn the same lesson that thinking ourselves the Bee's knees and not caring about making things better for the people will result in us sinking in the same boat.

I am not in love with a communist country.

China is paying real attention to improving the lot of its citizens. they are moving up from zero.

They are improving educational opportunity and job opportunity. Sucky wages, but that is the fault of the mismanagment over the last several hundred years.

If we don't improve the schools etc. and if we keep passing cash to the elites, we will be envying the condition they are now in.

It wasn't long ago that the US was little more than grass and forest. And the Chinese were the mighty empire.

Then they made the people suffer in order that the mandarins could live well.

and China found itself backward and humiliated.

I hope we don't have to learn the same lesson that thinking ourselves the Bee's knees and not caring about making things better for the people will result in us sinking in the same boat.

Is the reason you don't post any links because you just made that up? Funny, American right wingers romanticize the Communist government in China, but call our democratically elected president a "communist". Isn't that hilarious?

For China, it's all about power. That government cares less about it's citizens than the Republicans care about the middle class in this country.

And look what they do.

Marion, N.C. Dongguan verses China

NC - $25,049 Factory worker annual wages

China - $1,205-$1,445
(includes housing,
subsidized meals)(Could you imagine living in a dorm?)

$44,985 line supervisor annual wages

China - $4,819-$6,024

$66,217 Plant manager, annual wages

China - $40,000-$50,000

$35-$40 per square foot.

China - Cost to build a factory $7 per square foot

China solidifies dominance in furniture making.html

Last fall a group called the American Furniture Manufacturers Committee For Legal Trade filed an antidumping petition with the U.S. government. The group alleges that wood bedroom furniture made in China is being illegally “dumped” on the U.S. market, and it has asked the government to curtail imports of such furniture by imposing punitive tariffs. The ruling on the petition could come as soon as late April. That’s right around the corner, so here’s a furniture-dumping FAQ.

1. What is dumping?
Dumping is defined to occur when foreign-made products are sold here for less than in the producing country. The conventional wisdom is that foreign producers are willing to sell their products here below cost in hopes of driving out domestic producers and then raising prices to exorbitant levels.

http://libres.uncg.edu/ir/uncg/f/A_Brod_FurnitureDumping_2004.pdf

-------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone believe that after Republicans went to so much trouble from 2001 to 2008, to help move millions of jobs to China that Republicans will stand up against the Chinese, even when the Chinese are committing unfair business practices????????????????

Look how Republicans on this site defend their corporate masters. If it weren't so awful, it would be hilarious.

How can I post a link to prove I am not in love with communist china?

You make an insane assertion to me and say I must post a link to disprove it?

Don't you get enough oxygen on your planet?

The assertion I am making is that wages are based on skills and the competitive environment.

I am also asserting that the Chinese government, as sleazy as they are, are working to improve the skills of their workforce, while here the government seems to be dumbing down everything down to your level.

I am not saying this is something I want. I would prefer that people here had better skills that made competition with china have a more positive comparative advantage for us.

We can't change the Chinese, but we are changing ourselves for the worse, which is why the jobs are migrating.

How can I post a link to prove I am not in love with communist china?

You make an insane assertion to me and say I must post a link to disprove it?

Don't you get enough oxygen on your planet?

The assertion I am making is that wages are based on skills and the competitive environment.

I am also asserting that the Chinese government, as sleazy as they are, are working to improve the skills of their workforce, while here the government seems to be dumbing down everything down to your level.

I am not saying this is something I want. I would prefer that people here had better skills that made competition with china have a more positive comparative advantage for us.

We can't change the Chinese, but we are changing ourselves for the worse, which is why the jobs are migrating.

They are improving educational opportunity and job opportunity.

To me, this sounds like someone in love with China. When I say "post some links", I'm talking about all the wonderful things China is doing for it's people now that they have
learned so much.

Sending American jobs to China where the people are working for 51 cents an hour and living is dorms IS passing cash to the "elites". The people there are working 60 to 70 hours a week and their lives have improved so much, the companies are placing nets between the buildings to catch the people who keep trying to jump off them. Wow, their lives have really improved. Those people now think they can "fly".

500x_foxconn_nets-485x646.jpg

10435-newly-installed-nets-to-prevent-workers-from.jpg

foxconn-net-close-look.jpg

I BELIEVE I COULD FLY!

I BELIEVE I COULD TOUCH THE SKY!

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back